Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/LionKing.html

Lion King, The (ntscus) (snes) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Difficult]

Verifier Responses

Quote:
A/V: 10/10. Not much else to say here
Cheating: None
Comments: This was definitely a very good run. No big mistakes, and three of the levels actually looked flawless to me. With these strats and route, I'd be very surprised to see a run shaving off anything more than 5 seconds.
Other: Stampede level always reminds me that the runner is not here for my entertainment Sad

Decision: Accept

Quote:
A/V: Excellent.

This run is around 40 seconds faster than the previously accepted, but yet unpublished run. The new run is impeccable with really tight game play and with a couple of new time savers. Here is a quick comparison between the two runs:

The Pridelands - Slightly better execution, mainly because of a missed jump early on in the previous run, to save a little over a second.

Can't wait to be king - Very similar to the last run, but got one more "giraffe head jump", which saved half a second.

The Elephant Graveyard - Same as before. I believe the vultures are rng to some extent, so there might be potential savings here.

The Stampede - Same as before. (autoscroller...)

Simba's Exile - Very good stage. The execution is spot on and a missed (frame perfect) clip in the old run was done successfully this time around. Overall 8 seconds saved.

Hakuna Matata - Pretty similar to the previous run, but the ape fight was ~1.5 seconds faster.

Simba's Destiny - The old run lost 5 seconds from a missed jump near the beginning. The new run also gains few bits of time here and there and ends up 7 seconds faster. There is a shortcut jump that was done on the second try (the tas does it on the first try, but I'm not sure how doable it is in real-time).

Be prepared - Missed skipping a geyser, which cost a little over a second but skipped another geyser the old run didn't. Slightly better execution as well for half a second saved overall.

Simba's return - The old run missed a jump on the second screen (1s). Better method for fighting the hyenas on the fifth, sixth and seventh screens (1s, 1.5s and 1s, respectively). Small time savers elsewhere as well for 5.5s gained in total.

Pride rock - Overall 8 seconds saved. 4 came from avoiding Scar's second death animation and 3.5 from getting a shortcut jump up to the third Scar fight on the first try.

ACCEPT

1 other verifier withheld their comments, but accepted.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'Akiteru'!
Thread title:  
I'm new to the website but... I was told by a friend that I need to post this here. I don't speed run, wasn't even trying to speed run, but for Lion King on the Sega Master System, it appears I've beaten SCAR faster than anyone else. If I'm in the wrong section, I apologize. Since I'm not trying to speed run, I wouldn't be surprised or offended if someone took what I did and made it faster.