Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213141516 -> <- 1 .. 7 .. 16 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
AlphaStrategyGui des.com
Just a quick heads up that the 2k and 4k compatible Sewell splitter DOES NOT strip HDCP like it's smaller brother. Xbox 360 generated a signal to the Elgato and BMIP at the same time, PS3 generated no signal to either black screen. So returning that back under the DSR for a full refund. Was worth a punt at the very least and no lost cost with Amazon. Smiley
Edit history:
Andrew_Mills: 2013-07-03 03:40:07 am
AlphaStrategyGui des.com
Quote from SmokeyBri:
They emailed  back to say that the new splitter would work with a PS3 ;). So I will await delivery and let you know if it works.
Andrew can you let me know if the Sewell one works ok as I'll get that one if this doesn't.

Just a quick confirmation that the "new batch" of 4x1 splitters from that eBay.co.uk seller do indeed work with the PS3 (works perfectly with the BMIP!) Shocked

So a quick round up then for UK peeps:

1). The DVI-HDMI option works but is more expensive and also requires an HDMI to DVI cable, alongside an optical cable too.
2). The mini Sewell splitter works for TheThrillness with the BMIP but not for me (but it works fine with the Elgato), so it at least works and strips HDCP (cheaper than DVI option above).
3). The eBay UK/Hong Kong imported "HDMI 3D Splitter 1x4" (as seen in a photo on the previous page by TheThrillness) works (also cheaper than DVI option).
Audio-guy. twitchtv:ohgoddamnit
Thank you for checking these things out!

After the PS4 and Xbox One have landed I or somebody else will make a thread about capturing from those, to raise awareness that it's possible and affordable. I've got earlier posts in this thread about where I imported my Monoprice DVI+HDMI from, even with a real credit card I only found one shop in the US shipping and selling to Sweden.
Sorry for the bump, forgot about this thread.

Quote from MrLonghair:
No latency frames or nothing?

Nah, it's perfect. I didn't want to take the chance with lag from the passthrough, so I did actually split it so that I get PS3 to splitter to TV, and the Elgato only outputs to my PC.
thethrillness.blogspot.com
Think I ran into an issue with the 1x4 splitter unless anyone can confirm it's not just my setup.

Have the 1x4 splitter connected via PS3 and output to a BMIP. I then use the pass through from BMIP to TV.

It works well as expected but the last two days I have actually began to really use the splitter. After like 3 or 4 hours of playing, my TV screen will go off for about a second or two and re find the signal. I always have my PC monitor off when I play so I have no idea if it is because my PC glitches when not in use after hours. Thing is I've used the BMIP for years without this issue so leads me to believe:

1. Splitter is good but glitches after prolonged use.
2. The PS3 rechecks if HDCP is on after a certain time period and this messes with stuff.

It's the same sort of short signal loss whenever you load up a game.
Negative on #2, should only ever happen on handshakes that come with resolution changes. How warm does the splitter get though?

Or, are you using a proper power adapter rather than the one it came with? Because those cheap little wallwarts can get frying hot
Quote from MrLonghair:
Negative on #2, should only ever happen on handshakes that come with resolution changes. How warm does the splitter get though?

I thought that. Thing is the splitter is really cool. I have no problems touching it at all.

I'm gonna split the HDMI to my TV and see if it loses video. If it does then I know it is the splitter.
Quote from TheThrillness:
Quote from MrLonghair:

I thought that. Thing is the splitter is really cool. I have no problems touching it at all.

I'm gonna split the HDMI to my TV and see if it loses video. If it does then I know it is the splitter.

Try another power adapter before giving up, under-spec units come with these, internet's got plenty of complaints visible, many with symptoms like yours.
Any chance you have links to those symptoms?

Just I really hope it is not my PC and a fault of the splitter. Far easier to replace a HDCP stripper than diagnose a fault of my PC that only happens after 3 or 4 hours of use.

If it turns out the splitter is bad then can still go the DVI+SPDIF route I guess.
Found them up late last year when digging deep into converting RGB Scart to other formats, simply all kinds of symptoms of not providing enough power, current, reliable voltage and one unlucky fella simply got a wallwart that died after the first day.
Edit history:
TheThrillness: 2013-07-23 05:04:14 pm
TheThrillness: 2013-07-23 05:01:54 pm
Longhair, I think you are right about the PSU. I just sat and watched the Amarec capture FPS for minutes.

99% of the time it will be rock solid 59.94 (as it should) but there are times when it will just output a slightly different frame rate. See below.

I'm no expert but I am guessing that over a long period and due to not consistent power or whatever, it tips the frame rate JUST below or above the 59.94 threshold to throw the capture card/TV off that it can't handle that frame rate and it resynchronizes once a stable frame rate is achieved.

Edit history:
TheThrillness: 2013-07-24 08:54:14 pm
Used direct HDMI from 360 to BMIP then BMIP to TV for about 5 and a half hours. No video drop out problems.

Can thankfully blame the splitter (or cheap PSU that came with it). Will test other methods soon.
I cannot order the Sewell 1x2 HDMI splitter, unable to find a source anywhere that ships to Sweden, unless some friendly SDA member in the UK could take payment over IBAN or PayPal and then ship it to me. I've got the Hauppauge HDPVR2 and would like to see if it does the trick for it.

What's available for sale and shipment to Sweden for sure is the Monoprice, out of one American retailer via Amazon.
Do you still want the splitter even if it has incorrect timings? I have been busy so yet to test mines. If it still has timing issues then I still need to check if a different PSU will work.
If the 1x2 with a properly specced PSU continues to misbehave, then that's no good for me. Got two Monoprice DVItoHDMIs so I am very set for the future, just wanted to verify on my own if the 1x2 splitters work or not with the HDPVR2. ViewHD 1x2 didn't, and that's "just" a different name on the same hardware possibly. Hrm.
I can confirm the Sewell also has the frame rate issues. Could still be PSU since it uses the same as the 1x4.

I think this PSU might work as it is rated for the same voltage and amps: http://www.keene.co.uk/electronics/multi.php?mycode=KT7

Keene make very good distribution amplifiers so I trust them.

I'm not paying £15 to test it (unless you want to PayPal me the funds Wink )
Edit history:
Andrew_Mills: 2013-07-28 01:39:29 pm
AlphaStrategyGui des.com
Quote from TheThrillness:
Longhair, I think you are right about the PSU. I just sat and watched the Amarec capture FPS for minutes.

99% of the time it will be rock solid 59.94 (as it should) but there are times when it will just output a slightly different frame rate. See below.

I'm no expert but I am guessing that over a long period and due to not consistent power or whatever, it tips the frame rate JUST below or above the 59.94 threshold to throw the capture card/TV off that it can't handle that frame rate and it resynchronizes once a stable frame rate is achieved.

That would explain what I also saw when I used the splitter for 13 hours on our latest official guide (fps went down to 59.88 and I also had a few dropped frames). Would that PSU you linked to have the correct sized connector though?

One rather annoying issue I have noticed is when I turn my PS3 off I get a massive buzzing noise in my headphones until I close Amarec down Undecided Doesn't do that with anything not connected to the same 1x4 splitter...
Andrew, yes the connector size is an issue. It's just luck if it would work. Maybe we can get a multi purpose PSU like this: http://avslgroup.com/en/product/661.401UK

I also get that buzzing noise.
Deary me, hope my Monoprice and PVR2 combination behaves :<
Edit history:
TheThrillness: 2013-08-01 12:11:28 am
Andrew can you actually confirm that your 360 with HDMI video direct into the BMIP always gives you 59.94 in Amarec (watch the frame rate for about a minute)? I ask because just by chance I was fiddling with a Blackmagic Shuttle which made me re look at 360 HDMI on the BMIP. See the thread: https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/360_framerate_fluctuates.html

I was getting 59.88 and 60.00 like I was on PS3 using the splitter. Makes me think that maybe the BMIP has an issue with HDMI consoles.

It's hard to say because even the Avermedia card shows similar symptoms to the BMIP:

Check around 2 minutes in. His even dips to 51 fps at one point. I just don't know if those frame numbers in Amarec using the splitter show anything wrong or if they are purely for preview and the issue lies somewhere else.
AlphaStrategyGui des.com
Something I've noticed when using splitters (or because I've had to move to a non-RGB codec such as the MJPEG one), but during scene-switches in-game where the screen fades to black for a new scene, AmaRec gets stuck on recording the black image (although the sound continues). I can tell when this happens (which seems to be randomly) as the filesize barely moves up per-sec (about 2 megs per second compared to say 20-30 for full video). Can't tell if it's a stripper handshake  or codec issue just yet. Anyone else come across this?

*Happens to both my 4x1 splitter and DVI to HDMI convertor*
I had this issue once when using the MJPEG codec with Amarec but I never figured out what caused it.

You aren't using the 9.7.7 drivers are you? There seems to be some carelessness with Blackmagic in that they "forgot" or not properly configured some codecs on 9.7.7: http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10602 and http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10683

Edit history:
Andrew_Mills: 2013-08-06 05:32:20 am
AlphaStrategyGui des.com
I'm using 9.7.5 just now. What codec are you using now for the Pro and AmaRec? Huffy works, but then VLC can't replay the video (I use VLC to 'screengrab' the video for frame-perfect screenshots). Sad
Edit history:
TheThrillness: 2013-08-06 05:38:49 am
If you have the space then go for Ut Video which has proper HDYC support (the one that states 709 and 422). Normal recording will be around 40-60Mb/s during movement but this is the same as Lagarith from my testing.

If you don't have the space then consider using x264vfw with a low quantizer on ultra fast mode.
Edit history:
Andrew_Mills: 2013-08-06 05:44:08 am
AlphaStrategyGui des.com
I've a 2TB RAID-0, I've got the space Wink Thanks, I'll give that codec a try and see how I get on. Smiley

*Edit* Works fine but VLC doesn't like it either... Sad *shakes fist*