Mega Man Square Root of Negative One () (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Warps]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'peter afro'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Mega Man Square Root of Negative One () (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Warps]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/MegaManSquareRoot-20160605/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.
that run is outdated, I sent in a new one that is much faster
Edit history:
ktwo: 2016-07-06 03:04:22 pm
From what I can see, this is the run that was uploaded, but I will also admit that I'm not 100% sure when torrents are used. I've asked for help on checking if a second file has been received as well, but it might take a day or two because of the ongoing marathon.
The file of the improved run has been found! The link in the first post has been updated.
Everyday is puppies and sunshine...
[Verifier's Note: WHAT THE HECK IS THIS MESS OF A GAME?!  LOL]

Definitely fast.  Double-checked and it is labeled [Warps].  The place I could see this being faster is against Wily 2, he uses a charged Mega Buster to kill the boss when he is on 1HP.  Does that boss need to be killed with a charged shot?

As long as we accept joke games, this is an accept.  (I only use the term "joke game" for this one because that's what the author said it was when he started it.)
I used the charge shot so I can also damage the capsule
Edit history:
mrprmiller: 2016-07-09 07:40:44 pm
Everyday is puppies and sunshine...
Wow, I missed that.  Good move!  Smiley
Edit history:
Vucious Creed: 2016-07-12 07:08:28 pm
Glad my fanboy lvls aren't THIS high
The A/Vs are fine, and there is no signs of cheating.  So that initial statement is out of the way.

The run at hand is very tight.  This game have been trimmed down pretty heavily over the past month that this game have been ran (aside from PeterAfro, myself and a couple of others were messing around with this category).  The overall movement was very clean with very little mistakes in each area; though I question one particular damage boost during the final stretch of the "test area" (that Napalm Man reimagining), but that's a matter of personal preference since no time was really lost.

As for the final battle, getting good luck on Wily phases 1 and 3 is really painfully stupid at times.  For comparison, this capsule can be as annoying as the MM5 and MM9 capsules at its worst.  This makes it even worse since if you get hit, you lose your charge.  (For the record there is an item that prevents this, but due to the nature of the category, you obviousy won't be getting it.)  That being said, this capsule luck is nothing short of amazing with Wily being low enough to strike at every teleport.

All in all, this is a very good run for how short the category is and there is very little time that can be saved unless the game is pushed even harder than it is now.  So, pending how SDA treat parody/fan games, I'd say that this is an accept.

P.S.
On a smaller related note, in case it wasn't mentioned elsewhere, I just want to inform that this category is only available on a relatively older version of this game (v1.2).  Newer versions took out this warp/test area and redesigned the final stage/boss (which is much longer) which is why this version is ran for the warps category.
F*ckin' sanity effects...
Don't know anything about this game, so I'll just say I'm very amused by the first form of the final boss, and given what I've seen and what's been discussed in the thread, I can't imagine this being much more than a couple seconds faster.  Accept AFAIC.
Decision posted.