Smiley
Sad
<- 123456 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I tried to redo some part of my run without success. I always got a longer run. Even at the bridge level I failed with killing mutants before Bourbon arrives. So we should become pro before we start 'overrun' my last video.
Found a map glitch in D6.

Not sure if it's possible to get some kind of advantage out of it. The point is that you can't get closer to the top. Maybe somebody else wants try to get there somehow. I noticed that it's possible to crawl on edges quite efficiently. So maybe a careful combination of jumping and sneaking could do the trick. The jump from fence to door is quite tricky, you only reach it when jumping from a special spot and then smashing the spacebar til he jumps again.

Another glitch you can get in D6 is to using the elevator and a pipe to jump two levels lower (lower than I did in the video). From there you can reach the elevator's rails, but you'll fall down in a scripted sequence. Will try to jump past them or glitch my way there otherwise.
Though, it'd be pointless to try it out since most scripts can't be skipped. I still hope that the game continues the story immediately when getting to a place earlies, like it warps NPCs required for certain sequences (example: Khan in Anomaly, you can straight run to the railcar and he'll be present no matter how away he was).
Edit history:
bebeDesigner: 2010-10-04 10:47:50 am
bebeDesigner: 2010-10-04 10:46:10 am
i see you are trying little man. Cheesy I have to disappoint you. There is an invisible 3D(or2) trigger that kills you immediately. And you cannot bypass it because developers were very aware.
Edit history:
Kekskiller: 2010-10-04 11:37:44 am
Kekskiller: 2010-10-04 11:37:30 am
Yes, they set a specific height from which you'll die immediately. Why couldn't they stay at GSC and combine both game direction into a better Stalker and a less strict Metro game?

Fuck, this game is boring. Hm, were did I put my copy of Pokemon...
Edit history:
bebeDesigner: 2014-02-09 03:35:04 pm
bebeDesigner: 2010-10-04 01:58:26 pm
bebeDesigner: 2010-10-04 01:57:22 pm
bebeDesigner: 2010-10-04 01:42:12 pm
Cheesy you are right. i hate this game from now. its great okay but i wont do any more run for a month... or before verification. I show you my last video thing about D6.
And here it is. I will be under verifing :DDDD but wait. what if it will be rejected? :O i gotta find another game...
Here's the Bridge Ladder Skip found recently for anybody who is still interested in this game.
Edit history:
sandstormify: 2014-01-23 01:45:28 pm
Alright, my first run of the game, though it was semi blind and I got lost like 30 times and also died a few times, I got a 3:15:56. So I got a lot to improve on. I can see all the places where I can save time.. Will keep trying, learn levels and such..

I understand how you guys thing that the game is boring but for me, the game is a starting game for speed running. Seems to me to be very casual because of all the scripted scenes and the low amount of glitches.. I'll just get WR and find a new game Tongue
I'm just going to be keep adding on to this thread after every thing I find, I may or may not post a video on this new one but it is proven to save roughly 40-50 seconds on Dead City 1.

Proven as in I put a split into Llanfair using the time of it in the segmented run(3:19) And then did it with the somewhat glitch and my time was 2:37.50. I highly doubt there are many other glitches in this game but so far from what I have found I can shave off at least 3-4 mins roughly through these glitches and some route changes.
New route for dead city 1, A little faster can be done than what I did but it's still way faster than the old one.

Here's the video:
All right, my second full through single segment run was a 2:49:12.24 With the beginning ladder climb and credits.

I lost time because I got lost on the level before the library, I missed the ladder jump twice (got it the third time), missed the jump over the invisible wall. I also lost almost 14 mins on D6 because of dying to the explosive balls...

More than likely my next run will be sub 2:40:00 or even sub 2:30:00 If I get a good run that is. I'll record my next run then submit it for validation, I doubt they will take down your Segmented one since it's a separate category, I also doubt I will attempt a segmented run.. I've been running this for less than a week and I'm already feeling it.

And yes.. less than a week.. about 3-4 days to be exact.. started about.. Monday or Tuesday, basically the day I posted the first glitch in bridge...
All right! My final run Is roughly 2:45:37.81 Including credits and cut scenes. I am happy with this run because I got all of the tricks in library (ladder jump, and the frame perfect invisible wall jump) on first try. I did die once in D6 because I went too far down on the railings and died. So at least if I a run without that death it will be a 45:00 or something. Anyway I will be submitting the run for validation so I look forward to what they have to say.
Edit history:
sandstormify: 2014-01-27 03:13:11 pm
I'm so sad... I got a Pb... But... I lost almost 4 mins because of Depot and not killing the patrol, and I lost time at the end because I forgot to aim down the sights to kill the darkone.. Ended up dying and having to do that running scene again. I am so sad. But I am positive that my next run will be a Sub 2:40:00, when that run comes I will submit it. After Nate decides to validate my video quality >.> It will be at least by tomorrow, since I just do 1 run a day. Because I'm busy the rest.
Edit history:
Duane Jones: 2014-02-05 08:52:35 pm
Duane Jones: 2014-02-05 07:38:11 pm
Duane Jones: 2014-02-05 07:24:42 pm
Oh man, I'm jealous.  I've been working on this game off and on for a month or two, focused on a single segment but also working on segmented, and it looks like you're doing great things!

Keep me(us) updated on the run man, I'm psyched someone else is putting some time into this game!
Yeah I do it on easy, it's as bebe said, it's mostly for Frontline to allow you to get through it in about 2:30 or so other than if you did it on medium or hard it would take like 7mins. I might attempt medium or a hard run in the future.. but once I get a time and a run I like I probably will stop running the game. It's boring now cause of the scripted scenes plus I don't have time to do a two and a half hour run every day.

Sorry it took awhile to reply I've been busy :P. Might be awhile before I get myself a Sub 2:40:00 but I'll post about it when I do Tongue
Word dude.  I've found a couple of small time savers (2-3 seconds each) that are easily applicable to a single segment run that i didn't see used in the WR run.  PM me or something if you're interested.  I'd just post them here but just in case you've already found them I don't to waste time or space to post them.

Also, there's something I've been wondering about though, hopefully I can get this figured out--The version of the game I play is the standard one available for purchase on Steam.  This version includes all the DLC.  In the Armory level, after Andrew the blacksmith pulls you into his little shack, there is a volt driver, an automatic shotgun, and several piles of shotgun ammo that you can pick up without losing any time...Since these items didn't appear in the current WR, what's the consensus on using/picking/etc these items?  Are they off limits?

I bring it up because a considerable military-ammo-advantage can be attained by selling either of the weapons.  hmmmmmmmmm
Edit history:
sandstormify: 2014-02-15 09:21:01 am
I cannot tell from experience because my game doesn't have DLC, for reason I don't really want to disclose.

But anyway, anything within the game can be used, plus those items won't help the run considerably since there are few levels in the game where you would need guns/Military ammo which is in d6 and biomass. The game gives you a lots of guns and military ammo after armory anyway. Plus once you get to armory you only need 100 military ammo so you can buy the armor if you do an easy run. Which I figured that the Tihar (pneumatic rifle) that can be found on dead city 2 in one of the garbage things will suffice. I usually get to armory with 60+ military ammo and I just exchange the Tihar for the regular shotgun for 36 ammo then sell assault rifle ammo untill i get to 100, It doesn't really lose time I don't think since you have to wait for Andrew to reach the hole before the cut scene happens.

Within D6 and Biomass you can use the military ammo that is found on that level to kill the Amoebas in 1 hit(or so). And also use it in the level leading to tower.

So all and all, you are free to pick it up if you feel that it will help, It might help killing the patrol on depot to save like 30 seconds if you have trouble killing him( which I do Cry )but other than that you get tons later on.

And also if there is any other small time savers I would love to know, I feel like I found most of the large ones but if I don't already do some of them by instinct then I'd love to know. It's nice that there is still someone running this game other than me right now. But I guess that's just more competition huh? thumbsup
Oh and also, do you stream your runs of the game? If not do you still use a split program to keep track of your run? I've been using Llanfair to help me see if I'm doing bad or not. This also forces me to be in windowed mode. I'd just like to know as maybe we could share splits or something......idk.... I'm weird like thaaaat. Tongue
Quote from Duane Jones:
Also, there's something I've been wondering about though, hopefully I can get this figured out--The version of the game I play is the standard one available for purchase on Steam.  This version includes all the DLC.  In the Armory level, after Andrew the blacksmith pulls you into his little shack, there is a volt driver, an automatic shotgun, and several piles of shotgun ammo that you can pick up without losing any time...Since these items didn't appear in the current WR, what's the consensus on using/picking/etc these items?  Are they off limits?

I bring it up because a considerable military-ammo-advantage can be attained by selling either of the weapons.  hmmmmmmmmm

If the ammo only appears in the DLC version, then a run of that version would perhaps be listed in a different category than a run without any DLC (although it matters how much the difference really is).
Edit history:
sandstormify: 2014-02-15 11:05:27 am
sandstormify: 2014-02-15 11:04:38 am
Quote from ymh:
If the ammo only appears in the DLC version, then a run of that version would perhaps be listed in a different category than a run without any DLC (although it matters how much the difference really is).

Yeah if it did impact the game that much it would have to be in a different category but from what I can tell If anything it might save a couple seconds but I doubt anything else at all.
I haven't been streaming runs any more.  It was impacting my FPS to the point that certain very important jumps and such were too messy to pull off consistently.

I use a weird timer to time myself...i'm trying to remember the name...it's called XNote Stopwatch and it was the only timer i could find that i could start/stop/reset while keeping the game full screen mode.  I'm sure you can find it through google.  I just set the hotkeys to be the play/pause/stop music controls on my keyboard, and it's been working great for me.

I haven't been keeping track of splits at all lately, as I'm focused entirely on doing a segmented run right now.
Oh, and for the time being then...I'm going to keep selling the volt driver that I find in the armory.  The way my run goes, I dont have enough MGR to buy the stealth suit for front line if I dont. 

Yes, I use the stealth suit for frontline.  And have been getting consistent sub WR times on that segment....  #secret strat
Quote from sandstormify:

And also if there is any other small time savers I would love to know, I feel like I found most of the large ones but if I don't already do some of them by instinct then I'd love to know. It's nice that there is still someone running this game other than me right now. But I guess that's just more competition huh? thumbsup

The three I'm thinking of right now are in Child and Library and archives. 

Child:  there's a box you can jump over to save yourself navigating the perimeter of a room

Library:  You dont have to navigate all the way around the 2nd floor after you climb the stair case.

Archives:  There's a staircase shortly after the invisible wall jump that you can descend faster than seen in the WR.

All three of these are really easy to pull off.  Do you want vidoes?
I swear if you have a better route for frontline that isn't a full on bull rush I would love to know.. But on the other hand I've been getting sub wr on it a few times just by running but I do sometimes end up dying on it because of stupid grenade throws or just soaking up too much damage.

And for those time savers, I haven't even attempted any of them, I feel like I should re-route a few of the maps see if there are any other that I can fine myself.

I seen the dropbox vids, though it's dark I can still make it out.
I do have a better route  : D

But it's really really really difficult to pull off in a single segment run.  It's super risky. 

Also...it's like the ace in my sleeve.  But, since you found and shared those two giant skips on bridge and dead city...I do feel really obliged to share.  There is something about my route that I'm pretty sure would be applicable to your single segment run. 

and by pretty sure....I mean that it would totally save you at least a few seconds.  I could make a video for it and have it up in a few minutes if you like.  Or i could just try to describe it.