List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
qITIp: 2015-02-16 01:13:31 pm
qITIp: 2015-02-16 01:13:00 pm
Name: Chris
Game:  Path of Exile (for now)
Through college I played way too many games. WoW, borderlands 1 and 2, LoL, Witcher, PoE, FF0-all, and  so on. Mainly PC and emulators.
I found i loved the community and i would like to apply my college background in health, nutrition, and business to the growth of genre
Maybe even growing the concept of nutrition and gaming into an applicable job.

Is there a misc forum to apply what i know? Sad
Yo.

I've been a fan of speedrunning for a long time but haven't done it myself really yet. Just going to try to do it myself now.
Watched A/SGDQ since 2012, and often leave up the stream of people running games live as background noise while I work.

I've heard the odd person talk about Drill Dozer, and I think Tompa did a TAS of it, but I've come to run it single-segment.
After that, I may fall back into obscurity and continue with my life, but for now, this is my mission.

If anyone else wants to run it / race it, send me a message!
Meow-arow Turtles!
Hi!
I am MewMeow!
I like gaming, so I joined here!
Edit history:
welcotar: 2015-02-22 08:59:59 am
Hi! My name is welcotar, and I am a lurker.

I'm mostly into 8-bit games, but one day, I may make the leap to 16. The other day, I got a bag of resistors and stuff to AV mod my famicom. Sadly I haven't yet gotten the famicom. If anyone needs a spare resistor, let me know.
Yo the name is putz12. I go by a lot of names but I stream on twitch. Been doing speed runs of various games so figured id make an account and see if my times can be accepted as official.
Hi I am Blankman06.  My first exposure to speedrunning was watching AGDQ in 2013.  Now, a few years later, I've decided to try and give speedrunning a try (with what little free time my schedule allows me).  I've begun speedrunning Binding of Isaac Rebirth and plan on trying my hands at other games soon enough.
Edit history:
ActionJonston: 2015-02-23 10:24:39 pm
Hello, my name is William. I am British. I'm not very good at choosing a good username and, as you can see, I have continued this tradition exactly. The name dubiously honours my own surname and Action Bronson, the famous chef and "hippity-hoppity man" - as we Brits don't call them, no matter how close to Stephen Fry we're imagined to be.

I've been watching speedrunning on YouTube and Twitch for nigh on three years, perhaps. So I thought it was high time I joined in (lucky you). I consider myself as someone who's inept at a few many things, and setting up a stream is no exception to the rule. Once I've grasped it, however, whenever that day comes, I think I'll be streaming Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, or any game I naively believe to be free from too much nimble 'trickery'.
Hi there,

I go by BunnyHood for reasons that will be apparent to many of you. I've been playing games as long as I can remember but only recently started delving into speedrunning.

I'd be interested in trying to bomb through a classic like Operation C for the original Game Boy or maybe a flash/indie title as my first attempt but I'm mostly just here to chat and be part of the community.
Hello, my name's Antoine, but due to name restriction in LoZ-Oracle of Seasons/Ages, I had to cut off my name, thus making Anton.

I've always been playing video games because of good gameplay mechanisms.

Favourite genre : Platforming
Second favourite genre : RPG with real time battle (in the likes of Tales of, Star Ocean, etc...)
All time favourite game : SMW (first played on GBA)
All time favourite game (outside platformers) : Tales of Eternia

Positive aspect : fond of programing, hunter of glitches and exploits in every game I play.
Negative aspect : Left thumb got deteriorated too much. I can't enjoy playing with a gamepad anymore, thus always choosing for a keyboard.

I hesitated because of my low skills in speedrunning, but on the other hand, i can't wait to discover and share the insides of the games that are enjoyable to play.
Hello,

I'm Zauku

I'm only interested in running super ghouls n ghost at the moment. 
Resident Evil 2 Junky.
Hello from Greece !!!  My nick is guitarjunky , and my real name is Spyros.. yes... like the dragon. Anyway , i signed up to SDA because for a year and a half i've been speedrunning Resident Evil 2 for PC. Less than a month ago i broke the world record for
LEON A with an amazing time and im just starting to understand how the website works... I would really really love people to watch this world record because it's my effort and my work in this run. It's really worth a shot you won't regret it people... Leon A
Real name yuyu, been at SDA for far too little time, though I've lurked for a while before I actually felt ready to start running something. I'm a art student with a passion for just about anything to do with movies, music, computers, or video games, especially speedrunning and completionism for video games. As for the type of games I like, I'm into just about everything, old and new (barring sports games). 2015, my goal is to run as many games of as many types as I can and to do each one damn well.
Howdy everyone. I'm OWA or OneWingedA if you like to punish yourself by typing more than three letters. I'm not really a runner as much as a guy who tried to mimic existing speed tech for the past year or so now. I only joined recently because I wanted to try something new instead of just trying to copy the best and I'm hoping to learn with the best on games that are just coming out instead of trying to beat the best on the games from my childhood.

Goal of the year is to learn to run new games for the sake of learning and perfecting gameplay and I hope you guys and gals will be there to help me learn all I can!
Hello, I'm Reemie.

I am currently interested in speed running multiple games. Most interested in Shadows of the Damned.
Pikmin in 7 DAYZ
Hey, I'm Kyle!
I speedrun Pikmin, Kirby's Dream Land, and Super Mario 64.
I am also interested in running the other two Pikmin Games as well as Paper Mario TTYD and maybe Luigi's Mansion.
Let me know if anyone wants to race me in Pikmin or wants to learn the game.
I'm Aithere and I speedrun Star Ocean 3.
Hi,

Been a fan of speedruns for a very long time (first saw Quake done Quick when it was released on a magazine disc I think) but for some reason never really tried it myself (well, there were some bad attempts at Quake...)

Then lately discovered AGDQ, unfortunately too late to watch the event live, but after getting hooked on watching hours and hours of runs it was really clear I needed to have a go at Something myself Wink

Right now working on the first Dizzy game on the ZX Spectrum from 1987, one of the first game series I ever got really hooked on, and it's turning out pretty fun for speedrunning, strange getting so much new life out of a game from nearly 30 years ago Smiley

Will be streaming some practise runs after work if anyone wants to see the awesome bugs I am discovering in this game: twitch.tv/chucksellick
Hey, I'm Edward,
I've been watching speedruns on and off since 2011 and started speedrunning myself last April, when I first discovered the speedrun of one of my favorite games, Amnesia: The Dark Descent. So i've been running that since then and also tried out a few other games aswell, but still running Amnesia as my main game.
Hey everyone,

I'm Nick or Phantasm. Whatever you prefer. I've recently decided to learn how to speedrun since I've been watching runs for about 3 years and it seems fun. I plan on running Transistor, Sonic Adventure 2, Resident Evil titles, Tomb Raider (2013), and maybe Sonic 1-3.
Hello all.
I am Bobby or Zarkir. I decided to pick up speed running after watching a lot of runners on twitch and decided I wanted to start speed running, and why not start with a remake of one of my favorite games, Resident Evil HD Remaster. I also plan to start running the later MMX games at some point.
Hi Everybody!

I'm AzureXKY aka Josh and have recently gotten into speedrunning myself. Currently working in IT and playing video games has always been my main hobby (that and TCGs... Yep looking at you MTG) and a few weeks ago started watching through AGDQ and SGDQs from the past year and it got me really motivated to try it out.

Currently working on running Final Fantasy X as a starting point ( I picked possibly the longest game I could, but it's my all time favorite game so it's the best place to start IMO ) and will probably move on to the likes of Legend of Zelda games but for now just sticking with the one game.

Smiley
Hello everyone. 
Got into speed running after I was cruising youtube and coming across Awesome Games Done Quick. I started watching one then 2 then 3 videos and many more.  I wanted to become part of this community and have fun speed running.  The game I am working on right now is Resident Evil HD remake for the PS4.  I like to stream on Twitch a lot when I am trying to better my times or just to have fun.thumbsup  If you want to watch me stream I can be found here twitch.tv/ghazz87  I don't talk much unless I have people talking to me so don't be shy to comment if you are watching.
Hi SDA!

I fell in love with SDA when I watched a Legend of Zelda race between jprophet22 & Breakdown a few years ago.  Back in 2002 or something I'd made my own 'casual speedrun,' where I beat the game in under an hour, but I took a route starting with level 2 then 1, so that I could pick up the white ring after level 1 and cruise the rest of the way. The best I got with that run was around 51.5 min I think.

When I popped in Zelda in 2011 to see if I could complete the sub-hour Zelda feat after taking almost a decade off, I decided to use this whole internet thing this time and see if there was anyone in the world like me who speed ran NES games, and that's when I met jproph and breakdown (and therefore darkwing duck i suppose), and so my love affair with SDA began.....

That very next weekend I began speed running some of my own NES games. In just a weekend I made a spreadsheet of all my NES speed run times; Marble Madness 3:01 , Super Mario Bros. - 7:01 (still pissed about not breaking 3-min & 7-min actually),  Mike Tyson's Punchout, - no deaths, Contra - beat it twice in row without dying (a feat I accomplished when I was about 7 years old I might add.....my mom wanted to have me tested), Mega Man 2 - no continue run, and of course good old gold Zelda.  Taking SDA's route I was able to get my time improved right away, but most of all my gameplay and game analysis improved drastically.  The way jprophet and breakdown and everyone in that room explained bomb drops, fighting strategy, etc. -- their insight sort of blew me away.

Anyhow, didn't mean to sound like too big of a superfan of anything.......I actually made a video last night I'd love to share with the site.  On my way home from a dinner party last night, I got the urge to play some Minesweeper, and I thought it'd be fun to try to beat every level in just one song.  I think you'll like the song I pulled out of my vinyl collection.  Here's the youtube link:

I hope you enjoy it.

Looking forward to chatting with y'all,

Max
hi again
so i'm usually decent with punctuation, but i just realized i made a pretty pathetic mistake, i missed the second 'm' in "maximusmac" when I set up my SDA account, can you have an admin change that or something, doesn't seem like i can on my end.

haha, thx

max
Hello everyone!

I'm Roy, I'm a dude who loves games done fast, and somehow I came upon trying to learn to do it myself! I run Mega Man Zero All Missions currently, and I want to eventually learn at least two others, one decently long (3 hours or so?), and one that's decently short(maybe full of glitches?), but I'll figure it out as it comes.

Looking forward to talking with you all,
Roy