1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Why does everyone think I'm paranoid
hello there.

I've done a 100% completion speed run of GTA San Andreas.

Your operating system - Windows 7 64 bit
Method used to capture your run - capture card - Hauppauge HDPVR
If you used a capture card, the resolution you were able to capture at - 720p
How you produced the video - Sony Vegas HD pro 11.0
Name of the game, which console - Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, XBOX360
NTSC or PAL - PAL60

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B-tcQ93GvDAOODlhNjlhNGUtN2NkMS00MTJlLThhNzEtNTQ5NzY3MzU5MjY2&hl=en_US

Please would it be possible for someone to advise on how to find out whether this is eligible for submission. It's 15 hours 10 minuts and 108 segments long so exceeds the maximum guidelines of 7 hours.
Thread title:  
DS Dictator
The longest run we have on the site is:

http://speeddemosarchive.com/SkiesOfArcadia.html
12 hours 9 minutes long.

I am sure 15 hours is going to be ok.
The Speedrunning Teacher
Length shouldn't be a worry nowadays, really. Especially considering that we have a handful of runs that exceed that former 7 hour limit.

I'll leave the rest for the experts on video format and quality assurance.
looks like a pretty good source to me. should be able to encode it with anri if you want.
Sorry but I'm a bit of a noob here and don't understand what the process is for submitting a run. Do I need to encode it with Anri and if so am I right in thinking that will entail burning the entire 15 hours onto DVD then ripping it back to the hard drive. Would be really great if someone could advise. I've read the notes in the tech forum and am confused.
Love Gaming and Coding
Quote from MrGamerDerek:
Sorry but I'm a bit of a noob here and don't understand what the process is for submitting a run. Do I need to encode it with Anri and if so am I right in thinking that will entail burning the entire 15 hours onto DVD then ripping it back to the hard drive. Would be really great if someone could advise. I've read the notes in the tech forum and am confused.

Just Dont Worry...!! Send the Raw file to Nate .. and he will encode for u ... Thnx 2 GOD ,, Nate is working Great Alhamdulillah Smiley
ok thanks for that. Any ideas how I can send the files? there's 56gb altogether.
when you submit you will be given torrent instructions. don't worry if your connection is slow - you'll actually be torrenting to one or more of my servers which are of course available 24/7.

of course encoding yourself and submitting that may be faster if you have a slow connection. anri's pretty easy to use. see the kb for more.
Sorry I'm confused again. What's the next step for submitting it? Thought I just needed to send the files now.
Edit history:
DJS: 2012-01-22 06:57:54 am
DJS: 2012-01-22 06:57:23 am
DJS: 2012-01-22 06:57:13 am
torch slug since 2006
http://speeddemosarchive.com/lang/submit_en.html

btw its awesome that you did a run of sa 100%, on console on top of that. that is like the best combination ever. really looking forward to seeing it.
Thanks.

I've already uploaded it to youtube if you want to have a watch.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFCF9B181B2AC2D87&feature=mh_lolz
If I were you I would only encode in MQ and HQ for verification purposes. As the credits are in the middle (ig-timer counts it) it will never get accepted anyways (being easy to fix) but after that is fixed the run might still be not good enough.
Quote from freakypaddy:
If I were you I would only encode in MQ and HQ for verification purposes. As the credits are in the middle (ig-timer counts it) it will never get accepted anyways (being easy to fix) but after that is fixed the run might still be not good enough.

I don't understand what you mean.
Formerly known as Skullboy
If I am reading what Paddy said correctly, the credits/ending happen in the run before you have actually achieved 100%. Because you did not get the game (and SDA) defined 100% (you had a few things left to do after "End of the Line") the run is not over and the credits will most likely count against your time. The final mission in the game is usually the final thing done in any run, including 100%.
Quote from Skullboy:
If I am reading what Paddy said correctly, the credits/ending happen in the run before you have actually achieved 100%. Because you did not get the game (and SDA) defined 100% (you had a few things left to do after "End of the Line") the run is not over and the credits will most likely count against your time. The final mission in the game is usually the final thing done in any run, including 100%.

See what you mean. The final 3 segments could easily be re-done putting the credits at the end. But then Paddy seems to be also suggesting that it's not good enough anyway. Any particular reason?
Last 4 segments redone. Has brought the time down to 15hrs 5mins taking the finish point as the end of the last mission and not including the credits. I think this is now ready for submission. What next?
Edit history:
DJS: 2012-03-15 08:52:19 am
DJS: 2012-03-15 08:50:53 am
torch slug since 2006
i dont really understand what the discussion is here but, yes, san andreas counts the credits as in-game time, if i remember correctly atleast.

also, yeah probably better to have the credits at the end, and then hit pause > stats > misc , and that game time there, is your time, atleast for the other san andreas runs (i dont see why this would be different).
reason why i would say its better to have the credits at the end is because might be annoying for some people to watch the credits, then more gameplay, instead of credits and the end, + the current runs on the sites does it this way.

so i.e. as soon as "mission passed!" appears after the credits, you should hit start and go to stats > misc, so you/we will see 100% and your time.
Quote from DJS:
i dont really understand what the discussion is here but, yes, san andreas counts the credits as in-game time, if i remember correctly atleast.
It does

Quote:
also, yeah probably better to have the credits at the end, and then hit pause > stats > misc , and that game time there, is your time, atleast for the other san andreas runs (i dont see why this would be different).
It's about the time the mission ends, but before the credits start. I heard that's why they needed to be at the end.
Quote:
reason why i would say its better to have the credits at the end is because might be annoying for some people to watch the credits, then more gameplay, instead of credits and the end, + the current runs on the sites does it this way.
Video's can be fast forwarded. Only annoying for the runner. The fact that current runs do it this way doesn't matter. If another method is faster then do it that way. That's why he did Trucking last. That was however before SDA decided to not include the credits time if it was at the end.

Quote:
so i.e. as soon as "mission passed!" appears after the credits, you should hit start and go to stats > misc, so you/we will see 100% and your time.
That makes most sense, but SDA decided to do it different.

I think this is bullshit. The way the game works it rewards you with 100% and the hydra jet/tank after the final cutscene (which is the credits).
Which is why I think the credits should be included, even if they were at the end. Especially since it can be skipped partially and is part of the mission.

You could technically claim the 100%, alt-f4 out of the credits, and therefore actually have never achieved 100% at all.
I don't think anyone's properly explained about encoding it. You can use Anri-chan without having to use a DVD - if you start a new project there's an option for something like raw AVI files (don't have anri on this system so I can't check, sorry). Put the AVI files from Fraps into it when it asks and it should use them.
Quote from bmn:
I don't think anyone's properly explained about encoding it. You can use Anri-chan without having to use a DVD - if you start a new project there's an option for something like raw AVI files (don't have anri on this system so I can't check, sorry). Put the AVI files from Fraps into it when it asks and it should use them.

You're right. I have literally no idea how to use anri-chan.

My video files are MP4. I did this run on XBOX360 and recorded using a Hauppauge HD-PVR so Fraps doesn't come into it. The original files have been edited using Sony Vegas.