1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/MaxPayne2.html

Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne (Any %) (Individual Level)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
What is the difference between these ILs and the ones that were verified a week or so ago?  They are both noted as IL NYM.  Oh well.  Both of these runs are super short and don't require much commentary.

The p2c2 run is about half a second faster than the other recently approved run, mostly from the first bit of running.  Either running with a pistol is faster or shooting early triggers the guards sooner.  Time is 18.26s.

p3c1 is about 2 seconds faster than the already improved version.  I noticed that simply running up the stairs here seemed a lot faster than hopping up the railings.  This runner skips killing a few guys compared to the other run, and that seems to work out.  A bit more time could have been saved by slow motion reloading at the end as well, but it's not enough to worry about.  Final time is 27.48s.

Accept both ILs, though I would like to hear what other verifiers think about the movement speed discrepancies.  Unless this is a PAL v NTSC issue, it is something I would like to address.

Quote:
p2c2 -  Cleaner and faster = accept. In response to the other verifier as to why it's faster at the start:

1. Smoother turn around on the fade in leading to a more direct route initially
2. 2 jumps up the stairs not 3 (the 3rd jump kills the other runners momentum a bit)

There's no difference to running speed with different weapons and when the guards are triggered is irrelevant (and in fact are triggered earlier in the other run) since it's just about getting from a-b without the guards slowing you down.

p3c1 - Running up is faster than hopping, but people often just do what the predecessor did if it looks faster, without actually testing different movement methods; testing paid off here. Other improvements come about through faster killing, this runner is definitely quicker at killing, more easily targeting the head so there's a lot less time lost overall - accept.

Quote:
Having not seen the previously submitted runs I can't compare the new runs to those so all I can say is that A/V is good, there's no cheating and the runs are fast. Accept.

Quote:
A/V is good, no signs of cheating.

p2c2: Both the movement and aim seem to be optimal, perfect superjumps.

p3c1: Same as before but too bad for the slowdown at the end and I feel that a couple more seconds could had been saved by using a little less bullet-time, but overall looks good.

Both are faster than the current ones. Accept

And sorry for the late verification.

Decision: Accept both

Congratulations to Evgeny 'anarki' Gladkiy!
Thread title:  
1-Up!
Bit of a strange circumstance. Usually these two would have been combined into one verification but the other set (part 1) was actually submitted long before this set and it took a very long time for those ILs to be sent in.
Thanks for the verification.