Sad
<- 1  -   of 130 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Hi SDA,
a long-time fan here. Good work everyone!

If you are speedrunning any of the games that I have TASed, I may (or may not) be able to give some advice:

http://tasvideos.org/Movies-147up-205up-232up-311up-381up-417up-502up-515up-627up.html

I am also interested in any strange or funny things that you encounter while speedrunning any of these games.

The most efficient way to reach me is sending a PM at tasvideos.org.

Have a nice day.
Hey there everyone, my name is Nick but I go by Xenopon. Ive been running a lot of Portal and the like. Just wanted to shoutout a good hello and hoping to meet some fellow runners and make some friends
Dream Doctor
Hello, everyone, my name is Winter. I've been watching speedruns for a long time, but I've finally gathered the courage to tell you guys directly that what I think you're doing is rad, and I really enjoy watching games being broken down to a science.

Keep up the good work, and hopefully I can find a game to run with you guys Cheesy
Hey they everyone, I have been on this forum alot recently so i might as well formally introduce myself.  I am ryxil although my twitch is rampage051 and i run borderlands 2 efficiently and i am looking to run another game, but hey all.
I need another painkiller!
Sup everyone. Jack of Hearts here. Most people just call me JD though. New to speedrunning. Currently working on a run of Beyond Good and Evil. I also love running old Dos games such as Prince of Persia, Jill of the Jungle and Warcraft Orcs and Humans. Not great at platform games. Only Mario I ever completed was SM64...
The Doctor Is IN
Hello SDA. My name is Doctor Fox, I'm brand spanking new to speed running and basically know nothing about it! I would love it if someone could basically show me the ropes, and maybe even help me get into speed running. I've always been fascinated by it from events like AGDQ and SGDQ and would love to really get into it and get into the community.  One day I would like to learn to speedrun Borderlands 2 and would greatly appreciate any help I could get on the matter. Thank you very much and if you would like to contact me to possibly help me, email me at oliethemagicbum66@yahoo.com or YIM me at the same name, or i have skype at zylokun. Thanks much!
Hey SDA,

I started learning Super Mario World 96 exit / 100% on April 20th, 2014. Can't wait to see how far I get with this game. This community seems great! Hope to meet some cool speedrunners.
I AM ERROR.
Ahoy there friends, I'm Loki. ^_^

I recently started getting into speed running, though to be honest it's more practice and frustration than anything right now, but you gotta start somewhere, right? Cheesy My main focus right now is Zelda games, most specifically "A Link to the Past" as it is my favorite game... it just so happens to be a brutal game. :3 Of course, there are games far more difficult than LttP, but choosing a game so RNG dependent is quite the bite to chew. So, wish me luck everyone. ^_^

Right now, I'm currently working on getting the route down, and focusing on bosses. I'm using an emulator, so thanfully I can savestate before a boss fight, and run it over and over again, until I'm pleased with the time and outcome. I'm quite the rookie right now, but hope to be decent at it in the (hopefully near) future.

In any case, it's great to meet you all!! I'll be lurking. o.o;
-Loki
Hi there, have been watching speedrun videos for a while now and decided it was time to have a go myself. Unfortunately I'm currently restricted to emulators or my 3DS, so have begun working on a Super Mario 3D Land run.
Master of Mystery!
Hey guys, I'm new to SDA Forums.
A few months ago I started doing live streams, and Let's Plays. I'm really looking to get into speed running. Castlevania is my favorite video game series.
Guys like Romscout, Cosmo, and Funkdoc got me into speed running with their Castlevania runs. Last night I started playing Chronicles for the first time. Not only did I beat it but I can run the first half of the game in 15 minutes. Right now I'm just toying around with the game because, well...there isn't much about it on SDA. There is only one record run and it's single segments. All the segments were time attack. In time attack you start with full whip upgrade and any sub weapon you get comes with a Triple shot. So running Time attack and an actual full run are much different. I go to youtube and find only Segmented runs, and TAS runs. So, hopefully I'll get better. But I have a long way to go. I have a lot to learn Tongue but I''m hoping that the SDA community will be helpful. Also, I have my Twitch,Youtube and Facebook pages in my profile.
I guess this was a bit overkill for a simple introduction. But, it's 8am and I'm on no sleep. Which makes me Ramble apparently. :3
If nothing goes right, go left
Hey SDA!

I am Kay from Germany and really interested in Speedruns. I have already tried to speedrun games for my own or at Twitch for quite a while now and finally I had enough time to create my SDA forum account. There are lots of different games which I would like to Speedrun in the future. Currently I am working on SM64 DS, Portal 2 for Xbox360 and Kingdom Hearts 2.

Nice to meet you all, I am sure the time on SDA will be awesome! I will also try to help you guys as best as I can!
-Kayumon
Hey SDA

I'm very new to speed running and i'm not entirely sure where to start tbh. Looking forward to meeting everyone and hopefully integrating into the community.
Edit history:
turb0liam0: 2014-04-28 08:30:45 am
Yo, I just registered, my name is Liam, I'm 19, I live in Australia and I've always been a fan of speed running. Yet i never had the courage to do one cause i just feared it was way too hard, I have recently began practicing to do a Star Wars Jedi academy run, I've loved that game since i was a kid, So i figured why not. Hope to meet fellow speed runners on my journey. Thanks and I'm glad to be joining the community. Smiley

Oh and lastly, if anyone is interested in helping me with My Jedi academy running or is a fellow runner, you can add me on Skype. Liam09487
Master of Mystery!
So, I'm a total n00b when it comes to speed running and even forums.
I'm trying to put together a FF8 run but there are some rules I'm not clear of.
I want to run the steam version, and I want to know if the magic boost feature they added is allowed but I'm not really even sure where to begin. Can anyone direct me to where I might be able to get these kind of answers please. Smiley

Also, big thanks to the guys helping me put together my Castlevania Chronicles run.
The CV : C forums haven't been touched in Years. Even though there are no full runs of the game just single segments, the people have been very helpful even though there is no info on how to do that kind of run. Cheesy
Edit history:
Cursedgamer11: 2014-04-28 03:59:14 pm
Cursedgamer11: 2014-04-28 03:52:35 pm
Cursedgamer11: 2014-04-28 03:52:08 pm
Hello all! I am Cursedgamer11, but you guys can just call me Cursed. I got into speedrunning upon watching AGDQ when a friend showed me it. I am not cursed in real life, nor am I cursed by the RNG of the games I play. I am planning on running multiple games, like Luigi's Masion, Ocarnia of Time, Majora's Mask, Mario Sunshine, and some others. I hope to work with you guys in the future!
Master of Mystery!
Wow, you guys are awesome.
I was able to get all my questions answered. Thanks to all you guys who messaged me Cheesy
Hello everyone, I'm Zen or Zena or Zenavathar.  Smiley  Long time lurker of the speed running community, I have finally decided to pick up a game myself.  I've made a post in the older consols section for it.  I've found routing to be a rather monumental task, and any/all advice would be appreciated.  I hope to get to know many of you a bit better.  Gl Hf and many pb's abound ;).

-Zen
Hey all! IRL my name is Anthony, just call me Mav or Hunt.  Just got turned on to speed running just before Christmas 2013, after watching an awesome run of Castlevania 4 by Funkdoc on youtube from AGDQ 2013.  Then after watching a race of MMX between Caleb Hart, and Tiki ....an old fire was rekindled and set a blaze, causing me to pick up a game I had not played since at least back in 1996.(kinda telling my age..lol)  MMX is by far one of my favorite games from my teenage years.  Looking forward to getting into this, I am currently working on a SMW 96 exit run, and want to start on the MMX series, Zelda series, and a few other NES games.  Most people around where I am at don't understand why I have a working NES, SNES, Genesis, and N64.  Nice to find an outlet for my oldschool gaming "addiction". thumbsup 
When in doubt, don't.
Hello! My name is Josh. Been watching your AGDQ vids on youtube for about 9 months. I finally decided to join. Feel free to send any messages.
Edit history:
Quane: 2014-04-30 08:44:28 pm
twitch.tv/quanee
Sup guys, Quane here. Sadly, I won't reveal my real name because it's an incredible mess. I'm 22 from Poland and totally new to speedrunning, my plan is to set a new world record for both Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, first part is what I'm currently working on. I've been following speed running community for quite a while now and finally I've decided to join and do some stuff myself.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Teach  Me  How  To  Mank 
Hey there, my name's Daniel. I'm 19, live in the UK. I'm still a beginner speedrunner but I am hoping to learn more tricks and run regularly especially over the summer. I am a uni student and have a part-time job thus allowing me to have more free time over the summer. I primarily run Super Monkey Ball 1 & 2 (or at least am attempting to run). I am new and don't have outstanding times in those games but I am still learning them and looking to improve steadily with practice. My Twitch page is - http://www.twitch.tv/DanMeister1234
I tend to stream between 6-8pm EST occasionally although again as previously mentioned, I will be attempting to stream more regularly now that I have more free time. Hope to make some awesome friends on here! Smiley
Edit history:
ArrowKills: 2015-05-10 01:49:38 am
-
Hi everyone, I started viewing SDA videos in high school and really fell in love with the speedgaming community years after (around 2012) and am now a big fan of practically every speedrunner you can think of. I finally made minor donations to AGDQ 2014 and now Crystals for Life 2014. I think Spikevegeta and Puwexil's FFIX run is at least top 20 of all time for an excellent marathon experience and the combination of their commentary and FFIX nostalgia was a magical experience of theater and dedication.

I'm an indie game developer currently involved with making an action RPG inspired by what I could learn from many groups of gamers and it was heavily influenced by you guys:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/589167971/chrono-rider-action-rpg-inspired-by-16-bit-classic

Some of the game's mechanics are geared towards a fast learning curve and high skill ceiling and I hope if this dream comes true I can one day speedrun this game at a marathon.

Thanks for the great entertainment and great intentions SDA and SRL.
animal people aaaaa
Hey there. I'm Fenns. I like animal people and going fast. I also enjoy fighting games, which is my main hobby at the moment.

I found out about speedrunning when friends of mine told me to watch SGDQ2013, and I got hooked immediately. It's a goal of mine to eventually participate in a charity marathon like Games Done Quick and help raise more money than I could just by myself.

At the moment I'm learning too many games. Mainly Kingsley's Adventure (obscure PS1 game) and F-Zero GX Time Trials. I want to run Megaman X and Starfox Adventures sometime too. Occasionally I stream my practice sessions (shameless channel plug: http://www.twitch.tv/bxfenns) so feel free to check it out if you want~ Smiley
Hi SDA!

I've been watching the SGDQ/AGDQ marathons for a while now. I've become a big fan of speedrunning thanks to you guys, and yesterday I made the decision to dive right into it and start the process of learning! I've decided to start running Paper Mario, with the aid of videos from iateyourpie and Anatomyz. Right now I don't have much progress to report, but hopefully I'll be able to contribute something meaningful someday!