--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Raelcun: 2012-11-05 12:00:07 am
We require more minerals
Level 7 is pretty simple.  Teleport strats too stronk.

New Game+ 4:08

I timed out level 8 and I gain 18 seconds over the Normal run through the lack of tutorial cutscenes. This means I only lost 7 seconds due to making sure I don't get hit.

Level 8 New Game+ 1:27

Edit history:
Raelcun: 2012-11-05 04:01:13 pm
Raelcun: 2012-11-05 03:57:32 pm
We require more minerals
Level 9 NG+ 5:00

I found out that resetting the last checkpoint after finishing the first tower causes the second tower to glitch out and the laser remains stationary instead of moving from the left to right. This allows me to skip opening the hatch and flipping the lever to ride the box up.

Also if you turn left then open the door while running, you can time opening the door perfectly to make yourself slide in a glitchy zeldaesque way towards him quickly instead of walking slowly.

Level 10 NG+ 3:13

Pretty straight forward, used focus a few times where I can probably get away with not doing it near the end. It was just a practice run though, and can still be improved by a few seconds.

Edit history:
Raelcun: 2012-11-06 04:11:57 am
We require more minerals
Okay, results of tonights stream is interesting.

First off, a possible way to go out of bounds. I need to investigate further. This instance isn't useful because it goes down and then resets me. But in the same level there's a similar door that sends you right. This might be possible to shoot you straight towards the end goal?

Level 11 NG+ 2:42

Oh man do I have word about this one...

Checkpoint abuse is a thing. This level has stupid numbers of checkpoints because it introduces the hardest enemy in the game, and the teleport mechanic. This means that instead of waiting for teleport cooldown you can just load most recent checkpoint and refresh the cooldown on teleport... constantly. Basically at any point where a teleport would save time and it's on cooldown, there is probably a checkpoint you can reload to.

The finale: Levels 12/13 NG+ 7:49

Glad you guys are on this so hardcore! Now I can sit back and do my thing and just watch you guys conquer the game. Tbh I really enjoy watching others play than actually playing myself. Good luck with getting your runs on here!
We require more minerals
Slacker
Edit history:
Raelcun: 2012-11-06 09:10:10 pm
We require more minerals
Just got a 48:35 with tons of mistakes. I'll post it once it's on youtube. Almost 5 minutes better than yours on New Game + Cryptic... your move.

edit: Video is up

Edit history:
Shiden: 2012-11-07 09:48:01 am
Shiden: 2012-11-07 09:47:41 am
I am a slacker, don't deny it. Btw, who the hell is karlaythian on Youtube and why does he dislike everything you post? What an ass. Sad Edit~ despite all your mistakes, that was an epic run! What is your final goal? You have to at least be able to get sub 44.

Is this what you had in mind? Grin
We require more minerals
He's a friend, who acts like a moron at times. Not like dislikes on youtube matter at all so w/e. Honestly can get it close to 40 probably. There's a few more slight optimizations I can make, plus not dying etc.
We require more minerals
Also I've been meaning to ask you Cryptic. How did you do your splits? Wsplit flat out does not work for me while I run Mark of the Ninja. How you get it to work? Or are you using something else?
Have you enabled Global Hotkeys?
Edit history:
Raelcun: 2012-11-07 12:06:33 pm
We require more minerals
Yeah, Global Hotkeys just doesn't work with MotN I mentioned it in a previous post and never got an answer. I have to click off the game to hit the split, which is just not optimal for hitting splits during a run.
Oops, you did and I completely skipped over it. My bad, lol. Not sure what else you could do.. if you have another PC/laptop near by you could always use webcamXP 5 to put your timer onto your stream from it. I made step-by-step instructions how to do this in this thread. But instead of a webcam you would be using SCFH DSF to show your wsplit.
We require more minerals
In case Cryptic wasn't under enough pressure

Ha ha! Oh snap.
We require more minerals
New record
#Practicing MotN
Biggest thing I realized is the fact that you CAN OoB/Clip in the game. Raelcun and I were discussing it. It's pretty frame-perfect, and I'm trying to optimize it and realize exactly what causes it. All I know so far is teleport is required, and it requires some serious speed and momentum buildup.
We require more minerals
I've done it from a standstill before. All I know is that I tried to reproduce it for an hour and didn't even come close.
#Practicing MotN
I've come close when I had it happen. I restarted my run, ended with a 52:08 time. Not fantastic, but not terrible by ANY means. I played around a little more, and if you aim towards the bottom of the door, you're more likely to have somethin' happen. I got stuck in the door TWICE, but haven't quite snuck through it. I use momentum and speed into the teleport and it got me into the door twice, whereas standstill did nothing for me.
Just found OoB (no items required, available even at 1s into new game: http://fr.twitch.tv/angrevol/c/1750657 )
Works everywhere: http://fr.twitch.tv/angrevol/c/1750665
Even did a fast strat for it: http://fr.twitch.tv/angrevol/c/1750668

It seems to be frame perfect. Works by using the jump (jumping from a wall) double kick into a wall+ground angle (prolly only right angles, haven't tried other ones....)
Could be useful (I found it on my 1st minute of playthrough... and i'm only 2h into the game)

Anyway, here it is ! "I found this boss trick, everyone loves me" - Rocmox :3
#Practicing MotN
Angrevol: FANTASTIC Find! I'm going to mess around with this a little bit. There is more than one way to OoB It seems like. I'm going to see if perfecting this technique can cut major time with locked doors etc.

If anyone is currently running this game, add me on steam. Steamid Ketsurou. Really want to discuss this further.
Seems like the wall jump isn't required (got it one with a normal jump and without touching the wall.
Could you see if you can tp after oob? Not Far enough into the game to try it
#Practicing MotN
Angre: Confirmed I was able to, but it required immediate reaction. I'm attempting to teleport under doors still.
We require more minerals
It only appears to work on walls and not doors. It is also rather random and very precise. I can only find one spot in which it's actually useful so far, and even beyond that I can't find a consistent way to do it. Can you explain what your button inputs are?
Edit history:
Angrevol: 2013-01-02 10:41:08 am
Found a perfect fast strat that should work everywhere (still need to try this one on locked doors)

Initial position: Hug a wall (like he was trying to push it), then hold the running key

First Theory (prollly not the good one):
Frame 1: Keep holding left/right and run then. Jump + Kick

Second Theory (Probably the good one):
Frame 1: Keep holding left/right and run then. Jump
Frame 2: Keep holding left/right and run then. Kick

Third Theory (Doesn't seem to work):
Frame 1: Keep holding left/right and run then. Jump
Frame 2: Keep holding left/right and run
Frame 3: Keep holding left/right and run then. Kick

Anyway, seems to be pretty consistent with the second strat, got it 3 times in a row