--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Fatalis: 2015-02-18 08:40:55 pm
Quote from ChaosInfernal11:
Pretty bummed that I have a shitty 360 controller wireless receiver for PC.

I use that and it works fine without any noticeable lag.
Edit history:
brassmaster: 2015-02-18 10:43:00 pm
brassmaster: 2015-02-18 10:39:25 pm
have you done any testing on console? i havent looked at PS3 yet, but at least on 360 for the FP skip at the end I'm rarely getting the moon jump and when I do I'm not getting enough height to boost over the wall...

EDIT: okay, it's definitely possible on 360. I'm just having a hard time making it consistent enough for SS
Edit history:
Fatalis: 2015-02-18 11:00:43 pm
Try the setup I use in this video: http://www.twitch.tv/fatalis_/c/6148955 . The most important thing to get it consistent is being on the edge of the ball when you jump. Another thing that seems to help is jumping when you first get into autojump range of the spear.
derp! i think that's what I was missing, jump from the edge of the ball lol.  I think I'll move to do some SS of this now to take a break from my other runs Cheesy
Quote from Fatalis:
Quote from ChaosInfernal11:
Pretty bummed that I have a shitty 360 controller wireless receiver for PC.

I use that and it works fine without any noticeable lag.

It's not lag. Mine's just a knock off that sometimes will forget it has anything connected to it for a few seconds.
So I recently wanted to get into this game and (think) I found something useful. Lets you "teleport" through a wall if you have a spear there, though as soon as you get off you teleport back. Still triggers loads and cutscenes though. So far, only timesave I've found was this. Basically just angle yourself so Lara dives into the wall after getting off the first spear, then jump to the second.

Nice, that saves about 6 seconds with the setup I use. Couldn't find any other uses for it but came close to skipping the Temple Grounds door.
Edit history:
Fatalis: 2015-02-24 11:09:32 am
Fatalis: 2015-02-24 11:09:11 am
Fatalis: 2015-02-24 11:08:59 am
Fatalis: 2015-02-24 10:45:56 am
Fatalis: 2015-02-23 03:17:02 pm
solo 24:05 w/o loads http://www.speedrun.com/lcgol/run/36202
still not deathless.

reliable and fast setup (at least for PC) for zefie's trick in ToL: just rapid throw spears at that spot until one goes through and one sticks

easy swamp cutscene #2 skip, probably faster than throwing a spear but slower than fast strats
Still a damn good run, even with that death. Good job.

I found another barely useful clip to skip the Swamp ball. Also found that you can clip past the Mirror's Wake gate but sadly it doesn't seem far enough to reach the trigger (not sure where it even is tbh)
Confirmed that any physics object can be used to moonjump. Toxic swamp cog cutscene skip: You have to escape the cog room for the area beyond the gate to load
here's a nice spear placement glitch I ran into this evening
http://www.twitch.tv/brsmstr/c/6261792
coop 18:31 http://www.speedrun.com/lcgol/run/39508
RIP Temple Grounds ball, I will not miss you.
I love you and hate you at the same time. nice new skip, but hard as hell to get consistent.
Edit history:
Fatalis: 2015-03-06 05:18:07 pm
Fatalis: 2015-03-06 05:16:11 pm
Fatalis: 2015-03-06 05:09:50 pm
Fatalis: 2015-03-06 04:19:37 pm
Fatalis: 2015-03-06 04:08:46 pm
Fatalis: 2015-03-06 04:07:53 pm
Nice find. I'm pretty sure it's too hard for SS runs, even with mouse/keyboard. Been going at it for about 40 mins and my best IL is 2 mins. EDIT: 0:34

EDIT: I wasn't moving while aiming spear at first. It's easier when you do that because you can go a little farther off the edge.
Edit history:
Zefie: 2015-03-06 04:18:30 pm
Quote from Fatalis:
Nice find. I'm pretty sure it's too hard for SS runs, even with mouse/keyboard. Been going at it for about 40 mins and my best IL is 2 mins.

idk I'm getting fairly consistent sub 1 and 33 best. Sound really is way OP.
wow, my best is 6:06 so far lol
Edit history:
Fatalis: 2015-03-14 10:37:13 am
Fatalis: 2015-03-14 10:35:17 am
For those of you that hate watching the intro movies (when you first start the game) as much as me, here's a patch that removes them. Only changes two bytes and doesn't affect gameplay at all.

http://fatalis.pw/lcgol/lcgol-no-intro-patch.zip
Edit history:
brassmaster: 2015-03-30 08:46:50 am
Did some work on "all reward challenges" category, here's the current route ideas that I have. I'll update this with more when I either record the video or find it in my long stream

but first, here's a weird glitch I ran into
http://www.twitch.tv/brsmstr/c/6351642

Here's my current PB.  There's one change I'll be making that I can think of, but the rest is pretty much set as far as I can tell.  feel free to check it out and let me know what could be improved/changed
http://www.twitch.tv/brsmstr/c/6435132
With a time of 1:07:xxx (i don't remember) on twisting bridge, I guess that brass has officially gotten me to speedrun this game. I like finding skips and glitches more than actually running so I hope I can find some stuff for you guys. I like routing too.
YAY! welcome to the cool kids club zydin. keep in mind for any% runs, xbox loses about a minute to loading and another minute to movement compared to PC
Been playing this game casually with my brother in law, came across somethin' (though I have no video unfortunately), that might be of interest if it can be replicated.  Figured I could at least mention it.  In our time dealing with Toxic Swamp, in the room where you open the first gate with grenade launcher, I ended up out of bounds, on top of the the edge of the level, sort of how you lot end up in say Twisting Bridge. 

Not sure how it happened, but here's what I know, and what was happening;  I had grenade launcher'd the cogs to open the gate, and just kept firing and shooting, because I thought I didn't hit them.  As it turns out I found out after, I DID hit them, and I just didn't get the gate opening cutscene.  I kept jumping and firing during the cutscene apparently, and somehow it warped me up top out of bounds (and I warped back in shortly after).  Unfortunately I don't have any more detailed information, and I didn't mess around while I WAS out of bounds, I am slow to react to things, and was too surprised by it.  My only guess is I somehow canceled the cutscene on my end, and while it was happening when the view shifts to above ground, and shows the gate opening is when I got pushed up OoB.  No idea if it's even helpful, or if it just was a random non reproducable glitch, or what, but I thought I'd mention it, just in case someone wanted to look into it.
Quote from brassmaster:
YAY! welcome to the cool kids club zydin. keep in mind for any% runs, xbox loses about a minute to loading and another minute to movement compared to PC

Ugh. Well, can't say I'm not familiar with frame rate differences in tomb raider games
Edit history:
Zydin: 2015-04-03 05:17:36 pm
so i was trying to do the double spear in the first level and i was having a really difficult time with it (I've done it several times in other levels), and I found a little glitch. Not sure if it'll turn out useful, but I was able to get lara's grapple stuck on a wall. I really wish I were playing co-op to see if Totec could climb it, but I took a picture of it on my phone so I could show you guys. I apologize for the poor quality, but it was the best I could do. Basically I hoped off a spear holding a direction, then instantly slammed back towards the spear and grappled.
Quote from Fatalis:
For those of you that hate watching the intro movies (when you first start the game) as much as me, here's a patch that removes them. Only changes two bytes and doesn't affect gameplay at all.

http://fatalis.pw/lcgol/lcgol-no-intro-patch.zip

Thank you Basedalis.

Zydin: That's a fairly common bug that happens seemingly randomly while grappling early in a jump.  The grapple itself does nothing at that point, if you were over a pit you'll just fall straight down and die.