Smiley
Sad
<- 123456 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Certainly, if you're male and gay for sure Grin .

It's also funny to see how Bourbon seems to travel with the speed of light from one block to another block, you can completely skip the script from your first surface visit. I should take a look a the lists of golden cartridges, maybe it's not possible to collect all of them without sacrificing speed (just mentioning the ranger hideouts on the surface).

Also, congrats to your second bandit base segment. I couldn't imagine to just walk through their without getting through the crate maze before I saw how you did it Smiley . What's really bothering me is the first one - you need to kill at bandits to get Bourbon through and you can't recollect your knifes/ammo without having spend too much time on the looting. Did you fight your way through or is there a way to sneak through?
Edit history:
bebeDesigner: 2010-09-27 10:28:09 am
Well, after verifying, I am going to write down all of my improvements (i can write down but you can also see it)
And I want to be the runner like Spider Waffle but I'd mention you in my comments all the time.
You know I cant say anything now because my run is not shown. by the way you said so detailed things. Im afraid my run is not enough for existing. But i think If its quite good, you should say it can go and the next round we do this together.
I did not have problems with gasmask. At the last chapter, I had 22 or 33 filters. So it doesnt matter. Anyway I'll send you my timetable for... for sure.
I was thinking. My run cannot be quicker than 1-2 minutes. I tried everything. When I found a very cool trick, the invisible wall blocked my way.
I'll show you an example.
Edit history:
bebeDesigner: 2010-09-27 10:58:31 am
That's just one of hundreds of problems:

plus! Dont refuse anything. Okay its not the Good ending of course, but refusing the kid's offer, or the Mother's offer cause bad luck. For example you dont get much ammo from secret places.

The worst thing in this game is that you cant boost yourself with a grenade Sad
I used a trainer to gain higher jump and there were a lot of place to skip. For example the defeat scene where you have to kill mutants with the crew, you would just jump up to the sergant's metal box and you can rush for the leaved station
Edit history:
bebeDesigner: 2010-09-27 11:03:23 am
My run is on easy level because there is a map that need it. Smiley Frontline
Edit history:
Kekskiller: 2010-09-27 11:39:34 am
Hehe, the point is not to speed up the time by a major factor but to keep Bourbon just walking rather than shooting mutants so after keeping all NPCs with disturbance you get a improvement that could be in sum better than not trying it. I know this game has just too many invisible walls. Another problem like that is in the first mission with Khan, the ghost stuff. You can't shorten the time he needs to open the door, but can run and he keeps running too and the first two (three?) ghosts. You can also skip the train by running up the wall a meter and jump beside the train. Then there's the problem with the wall of ghost men, which can only be broken by Khan self. I Once they are gone you can skip the whole rest by running straight through all doors.

Hm, well the difficulty is a point. See this for a balance note. Can't say much more about, except that Hardcore or even Ranger Hardcore goes much easier cause you just need a few shots to take enemies down.  About the moral point stuff: It doesn't matter if you get good or bad Karma. The cost for good karma is getting into too much "wait and listen" situations. In the end I'd just look what's shorter in dialog or cutscene rather how you get ammo. Well, I'll just rush through the game and write down all the stuff I did, then review your one.

I have some levels to do now.
Edit history:
bebeDesigner: 2010-09-27 11:41:45 am
What about the image that i sent you private?

I can skip a little part of khan at the guard ghost scene but its just 3-4 seconds.
Well there is a very odd thing. There is a map call Division. Its just for timing scripted scenes! You have to go to the train and that's the level. But you can do it two ways. First is jump through everything and get there as soon as possible. I did it. Then the second idea is to go behind your mate. And the second mode gains -5 seconds! I'd think about these scripted stuffs...
Hm, you're right, that's already some nice time in the picture. I don't know, need to see it before I can discuss further. So gimme some time Tongue
Edit history:
bebeDesigner: 2010-09-27 12:12:51 pm
bebeDesigner: 2010-09-27 12:12:30 pm
I'll give you the time until verifying and then I'll be coming out with the improvements. We will make a mixture and that's gonna be cool Cheesy

EDIT: I think Frontline is the reason for staying at Easy difficulty. Sneaking or killing cost +3-4 minutes for advenced aimers I think.
I arrived in Frontline, If you walk most of the part and sneak during the first half or the staircase you can then simply walk towards the platform where they're existing a soldier. If you stand infront the platform you can see the small lower platform edge on the right. You can use this as a sneaky way to get the pipe system to move to a small nazi campfire room via the ground (the gas-filled lower part of the level) without giving any position and it could get quite fast when quickly switching between running, walking and at certain spots sneaking. Knowing where the pipes and were to jump can give a straight run without interference, plus you're still sneaking. I'm not experienced in this level, so I don't know if there's another path beside walking on the lower ground or by shooting down all the Reds and Nazis. From the campfire you can sneak behind the one guard, deactivate the lights and wait for him to go.

I didn't continue from their, but I wish it would be possible to multiplay the level somehow, so we could simply check which way is quicker.
Edit history:
bebeDesigner: 2010-09-27 01:01:17 pm
I tell you. Reds can be sneaked but nazis catch you because of the machinegunner up there. and then the trolley, etc. its fuckin hard to survive on hardcore
Edit history:
Kekskiller: 2010-09-27 01:10:04 pm
The machine gunner didn't even see me, will try to get some recording working and will upload the video then.
The trolley can be avoided by walking up the left wall in the tunnel. That kinda a glitch, it works for every round tunnel with much deco in the game. If the trolley's lights are visible, just run up their out of sight. Only thin worrying me is how to get past the many guards  in the trolley without throwing knifes. I don't have anyone since I throw at some mutants for no apparent reason. One will have to a quarter minute or so, damn scripts! I got to the firecamp in around two minutes (minus the initial cutscene) if I remember correctly. From there it's also possible to fight. To bad there are two throwing knifes in the tunnel AFTER you killed the many Nazi guards there...
Edit history:
bebeDesigner: 2010-09-27 01:22:55 pm
bebeDesigner: 2010-09-27 01:22:15 pm
hmm. i know everything that you said but these are too many things. I prefer running and killing those who stay in your way. Anything you say I know and I tried but in my opinion it wasnt time saver trick. And who cares if the metro 2033 speedrun is on easy difficulty. You will know why I am saying it always. There is an ending chapter... and you will cry for another medikit.
Edit history:
bebeDesigner: 2010-09-27 01:28:51 pm
bebeDesigner: 2010-09-27 01:25:44 pm
Let's see my run and then I'll work with you on the fully optimized fastest speedrun like.... the half life 1 bootcamp (amazing just watch it) Smiley

I say it cause I hate metro 2033 now. I played too much and now i need a lil pause. verification time is just good for me. So i am sorry but i wont go back and load metro for a few days.
Yeah, of course is it easier this way when you can aim better and faster than me xD . And that's not hard, that's why rather prefer sneaking and knowing what the factually shortest way is to avoid every kind of fighting ^^ . I just decided to use one of my backup game states from the point on where you meet the first librarian to quicken this stuff. So I'll just go on and enjoy the complete ending part rather normally and watch your run later Wink .
Edit history:
Kekskiller: 2010-09-27 04:33:48 pm
Kekskiller: 2010-09-27 04:15:09 pm
Ok, been through all maps, the last chapters are questionable in optimization. Every script you'd like to avoid can't actually be avoided since they trigger parts of the map you'll to go further. That's quite tricky, so most of the time saving can only be done in the freeroaming areas on via leaving the map and try getting to story before the NPCs do (which is quite unlikely). I also see where your problem for higher difficulties in later levels is. Hu, that'll quite hard to get it shorter Undecided .

And about the medpacks... On easy I didn't need any, which again brings the controversy with more live but less bullet damage vs oneshots on every enemy when knowing where they are (yeah, I know, I have a crush on this ^^ ).

What a story-polluted game!
Edit history:
bebeDesigner: 2010-09-27 10:35:46 pm
Use iron sight. (mouse2) I was surprised how useful it is. The first submachinegun kills with 2-3 bullets! I tried this on dead city 2 map.
But now I have an idea to comment my run to avoid questionable things.
Little joke for the plebs Smiley

Edit history:
bebeDesigner: 2010-09-28 10:20:41 am
Sad Huston I've got problems. http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/metro_2033__technical_question..._or_not.html
I am so angry now. I should make a single segment run and no problems, verifiers are more permissive... Good idea
Okay kekskiller. it seems everything can be normal again. i am looking forward the verification. any news?
Edit history:
bebeDesigner: 2010-09-28 01:37:33 pm
You said that if my run was rejected I'd keep it on youtube or somewhere else. I am playing since the middle of june! Everything is in my head. I can tell you the whole speedrun from my mind. But you are right. we need verifiers. any idea? kidnapping? blackmailing? Cheesy i tell at Hungarian sites that I need someone to test my run. Without success.
Haha, I don't think we have enough money to force people doing so Smiley . Well, I had a math exam today, so no speedrunning for me. I'm currently looking for a free recording software to show hoch much and how it took me to stealth my way in frontline (since I there are not enough verifyers yet I will also have to wait to your version). I don't wannt to pay 37 bucks for just recording some videos.

But the shortcut you found sounds promising. Could it be some kind of "developer gadget" they implemented to get to the cutscene quicker? Seems that it simply cuts the annoying dark one scenes plus you get the good ending Cheesy .
No speedrunning for me too. Smiley My duty is biology for tomorrow. But this video is just fun. I was jumping and finding a way somewhere else and I just found this button. I used it but nothing happened. And then I thought I could make a video... And I append the good ending with some effect to my button vid and here you are. The big joke.

Being serious just to inform you (facts):

- Monsters come from random places after the first 4-5 monsters that come from a scripted place.
- D6 air generators are randomly broke down
- killing the balls is quicker for speedrunning than destroy the whole 'ball-mother' stuff.
- going out from outpost map and back is longer then my way with +10, 15 sec.
- if you walk next to your mate its quicker because the computer needs to process his way real time. (or i dont know why)
- on easy, you dont have to afraid of empty filter and ammo
- the next level saves your stamina. you cannot run
- nothing moves your player except mutants ( extreme situation: youtube - librarian bug)
- there are lots of places to jump on and try to skip. I try them only in a very few segments. There are more than you can imagine Cheesy

thats for today. i hope this project wont affect your exams. or your life Cheesy
Hehe, 3:08 with stealth and running. Watching the video online didn't work for me, so you may download it (MP4, 50 MB). I'm sorry for the keyboard clickery, forgot to turn the micro off. This can be done much faster by training and some other improvements. I'd need to shorten it by 27 seconds + plus the intro sequence... Quite a challenge, but still no additional 4 minutes to your time Wink .

List of possible improvements:
- stealth the first stair/guard pair and run straight to the executioners + jump on the sacks and then on the bridge (maybe quicker)
  -> thinking about it, it could be possible to directly jump towards the edge, take a medkit if the guards shoot (need health to make a jump later) and continue normally then
- don't sneak them, just jump on the edge to the right
- find better ways over the pipes
- jump directly from the greenly illuminated pipe, gotta take a closer look at this
- maybe time jumps better and try to lengthen the stamina
- don't hang on at the electric switch (required for upper part of the stairs, shooting the lamp alarms the guards)
- kill only one guard at the trolley dungeon to get your way through
- hide from trolley a light later (could be possible when running straight)
- from now on shoot all following guards (i noticed just giving a few shots make them crouch, so you can run, keep slowdowns while shooting small and take a medkit later when they start fighting back)

Guess grenades are too slow for the last two guards (and you'd be killed with them). Not sure if I can reduce the time enough the beat your one and I didn't even include the longer cutscene in the beginning... Depending on whether it's possible to pick up the knifes again without sacrificing speed, you won't even loose any. Just saying - don't know if you used any, but I could hardly imagine them beeing useful later except for killing right infront of you when running.

Another thing I asked myself - in this game you've to watch out for your stamina - does jumping (and not pressing any movement key while doing so) consume any stamina? This way it wouldn't be necessary to walk from time to time. Thought about cause there are some moments were you can jump or run with equal success, so you can save some seconds on longer runs like in cursed stations (jumping down the stair and all other kinds of hills - there are some) or the bridge level with bourbon (a dozen of stairs, dunno anymore if it's necessary to walk there). I also have to try shooting while run-jumping works. So you can get full jump speed and shoot. Always seems to slowdown to normal speed while shooting.

So that's it for today, I'll upload the next vids on youtube (with another codec thingy, dunno anymore how youtube's requirements are), so atleast online playback should work fine to everyone.
use fraps+append with virtualdub + convert with adobe media ecoder