Gotcha Force (ntscus) (gcn) [Any %] [Individual Level]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'Manocheese'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Gotcha Force (ntscus) (gcn) [Any %] [Individual Level]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/gotchaforce-20200705/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). If you wish to remain anonymous, you can also send a pm with your reply to 'sdaverification' (please state clearly in that case which run you have verified). This is not a contest where the majority wins - Each verification will be judged on its content.
Thanks for running and submitting so many categories in one go! Makes it easier for sure.

A/V: There's some kind of blank black space all around the sides. I don't see the game ever using that space. Does it sometimes?

The 2-player runs: In case someone reading this wasn't sure, if these would have been any faster with two players controlling them, we obviously can't really keep 1p2c separate from 2p2c since we can't verify it anyway.

Looks like someone had some technical skills to be able to determine what those "force sequences" are for each borg! You aren't slacking off with your run comments either.

I don't think I have much to add to this. It looks very well researched and everything seems to flash by quickly so I'm having to assume this is a very good run!

reject because it's a TAS
accept because it's not that kind of TAS
Yes, a cucco riding the ground.
Thanks!

I also noticed that black border around the screen. I checked some other GameCube games and it seems that some (e.g. F-Zero GX) have it and some (e.g. Sonic Adventure 2: Battle) don't, or at least it's much smaller. In any case, the Knowledge Base recommends leaving the border in because removing it would result in strange resolutions.
To make a fair assessment in this type of game, you really need to be quite familiar with it. And I never heard of this game before. That being said, the fights are superficially about as fast as one would expect from using nuclear weapons and fire-breathing dragons to destroy toys... As the runs get longer on the higher difficulties, a few time losses are included. But that's just to be expected and nothing that seemed major.

I can't come up with anything clever to comment on the strats. All I can say is that nothing stood out to me. However, I have to comment on the run comments. Had it not been for them, I don't think I would have watched these runs. Most of the screen being filled up by the back of a dragon breathing fire on mostly minuscule toy targets doesn't sound like a great watch. But reading through the detailed and well-written comments made the runs come to life and added depth to make this an interesting watch. So thanks for taking the time to document these runs. If I may add, very much in the spirit of SDA!

Accept!
Decision posted.
Thanks. I know what you mean about watching a mostly stationary dragon attacking faraway enemies. The game is much more exciting with most other borgs (like the dragon's victims in these runs), but the dragon is so overpowered that I have to use it.
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2020-07-23 11:52:59 am
Hope you'll find the time to run the main campaign in case that has set fighters on your team, or doesn't it?

And probably leaving the border in is better then.
You choose your team in all but the first few battles of Story Mode. However, for much of the game (maybe most), you wouldn't have enough GF energy to use one of the big dragons, so you'd be forced to use different borgs. This would add some variety to the run.