<- 1  -   of 40
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
TIOLET!
Quote from AjAX:
Running this game for fun I am picturing how deeply you are perfectionnist and crazy about your amount of attempt.

See with 6 segments and all the new improved route I nailed a 4:23 for Level 2. With the adrenaline and a better barrel Jump plus all the added strafe jump and all. You are crazy man. Anyhow if you want to see how a Recruit Run would look like here is a link.

Kudos to you man!

PS: I have been watching all the twitch people posting what they accordingly thinks to be ''World Record'' and it's crazy, I mean, yes it's SS but how do they think 1:16 is the best time for Doom3, especially since they're running the bfg version which is crazyyyyy faster on running speed and with much better Strafejumping velocity, anyway.

Enjoy Smiley

Constructive criticism: you should work on your strafe jumping as it doesn't seem like you are getting much speed from it. Even single jumps save a lot of time when they are done properly.

Opinionated rambling: personally I don't really care much for the world record craze that has been going on for a few years now. As far as I'm concerned there are good runs and there are bad runs, and having a good time isn't the only thing needed to make it a good run. Again, as far as I'm concerned, there are three parts to a good run. Obviously you need a good time, but you also need entertainment value, and last but not least you need some truly masterful play quality (superplay tier stuff) that will just blow people away when they watch it. A lot of things you watch on youtube and twitch are doing just fine on the time part, but are often lackluster in the other two. I think it's just a sign of the times, the current generation of runners seem to focus mostly on completion time and chasing those "records", rather than making a truly good looking speed gaming video.
Hey man thanks. As funny as it will sound, I have been playing doom 3 since 2005 and I never could improve on it, I must be missing somethings, it's like the engine behave differently on every jump or so is the feeling I get. Anyhow man, I am only doing this for fun tbh, I am too much focus on my music/vinyl releases and touring too spend too much time on this, so it's a second hobby when I ain't writing music really.
By all means teach/point me if you have spare time, I could greatly improve on a few tips here and there, PM me for personal contact if you please!

Pretty much agree on your views about what I call ''Modern'' Speedrunning, gone are the days of segmenting and making things look great, everything is sub par and it's chasing the clock, true that. I think it is all due to the ''OCD-ness'' of this generation, no one really wants to spend 1000 tries, let alone 200 on a 45 sec segment.

Obviously I am part of the later or so I think (I'm 25), heck I am done after 500 attempts most of the time. I know you go past that easily. Anyhow, what happens with all of this is that there are a lot more content and shit being made and that brings different views on route and all but the entertainement value is long gone.
At least I think I have the time and entertainement value up high with this Level 2 run, just not the superplay tier stuff.
TIOLET!
Quote from AjAX:
''OCD-ness'' of this generation

I think the diagnosis you mean to use here is ADHD, as OCD is what I do Grin . I could write volumes regarding this but I feel like the thread is derailing now, so back on track.

Not much to report on segment 34. I think I will have to split it up in two segments to make sure the security room is done properly, the cacodemons really don't want to cooperate most of the time.
Just segment it after killing the 2nd marine in the sentry room.
Whats up Kibbo, enjoying summer and the ladies ?
TIOLET!
Quote from AjAX:
Whats up Kibbo, enjoying summer and the ladies ?

I've been working nights and will continue to do so for a while, have put in a request to get more daytime and evening work so I can have some actual free time instead of spending all of it sleeping in preparation for the next shift. Also sort of stopped paying attention to this thread as most of the posting in it goes unanswered for long periods of time. If you want to discuss the run or just Doom 3 in general there is a discord channel we're using https://discord.gg/cfWHEqP .