Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/LegendOfMana.html

Legend of Mana (Any %) (Single Segment) [LoM: Dragon Storyline]

Verifier Responses

Quote from Champloo:
A/V: Good

No cheating

Time from first character control to final relevant input: 1:38:27 (2:05-1:40:32)
note: I define character control in this game as literally character control and not any of the map selection process that I understand the game counts in its timer.

Final In-Game Time: 1:49
note: in-game time counts final-cutscene and some of the first cutscenes prior to gaining character control

Overall solid run and interesting changes in strategy make a solid improvement over the current dragon line run.

Quote:
A/V looks fine to me throughout the entire run. No evidence of cheating.

Several signs of missed hits and mistakes at points in the run along with dizzies during boss fights, but great drops with SpiralClaw and Braveblade early enough are great enough incentives to keep this run. Not sure if manipulated or not (haven't seen comments yet), but either way well done!

Hard to tell RTA timing based on so many possible starting/ending points, so based on IGT, 1:49. Solid run. Accept!

One question thought, probably posed more in the thread that I haven't cared to review: why keep the Rabite after Bone Fortress?

Quote from djtifaheart:
Note: Picking between the male and female character is personal preference.

Timing: Starts at the world map selection (confirming it) and ends at "fin" fading out. A nine minute improvement over the current SDA run.

A/V is fine.

No watermark.

No cheating involved.

This is a big improvement over the current SDA run. This run took out the Saga Froniter II save file from the previous run. We'll see new things that have been discovered since then.

- "Heavy Attack Cancel Glitch". What you do is leave one of the shoulder buttons free (L1, R1, L2, R2), hit square then hit the freed up shoulder button to avoid delay, allowing you to get quicker attacks off. If you mistime it, it'll leave you open to the enemy's attack.

-- Ability/Technique route: Each group of enemies give one point towards your weapon, ability and technique. Bosses give off one point, expect for a few exceptions, some bosses will give out four to each. The runner routed when he learns each technique and ability to get what he needs for the run. Evade and Counterstrike (ability) and Marblestream (technique).

Won't go over the route itself, but looking for mistakes:

1. Faeries' Light: Talked to the second Dudbear after selling the lamp. That bear can be tricky to get around, very minor mistake though.

2. World Map (After The Fallen Emperor): Selected the Lake Kilma (Stone Eye AF) area when he needed to go to the Norn Peaks (Skull Latern) area for the next quest.

3. Menu Mistake (After getting the SpiralClaw drop during The Guardian of Winds): Went into the ability section (triangle with Lunge equipped) when he meant to go into the technique section to equip Bloody Knuckles on R1.

4. Menu Mistake #2 (The Ghost of Nemesis): In the ability menu, he equipped the wrong ability: Circle (Defensive Lunge) and had to enter the mini-menu again to equip Counterstrike on Circle.

5. General: There were teeny tiny movement mistakes, clipping off corners here and there.

Drops: There are two drops he's looking for, both of them are a 12/5% drop rate. The second drop can make or break your run.

1. Drop #1: SpiralClaw (The Guardian of Winds)
- Didn't drop on the first pass.
-- Didn't drop on the second pass. However, you can run into the enemy you need it to drop from again later on in the quest, before the boss. Got it one screen before Akravator.

2. Drop #2: Braveblade (The Ghost of Nemesis)
- Got it on the first pass - first drop from the first sword he killed.

Misc.

*Summer Lovin': Stepping on a crab wastes a second or two, your goal is to step on as little as crabs as possible.
- Five total crabs stepped on. It's about average for a run, nothing to fret about. Getting zero crabs is possible, but they like to be in your way once you step into a load screen, nothing you can do about it.

General thoughts:
Despite the nitpicks, this run is really good overall. Boss fights went well overall. Akravator went really well, he kept the boss stunlocked most of the fight. Akravator only got one special attack off.

While I do think there's another minute to be saved here, the run is good enough for a SDA submission. I encourage the runner to return to this storyline someday. However, this would require for RNG to be on his side and for everything else to go perfectly. A perfect speedrun? What is that? Joking aside, I wish him luck if he does decide to come back to this one or not.

Decision:
-- Accept!

Quote from Keypaladin:
A/V quality is great.

I see no evidence of cheating.

A few minor mistakes, but the run itself was fantastic, got the necessary drops when without having to go out of the way, and the boss fights went very well.

In-game time is 1:49.

Decision:
ACCEPT!

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Nicholas 'Sir VG' Hoppe!
Thread title:  
Gotta Go Fast!
Quote:
One question thought, probably posed more in the thread that I haven't cared to review: why keep the Rabite after Bone Fortress?
It wastes time to drop off the Rabite back at home - it's in your benefit to just keep your pet throughout the rest of the run.
Fucking Weeaboo
Another victory for America!

Quote from djtifaheart:
Quote:
It wastes time to drop off the Rabite back at home - it's in your benefit to just keep your pet throughout the rest of the run.

Yes, I used to do it in older runs, but it takes some like 45 seconds to ditch it compared to the minor time lost from having it there.

Yes, there's still improvements to be had, but it's time to start getting those really old runs off of the site.