Smiley
Sad
<- 1  -   of 130 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Sad ... I don't want to be impatient, but does anyone have any suggestions for me?

I am slowbro, member approximately from 2006-2010, and I am looking for help regaining access to my forum account.  There are more details in the quote below.

Is there a specific mod I should PM?

I would much rather use my old acount rather than continue with this one (even if I change its name, lol),

If anyone can help ... Thanks!!

Quote from lookingforforumhelp:
I don't best know how to do this ... my current username says it all ...

I am slowbro aka Tom Batchelor, I haven't posted at SDA for a long time, my password has been changed (by me, a few years ago), and I long since lost access to my @yahoo.com e-mail account(s).

Could anyone help me regain access to my old forum account?  My current e-mail account is the one I used to register for this hopefully temporary username.

Thank you!!  I am no longer attempting to speedrun but I'd love to be able to post at SDA forum a bit again.

edit: In case there was any confusion, I'm looking to re-access my old SDA forum account, not my old e-mail accounts.  Lol!

edit: Might as well introduce myself a bit Cheesy ... Hi, I'm supposed to be slowbro and I am a katamari nut, though these days I'm playing completely non-competitive iOS games like Simpsons Tapped Out.  In the past I got a few runs on SDA.  I love cats!!
Batteries Not Included
Hey all,

New here, got interested in speedrunning via GDQ events. I'm not super interested in actually running myself (though I am very interested in routing work.)

I'm largely interested in RPGs though I find most genres interesting from a speedrunning context.

I work in cybersecurity for the US Army, and love figuring out how things work and then how to take advantage of that to optimize things (hence my interest in speedrunning.) I look forward to contributing what I can.
Professional Second Banana
Quote from lookingforforumhelp:
I don't best know how to do this ... my current username says it all ...

I am slowbro aka Tom Batchelor, I haven't posted at SDA for a long time, my password has been changed (by me, a few years ago), and I long since lost access to my @yahoo.com e-mail account(s).

Could anyone help me regain access to my old forum account?  My current e-mail account is the one I used to register for this hopefully temporary username.

Thank you!!  I am no longer attempting to speedrun but I'd love to be able to post at SDA forum a bit again.

edit: In case there was any confusion, I'm looking to re-access my old SDA forum account, not my old e-mail accounts.  Lol!

edit: Might as well introduce myself a bit Cheesy ... Hi, I'm supposed to be slowbro and I am a katamari nut, though these days I'm playing completely non-competitive iOS games like Simpsons Tapped Out.  In the past I got a few runs on SDA.  I love cats!!

I changed the e-mail address on your 'slowbro' account to your new one - go ahead and use the password self-reset tool to regain access.
Thanks puwexil!!! Smiley
Again thanks for the help. Smiley

I am a katamari nut who had a few runs up here in the past; there may be ones that are still here.  I am playing stuff like city-building games on iOS these days.

Lol, I was trying to think of ways to prove I was really me should the need arise. Smiley  I could've mentioned the time mikwuyma invited me to run Katamari Damacy at a marathon.  If I had done it, my run would've sucked badly compared to the one someone more recently did run at a marathon! Smiley
I've gotten interested in speed running from the recent SGDQ. I'm slightly interested in doing some actual running myself, but I really want to help other people with their stuff as well. I have a lot of games I would be interested to see speedrun (the biggest being Persona 2: Eternal Punishment), and I'm definitely excited to get started.
Edit history:
SandKnight: 2015-08-15 07:23:20 pm
Hi ! ^^

Name's SandKnight and I'm new to the SR comunity even tough I've been watching a lot of run in the lasts few years. SGDQ 2015 gave me the will to break the last wall between me and Speedrunning and so here I am (Goodjob guys for SGDQ 2015. 1.250 millions ? yeah thats a lot of money ^^)

So that pretty much sums it up. I'll be working on a game soon. but I have things to setup first. so it may be a while before you see of me. but I hope you'll be there to encourage me ^^

I tought it would still be a good Idea to present myself upon creation of my account here. I really like watching you guys run. See you soon ^^
Hello all! I've been interested in speedrunning for a while but it took some time to decide on the game for me. I've started learning Tomb Raider (2013) now though and am having a blast!
Heyo! I'm *OuTbREaK*, and I've been interested in speedrunning for quite a while. However, I've only just recently started actually running any games. Right now, I'm planning a run of Call of Duty 2 for the PC. It's a great game and one that is almost impossible to find videos of runs for, so I'm hoping to make it a bit more notable.
Hello i am X4dr14nx on twitch and i have been speedrunning mega man games on twitch since december 2014 some games i speed run X2, mega man 10 and mega man x4 come say hi
Hello!

I just started watching GDQ's while at work and thought they were cool and interesting, but what made me want to make an account is that I recently had a glitch occur in a game I'm playing that I thought could be useful for speedruns, or someone here knows about and could explain to me what happened and how I can avoid it.

I'm tempted to try speedrunning something someday but I don't think I have the time or patience right now. But my games of choice would be Psychonauts, DKC3 and Wild Guns. I live in Melbourne, Australia and I've heard nothing but good things about this community. Nice to meet you guys ^_^
Welcome to Deenatary
Hey everyone. I'm Devv13. I stream on twitch, but i started the speedrunning community for Dungeon of the Endless. Currently own the WR and I'm looking for competitive runners to help drive that WR down!
Howdy!  I've been watching speedruns since AGDQ 2014 and only now just started trying to run things myself, starting with Earthbound.

That's about it.  Hello!  How are you?  (I'm bad at conversation.)
Chris here. I stream at http://twitch.tv/cacciatc. Streams are usually NES game development, or casual runs of FF6 or Ogre Battle.

I am a software engineer located in CA.
Hey everyone, FrankJones here.  I'm a fan of the older Nintendo consoles.  I discovered the existence of speedrunning only recently while browsing youtube, where I stumbled on the AGDQ charity events.  Those videos then led me to this site.  I am impressed an d fascinated by the accomplishments of the members of this site, especially for those "impossible" games that drove me crazy back in the day (Battletoads, Ninja Gaiden, etc.)

The Super Metroid runs are especially entertaining, since that game is awesome to begin with and the dozens of different speed tricks make it all the more so. 

All my favorite games seem to be pretty much solved, with times I could never possibly approach.  For what it's worth though, I seem to be pretty good at speedrunning the NES Defender of the Crown.  I have also been discussing a Simcity SNES 800k speedrun with another Simcity enthusiast. 
Hello everyone! Most know me as Affyre but since no one knows how to pronounce it I changed my gamer tag to MissSleepyLion! I've only discovered speed running through AGDQ a few weeks ago and I decided I would love to give it a shot myself! Technically I've been speed running games for a while, I just didn't know it was a thing. XDDDD

I'm planning on speed running Okami HD but damn those KTs! They are the bane of my existence!

I am so proud to call myself a gamer when I know event like AGDQ and SGDQ happen. Keep up the good work guys!
www.poe-currency.com
Hello everyone, I’m just new here. Games always a part of myself and i quite enjoy it(no matter it’s a PC game or a video game). When i was a child, my first favourite game is Metal Slug, and then i fall into love with them, like Road Rush, FF7 ,etc. Recently I’m playing L4D2,MC and POE.
He guys,

My name is Tinnue. I'm from germany, so sorry if my english is bad sometimes, trying to improve here. When I was 6 or so my dad had a SNES with several games. One of them was Super Castlevania IV. I loved the game when I was a kid, but for the last years I was bussy with other games and stuff. March this year I started watching CV4 runs on Twitch, most likely the top 4 runners on the actual list. At the beginning I was to shy to speak with others in chat because my english was too bad. I started talking to people and watching a lot more runs.
And than it happend. Suddenly I was totally infected with that game again. I did a Lets Play few month ago. When I look at it now I am like "What did you do? Why are you so scared?"  I'm getting better and better. But speedrunning a game is totally different and I can hardly imagine I can archieve this goal within a few month. But the wish is there ... I wanna try it. Maybe one day a sub 40 deathless run or so.

I live with two cats. Sometimes they get interested when I play and start fighting with my controller.
HELLO TO EVERYONE! I am OmegaZophar and let me say what an honor it is to finally be here. It took me long enough to make an account and now that im here im not going anywhere. Ive been watching speedruns since 2010, i just never got into doing it myself. now that i have all the time in the world im going to start focusing all of my gaming on speedrunning. I hope to one day be at the gdq,s sitting on the couch with fellow speedrunners. Nothing makes me feel more at home than here and i dont even know anyone yet thats how great this community is. I look forward to interacting with all of you and meeting new people, and thank you all for how wonderful and warming the speedrunning community is lets keep this community going for years to come.
Hello! I go by "emilun" on Twitch, but haven't streamed anything yet. I stumbled across AGDQ2013 on YouTube just a few weeks before AGDQ2014 and have been hooked on speedruns since. Being a fan of the Metroid games I lurked around KirbyMastah's stream for a bit while procrastinating my master's thesis, and produced a Zero Mission any% PB of about 34 minutes I think, but I haven't found the time to practice for the last year and a half. About a week ago I picked up Mark of the Ninja and soon realised I need to speedrun this game, so I intend to start working on that soon. I look forward to getting into the speedrunning community!
Names paul
I just registered today. I live on the east coast of USA. Games are awesome. Sports are awesome.
Love watching speed runs. I'm looking to best the world record pokemon puzzle league speed run time on S-HARD.
Hi I'm Cody, I just joined SDA today, but have been creeping on here for about a year. I thought I already had an account but I didn't, but now I do! I am from Illinois and tend to speedrun Yoshi's Island any% and 100% and Mega Man X any% and 100%. It feels good to officially be a part of the community!
Hey! My name is Chris Brown but I go by brownsugarcrb. I'm very new to speed running, but i have done a bit of Super Mario World (my any% PB is 12:10) and I'm about to try running Amnesia The Dark Descent. I stream on twith at twitch.tv/brownsugarcrb if anyone wants to stop by Smiley
Edit history:
brackynews: 2015-09-19 03:26:41 am
brackynews: 2015-09-19 03:26:12 am
Hi, call me Bracky and today is my first visit to the SDA forums. I'm a middle aged Canadian and I started being interested in speedruns a few years ago.  I can probably chart my spectator progression since 2008 roughly like this... (with liberal application of Marios, the one true yardstick):

Automatic Mario > Cat Mario > random Let's Plays* > charity marathons > Justin.tv Mario 64 speedruns > AGDQ, TASArchive, etc.
I've done Child's Play marathons twice, and now I'm ready to give casual running and TAS a try.

(*authentic pre-Youtube Let's Plays on Something Awful, as days and days of screenshots, and interactive. I still don't like to call "I'm recording" a Let's Play if there is no audience interaction.)
While new to actually creating a forum account, I've been stalking SDA and speedrunning for some time now. Despite my long time interest in speedrunning, I never really had the drive to get started. Although after both the FF relay a few weeks ago, and the epic mysidia mayhem tournament that just ended, I've had my interest piqued in old school SNES FF running. Thinking about entering the Kefka @ Narshe tournament, assuming I get the run down before then. We'll see. Would be a great first foray into the community, even if it ends in the group stage.

MrPzak on twitch, where for the near future I'll be practicing FF6, slowly getting more comfortable with a totally new way of playing a game I love.