Sad
<- 1  -   of 130 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Graphics Artist
Hey guys just thought I'd drop in and say hello. I'm new to speed running and to the speed running community. I'm currently just playing N64 and SNES casually but I would love to get into speed running. I actually just picked up the IO DATA USB-GV2 capture card so that I could start live streaming my gameplay.
Hello I'm not very good at talking.. But I have had an interest in speed running for a loooong time just never pursued it. I recently just tried timing a run on a game that I haven't seen many people run and I was quite happy with the time. I have a lot to learn sure, and I need to save up so I am able to record and upload it. I want to learn and have a fun experience and meet people along the journey. People with the same interest, and maybe make an impact if enough practice later. Anyways.. Thanks for the oppurtunity. And all the current runners that encouraged me to try this. Let's have fun and good luck.
Hello everyone, i'm the Imperial ruler of the realm of deliciousness and I have watched for quite some time on these speedruns (About maybe 2 years? Started with Cosmo's Windwaker run) and I have decided to join in the festivities myself. I'm rather new to all this, so any help would be appreciated, as for the game I plan to run, i'm looking oddly enough into Heroes of Might and Magic 5, because i've loved the Homm series, and personally enjoy 5 quite a bit. Actually messed around with the first campaign on easy and got like 23 minutes or so (No proof so take what you will.) But yeah.  Nice to meet everyone.
Hey all!
My name is Aria. I used to speedrun portal (not very well) but stopped due to my inability to ABH.

I figured i'd try it again maybe on super mario world or other games! ^-^

Hello :3

My videos:
Whats up, Name's Gabe.

Got in to speed runs after watching GDQ and SethBling.

It was playing Donkey Kong Country Returns And The Second I figuring out I could skip partitions of boss battles was when It clicked.

I've just started so I'm not very good. But hey that's why i'm here. Smiley

Just Happy to be a part of the community.  thumbsup
Hi everyone!

Let me introduce myself. I'm KenzoKunn (Kenzo for short) and I've been following the speedrun comunity for quite some time now. After spending the past year watching you guys do an excellent job and events such as AGDQ and SGDQ I've decided it's time I get my butt into gear and do some speed running myself.

I'm looking at running Diablo 2 as my first game however I've also thought about doing Crash Bandicoot 1 or Spyro year of the dragon but I have no idea where to start. I hope you guys can help point me in the right direction.

Go fast and don't RIP
LennyPls
Hi, I'm Andy, but most people know me as Kythol. I'm from the state of Virginia and currently attend James Madison University.

I've had an account here for a little bit, but never bothered to use it. I found out about speedrunning when AGDQ 2014 came around and Jak and Daxter was being run. Since then, the main game I've learned is Ty the Tasmanian Tiger any%. I currently hold one of two sub-1 hour times (59:38) and am 34 seconds behind world record (59:04).
Bolbi slap slap slap
I started watching speed runs with games done quick a few months ago. I love skyward sword and want to speed run it competitively in English.
I'm Quinton, but most folks call me UQ or one of several other names. Anyway, I've been a fan of running for a while, even had an account here before but it must've been removed (but that's fine. really.) I don't really have the ability to stream but I do plan to at least get started in running a few games I own to see what I can do with them. I like exploring new grounds so expect anything I post  related to running to be stuff that doesn't even have a time yet.
I am jafem but my real name is Jimmy Widlund and I am a swedish Speedrunner and graphic designer. I started speedrunning about a half year ago and I mainly play Mega Man X but I also play Portal and Metal Gear Solid Rising. I joined SDA forums because I basically want to enter the big community aswell as learn new tricks and find new friends aswell.
Hey everybody!

I'm Andy,  thirty five year old video game enthusiast from the Great White North.  I grew up north of Toronto, but Ottawa is where I call home.  I have been watching speedruns and GDQs since 2012 and have been amazed at the talent you all have! 

I enjoy playing videogames, but I wouldn't really ever call myself a speedrunner.  In fact, I'm pretty terrible at video games.  I will complete them, but the time to complete them is always some god awful time haha. 

My favorite video game series would have to be the Final Fantasy series.  I enjoy the whole series and have been replaying them along with Kingdom hearts.  I caught the Final Fantasy relay stream this year and was amazed that the relay teams could beat 13 FF games faster than I can beat FF6.

I work for an IT company based out of Canada that has been bought by Solarwinds.  It was working overnight providing support for our Australian clients that I started actually watching a lot of the replays of AGDQs.  I believe the first one i watched was the FF9 run with the acting at the start.  Since watching that, I was hooked and pretty much power watched 4 gdq replays in like a month (it's pretty slow with overnight support).  I then found out about twitch and started watch players like SpikeVegeta, Brossentia, Puwexil, Trihex, CalebHeart, Vulajin, Andy, BigJon and many many more.  I've also was able to help out a bit with RPGLimitBreak by being a mod for some of the chat of that event.

Outside of gaming, I like trying to be a bit healthy (working out, running softball) and listen to any and every different kind of music.

This January, I'll be able to actually attend a GDQ event and I'm rather excited about it!  Hopefully will be able to meet a bunch of friendly awesome folks and hopefully learn more about the different game communities and ideally become a part of them!

Andy
I'm Mason but I go by masonraus most commonly online and I am from southern California and currently at Uni in the Portland, OR area. I got into speedrunning SM64 with a buddy but he has gotten busy with his own endeavors which has left me alone in my pursuits and searching for someone else to race against/push me.

Recently I have gotten burned out on SM64 and have yet to find another game with a route I enjoy however, I like challenges and learning new games in a rather short period of time - focusing more on the big picture and less on perfect execution - so something like SRL's seasons would be exactly what I am looking for. However, that system seems to be unchanging beyond the current season, so getting a group of people on skype or discord and having our own "Seasons."

If anyone would be interested, PM me! I'd love to meet some more runners and be challenged to get better at both learning and running games!
Hi

I thought I already subscribed here but apparently not. I live in France and I'm a great fan of arcade games, and more particularly Wonder Boy games and Daytona USA. I'm the author of one of the videos of SDA, Wonder Boy in Monsterland speedrun (under my former nickname : mpatard). I beat this speedrun 2 years ago but I didn't submitted the new video at that time. Now it's time to do it ^^
Ladies and Gentlemen - I'm a huge game fan that was introduced to this by getting hooked on AGDQ. I missed the first few, but have run through the youtube archives, and that is what I use to unwind after my work as tech support. I'm starting to tease my way through the original Pokemon games to try to work my time down a bit, but I'm in no way competitive with that yet, as I have two kids that aren't yet old enough to enjoy gaming in the same fashion that I am coming to enjoy them. In addition to being an armchair enthusiast of speedrunning, I also run and play tabletop RPGs. I live in the Maryland/DC area, and plan to attend AGDQ for as long as it is hosted in the general area, and am going to be taking off work to volunteer for the entire week, or as much of it as the mods will have me for.
If anyone can point me in a decent direction to get my feet wet in somewhat competitive speedrunning, I would enjoy that as well.
I'm Rediren or as most people call me Red, i am from Australia.

My goal is to get a decent time if the original half life however if it is an fps i'll try it.
Currently Running: Joe & Mac (SNES)
Howdy, y'all. The name is Boss Hogue (work nick-name that stuck...Hogue is my last name).

I've always been curious about speedrunning ever since I discovered one of TSA's Zelda runs (LttP maybe?) on here ages ago. I only just decided to set my footprint onto the scene.

The first game I'm running is Joe & Mac (SNES) - and actually, I've already beaten the current time! I just have to work on getting registered here and then getting a recording...

...I can't wait to get it posted and then find the next game to tackle!
Anime is not real.
Hey guys, I've been here for a few days but thought I'd introduce myself now since I haven't yet...

I'm TGH, formerly TheGuitahHeroe.  Just got into speedrunning maybe two months ago, started with Pokemon Gen 1 runs and got tired of the RNG involved, so recently I've been running Undertale (True Pacifist).  I may get into running new games in the future.

Looking forward to everything the site has to offer, and maybe even contributing if I can! Smiley
ummmm hi I don't speedrun all that much (most of my time is put towards work / game design / watching people speedrun) but I am slowly trying to learn nsmbu so I thought I'd make an account & chat when I can Smiley
Howdy everybody. I've been taking a back seat to speed running (I mean just watching :p) over the past three or four years but finally decided I will try and give it a go myself. I absolutely love the community as it is filled with very friendly, down to earth people which I never thought I would say after my past experiences with League of Legends and CoD xD.
I'm a huge fan of retro gaming and currently in the process of developing a 2D platformer with a 3D twist in the unreal engine.
Hoping I get time to speak with you all at some point and would appreciate any advice/constructive criticism about getting into speed running.
I'm Mike, I fell in love with speed runs after discovering *GDQ clips on youtube.  I'd love to make an event some day but for now i'll settle with taking time off from work to enjoy the runs. 

Work as a software engineer in the east bay of california!
Good day.

I am Stuppp. I have been learning speedrun tactics for different games for a while but never actually completed a full run to be submited yet(although not for a lack of trying).
I have so far been practicing Ocarina of time, Sengoku Basara 3(yes really!), Final fantasy 12 and crypt of the necrodancer but due to time restraints i have been unable to get a good run in either.

As for what i plan on doing forward, me and my friend are trying to build a Sengoku Basara 3 co-op run. We are looking into how to do it and will be posting a thread where it can be discussed soon.
Edit history:
1HunnidEmoji: 2015-12-07 11:04:22 pm
Keaton Kid
Hello, the picture is me yes and I love being called keaton kid as a joke, but I'm no Zelda runner.  No, my taste is Indigo Prophecy.  I've been digging desperately for information left and right on the game.  I've personally written out a rough copy of about 40% of the game.  By that I mean it's a "rough draft", missing a lot of what I have mentally memorized by now. However, I want to do insane heavy optimization with the dialogue options, I have a lot figured out (I believe) with how low I can make the mood go and get away with it.  My only full test run I've ever done clocked in around 3:45:xx in game timer (i don't have the exact) I've put a bit of time into practicing it, not as much as most speedrunners in games however.

If anyone has interest, knowledge, info, or wants some, I would love to talk, and will gladly share.  And perhaps I'll be around here more often.

To clarify, I typically ran it on the 360 virtual console version of the xbox original port, which is something I personally do not have a problem with, however I'm going to attempt learning the game on the pc to see if there's any major differences, or if it is actually faster or not.  A lot of ramble, but a lot of me.
I'm just having fawn
Hey all,
My name's Andrew (aka TheDeerLord), and I've finally decided to step into the ring after watching tons of GDQ runs and snomaN Gaming's vids about getting into speedrunning.
I've decided to start with Bastion NG Any% because it's short and sweet, but I might dabble in all kinds of games; probably mostly PC, but who knows?
If anyone wants to suggest speed games that aren't too long or super-technical for me to try, I'm totally open to suggestions! For now, though, I'm just gonna focus on Bastion and watching AGDQ 2016!
Hey Everyone,
Names Juan,  or InfectiousCodex I want to start by saying that I love Speed runs and I wanna be able to play and run with everyone, get knowledge and be able to play and wreck the games i loved as a kid/teen.
I draw, am a little bit of a artist and i am able to stream a lot for friends who always want to see me play games. My commentary is flavorful and always full of the most up to date talk.  I also play SSBM at a decent competitive level.

Hopefully i can find people who will help me out to Run Ape Escape.
Hullo, I go by Gelly, itsmanofpopsicle, whatever moniker people choose to call me :P. I just got into speedrunning about two months ago and began a month ago with a game I've been playing half my life, Myst. Once I push the limits of how fast I can get that game to go, I'll probably end up spreading out to other games in the Myst series, other Cyan games, and then whatever seems fanciable, probably more point-and-click games. Nice to see you all!