Sad
page  <- 1234567891011 -> <- 1 .. 6 .. 11 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
DS Dictator
Not right now, it's going to be free on 16th - 31st January. Only Gold members can download the full game for free then.
Edit history:
Vulajin: 2014-01-25 03:44:22 am
So I picked up this game this week, and I've been having a lot of fun with it. I've been running on PC, mostly doing ILs, but I completed my first decent single segment run tonight and it came out to 33:19.977 (using Fatalis's timer):

I also managed to crack top 10 on total time for PC, but I'm still a way off from Fatalis and Brassmaster. Still, I'm going to keep working on this, because this game is fun and broken in interesting ways.
Updated the gdoc leaderboards with your times. I'll keep an eye out for new ones as well.
Downloaded this game a few weeks ago through the free xbox live free download, and have been playing single player and co-op.  Thanks to your guys' vids I managed to get first in xbox live for co-op(as of now) and 2nd in single player.  I don't think I can touch Brassmaster's times on xbox single player though as I can only manage to beat one of his times. Thanks for the speedrun tips and vids!
Bar Jake... say what? you beat one of my times? oooohh no, I cannot stand for this!!!!  nah, I'm just messing around. glad to see another runner out there though.  if you want some more help feel free to ask here.  I have a video speedrun tutorial on my youtube channel "brasstrekker" if you are interested.
Thanks Brassmaster.  Yeah I have seen some of your vids  on youtube and they were a big help.  I just discovered segmenting about a week ago and that has helped improved my times a lot from 4th place to 2nd.  However, I'm still not sold on when to do it.  I'm not sure yet if I should be restarting at every load point or only if i mess up in a certain section, because usually i only reset if i mess up a spot.  Then,  I noticed in your temple of light vid you pretty much reset at every load point.  Can you explain why you do that even without messing up?  Is it saving that much time?  In other levels, it actually seems like some of the load points are worse as it puts you in locations where you need to roll to the side first.  Thanks for the tutorial videos!
Edit history:
Fatalis: 2014-02-14 06:43:51 pm
Fatalis: 2014-02-14 06:43:42 pm
The timer doesn't start immediately and you gain time from every load. Segmenting ILs is silly.
I actually agree with Fatalis, it is quite silly.  It's only possible on the xbox version, too.  each time you exit the checkpoint, the timer is saved at that point and starts up again when the game fully fades in.  where you gain time is that you can move before the game is fully faded in.  you are correct that this is not possible on every checkpoint because the checkpoints set you in a further spot then where you want to be or reset something (like pulling a piston to open a door).  Segmenting like this saves maybe 0.2 - 0.3 seconds each time. I never timed it, but I know it saves a small amount of time each time you do it.  ToL saves the most time out of any level, but there are several levels where this is not used: Summoning, BotB, and MW, and others where there's only a small amount, but ToL has a LOT of them.
I do agree it's silly to segment ILs, but I only started if after seeing one of brassmaster's vids.  i have plenty of levels done on a single run,  and I would actually prefer if you couldn't do that, but it is what it is.  Anyways, Fatalis any tips for MW shortcut? I can't seem to land up in the last cliff edge before you do the bomb boosts to the exit.  I can only do it the ball boost way and I can get 42 seconds with that.  I've tried doing it from above the grapple point but I always seem to fail.  I do the jump from the spear to the cliff edge, and then when i land i do the jump up but just fall through the level on that jump and am not able to do that 2nd jump up to the other edge.  Not sure what i'm doing wrong
Edit history:
Fatalis: 2014-02-16 01:53:30 pm
Fatalis: 2014-02-15 06:36:34 pm
Fatalis: 2014-02-15 06:34:13 pm
Fatalis: 2014-02-15 06:33:35 pm
Fatalis: 2014-02-15 06:31:54 pm
Fatalis: 2014-02-15 06:23:07 pm
Fatalis: 2014-02-15 06:21:28 pm
Quote from BAR JAKE:
I would actually prefer if you couldn't do that, but it is what it is.

Could always just compete against the gdoc leaderboard instead of the in-game one. I don't see this happening though, unless the community gets bigger (sadly it won't). You should PM me your times so I can add them by the way.

Quote from BAR JAKE:
Anyways, Fatalis any tips for MW shortcut?

It's just odd invisible geometry you have to learn after a lot of attempts. Try jumping up once before attempting the difficult one. If you look at my video, you'll see me doing it.

Unrelated: The SDA submission has been in queue for over 3 months. It's as slow as everyone says. I'm going to get around to uploading all my ILs to YouTube sometime this week.

EDIT: Here they are.
co-op: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-vSljjhC4vtRccrwrw4XDoAXOLJJCXLY
SP: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-vSljjhC4vuSOkkppeu5a9XWY82DltOl
I'm glad I found this thread. I started learning this game a couple of weeks ago and while my times aren't exactly amazing yet I've gotten some alright level times so far. Still inconsistent on some tricks and skips but I've been having a lot of fun with it. My friend Tyekai and I are planning on running co-op for it (we've done some basic runs of the first few levels) but I just wanted to stop and say hi. [We play on Xbox 360]
Edit history:
Fatalis: 2014-02-18 02:13:49 pm
Fatalis: 2014-02-18 02:11:57 pm
Fatalis: 2014-02-18 01:14:31 pm
New glitch.

1. Stand in the center of FG/SP gate.
2. Roll directly upwards, jump, and use your rope shot.

Saves around 10 seconds on FG and 6 on SP.

EDIT: Rolling isn't required but it makes it easier it seems. Keyboard has advantage here since it always goes perfectly up. I'm still using controller though and getting it more than 50% of the time.
DS Dictator
Just got the controller out, tried it on PC. Got it to work after a few minutes
*bangs head on desk for quite some time*

Hilarious glitch.
Just got a 1:03.454 on FG and 0:48.687 on SP with the new clip. Mindblowing
Edit history:
Fatalis: 2014-02-19 12:40:33 pm
Fatalis: 2014-02-19 12:29:52 pm
Fatalis: 2014-02-19 12:29:35 pm
Fatalis: 2014-02-19 12:28:50 pm
Fatalis: 2014-02-19 12:28:31 pm
Added my 0:59.614 FG and 0:45.544 SP videos to the gdoc leaderboards. 58 and 44 are possible if you grind out insane RNG and execute perfectly with zero jumps (good luck). https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArQT7WMbaYPWdHFXNXY3MnZGUy1RYlY1SWRMd3lXMEE#gid=0
Edit history:
brassmaster: 2014-02-20 06:36:12 pm
brassmaster: 2014-02-20 06:15:45 pm
brassmaster: 2014-02-20 06:07:10 pm
brassmaster: 2014-02-20 12:44:23 pm
oh!!! I'm liking what I see. will check this out probably tomorrow evening.  cool stuff Smiley

FG I got a 59, 1 frame off of a 58 (59.002)
and SP I got a 46.698

both of these I can definitely improve upon.  also, the best part. i did NOT segment those times Smiley

EDIT: 57.886 on FG!! okay, onto SP
SP 45.635 - i dont think 44 is possible, at least not on xbox.  I can get another .1 off, but not more then that as far as I can see
Edit history:
Fatalis: 2014-02-20 07:25:03 pm
Fatalis: 2014-02-20 07:22:31 pm
Fatalis: 2014-02-20 07:21:44 pm
I guess there are version differences that affect FG. I'm really struggling to get a 58. Rolling straight up the -entire time- and zero jumps. Having almost every ball fall on me so the floor doesn't break (RNG hell). PB is 59.285 now and I think 58 is just barely possible on PC. We should do a side-by-side to see what's going on.
maybe idk, my new records are segmented though. FG in 4, and SP in 2 (although doing any segmentation in SP costs about .1 seconds per segment because of where they place you)
Oh, nevermind then. I'll still shoot for 58 on PC but it's probably going to be the hardest IL I've done yet.
I just finished submitting all of the 360 times on the leaderboards. I omitted times that blatantly wrong and for people who I can't really tell for sure if they got their times legitimately (maybe other people have a better idea). I included Du7s on the basis that he played through Co-op with BAR JAKE.

For BAR JAKE/Du7s' co-op times, I have no idea if they're segmented or not, so until that's known I guess the times don't have to be added. I did submit them, however, just in case.
Thanks, updated. I put all of the ones you were unsure of under segmented for now. If corrections need to be made, they can add it to the submissions tab. As far as I know, you can't segment co-op so I put all of those under SS IL.
yeah, i dont know of anyone segmenting co op.  but a note on that as well.  even though its all segmented and I'm pretty sure time is saved because of doing it (maybe I'll edit my 2:22 ToL vid to verify), there are still differences.  Fatalis watched me run live what looked like a perfect JoD, and got a time of 1:23. yet when I segmented it, and it looked the same, I got a 1:19.  I'm wondering if there is a timing difference from the frame rate or something.  There's also a few updated times not present on the leaderboard for Xbox:

TG: #1 - BAR JAKE 48.751, #2 Brassmaster 49.021, #3 Du7s 53.121
FG: #3 ChaosInfernal11 1:02.424
Mirror's Wake - I did mine in one segment since there are no checkpoints with that route, I'm assuming the same for BAR JAKE
Total combined: #1 Brassmaster 21:27.453
Edit history:
Fatalis: 2014-02-23 11:18:15 am
Fatalis: 2014-02-23 10:49:23 am
Fatalis: 2014-02-22 10:05:38 am

Can be done without the explosives too, but harder.

EDIT: 40.459 video added to gdoc leaderboard.
^^Yes, MW was in one segment, like you said no checkpoints.

Just did toxic swamp segmented and that made a huge difference in time, cutting it down to 308.79.  Also Du7s and I were able to get 23.107 seconds multiplayer on Temple grounds by somehow being able to move during the cut scene.  Not sure how it happened, as we couldn't replicate it.

Finished flooded passage and dropped it 15 seconds doing it segmented to get 151.045 as well.

Another nice strat Fatalis! 

On a side note,  Can anyone get the grapple gate glitch to work in other levels?  I tried it in a couple other ones, but to no avail.