Sad
<- 1  -   of 38 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Metal + Speed = Life
Holy shit thats crazy... too bad its too precise to be pulled off in real time.. i messed around with it a bit this morning, its hard enough just to get on rhe railing since its so short, but i cant manage to turn while hovering to get up the slope
yeah, and you can't actually land on the railing, either. If you stop hovering, you'll just slide off and possibly die. I could see someone in the future going for it in an IL, but I don't think anybody will ever get it in a full-game run and save time with it. But at least it's good for a TAS.
Metal + Speed = Life
You going for more glitch hunting today or classic rta?
Edit history:
FitterSpace: 2018-07-16 02:02:53 pm
I'm going to do some Classic RTA. I want that sub 2.

Edit: I had to leave a little earlier than I wanted to today, but I hope to stream again later this week.
Edit history:
FitterSpace: 2018-07-16 02:49:04 pm
I just got a 9:05 on Dam 007 Classic. Not a great run, but it's a new world record. It was the start of an offline RTA attempt I was doing, so that's why I didn't reload the checkpoint. Would have been 9:04 if I didn't screw up the last objective.

Edit history:
FitterSpace: 2018-07-16 10:35:19 pm
FitterSpace: 2018-07-16 08:29:47 pm
I just got a sub 2 007 Classic run. The run was basically perfect until I choked Jungle really hard. I was about 4:30 ahead going into Jungle, then I lost about 1:30 in jungle due to bad health at a checkpoint and a few missed headshots. Solar was so so bad. I had to restart the intro twice. It was so bad that I decided to run through the end in order to continue the run. So I did it. I ran through the end and only lost about 1 minute instead of 2. Then I clutched Cradle and barely got the sub 2. 1:57 is possible but the whole run would have to be deathless and perfect to allow for that. I might go for it one day, but I'm happy with this time for now. I just hate the Jungle and Solar were bad. But it was a near perfect run besides that.

1:59:36.

In-game times:
Dam: 9:05 (tied world record, insane)
Facility: 8:41 (awesome for RTA runs)
Airfield: 3:57 (not great, but sub 4 is alright)
Nightclub: 7:47 (middle garcia spawn, sloppy gameplay. Some time was lost here)
Carrier: 7:04 (played the end a little safe)
Outpost: 5:30 (decent)
Bunker: 10:45 (Decent for RTA, but I can beat this)
Archives: 11:41 (lost time because I didn't enter the elevator as soon as possible)
Tank: 4:11 (sloppy)
Station: 5:05 (no checkpoint reload, so I saved some real time here even though my in-game time is slower)
Memorial: 8:57 (good for full game runs)
Jungle: 9:39 (absolutely terrible)
Solar: 8:14 (terrible, but the fast ending made it slightly less bad)
Cradle: 12:00 (good enough)
Metal + Speed = Life
Holy shit wow!! Grats man.. too bad this wasnt the run you did on stream yesterday, wouldve loved to see this live. Think your going to keep grinding classic rta for a bit now? Or move onto improving the ILs?
I’m going to improve my IL times. I hate that this run has some bad parts at the end, but everything else is good enough that I’m okay with it. I want to do IL’s on other difficulties, too.
Metal + Speed = Life
I havent really played this week, been pretty busy at home, but ill be online today, gonna give a couple more tries for operative rta. Gonna start grinding to get a run using the new bunker skip, would be insane to get over a minute of free time save
Edit history:
FitterSpace: 2018-07-19 09:10:21 pm

Dam (007 Classic) in 9:04

Here's the run I got in the stream today. No 9:03 to be seen here, but I know I'll get it soon.
I've been playing through some of the levels with a pretty fun challenge in mind. Try to beat each level while shooting the minimum number of bullets possible. I swear, some of the levels are impossible on 007 Classic, but most of them technically don't require any shooting. Dam requires 5 bullets with the AK-47 to shoot the exploding truck at the end of the autoscroller. Plus one more to complete the last objective. Airfield requires 2 bullets to kill the last three guys (you can kill the first two with one bullet if you turn quick enough). I beat facility 007 Classic without firing a single bullet, and I got to the end of Nightclub before giving up there. I know it's possible to finish it but running through the end without shooting anybody (plus having almost no health once you get to that point) makes it pretty much impossible with only the one set of armor you get. So I skipped Nightclub and went to carrier. I think Carrier might be theoretically possible to beat this way but I'll never do it. I came up with some cool strats for the beginning part but you need several bars of health for each hostage situation. It's so ridiculous but it might technically possible. I'll play later on to see what other levels may be possible without shooting.
Metal + Speed = Life
Just got a Dam 9:05 on classic.. had a few silly mistakes but nothing big.. had alot of clean sprint canceling to finish it off.
9:03 definately doable but 9:04 is already pretty hard to match
Metal + Speed = Life
Oh man, and on the very next run, 9:06 with a missed ladder skip, that was definately the run. Pretty sure ladder skip costs at least 3 seconds, thats really a shame lol
Metal + Speed = Life
Argh!!! This rta run had 1:41 potential written all over it.. bad memorial, solar and cradle.. but at least its still a pb.. wont bother writing too much about the run since I still plan to improve this..

Attachment:
Metal + Speed = Life
Gonna be streaming today Fitterdood? ^_^
unfortunately not. I haev an exam today and some errands I have to run. But I should be streaming on wednesday. I haven't had the chance to watch your runs yet but I'll watch them tonight.
Metal + Speed = Life
Completely ridiculous...

Dam (007 Classic) 9m00s

Here's my Dam 007 Classic 9:03:

I also got a 9:06 on 007 but it's nowhere near optimized yet:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/289184538

Nice job on the 9:00. That's a really insane time and I doubt I'll be able to match it any time soon.
Metal + Speed = Life
906 is a good start for the TT if you ask me... the more i think of it, with a lucky enough run we should technically be able to get a run just as fast as on classic. I ran a few attempts yesterday after your stream and the route is literally identical.. everything we do on classic is generally doable on 007, you just die a little more often.
We got some really good progress on dam!! Hope to continue it today
Yeah, i'm starting to wonder how many other levels are identical on 007 and 007 Classic. I'm sure there are more besides Dam, Tank, and Cradle. Maybe Facility? There are a lot of breaks in Facility where you can regenerate some health, so maybe that one is similar.

Speaking of 007, I can't imagine how hard levels like Solar and Station are going to be. I bet the route will be completely different between 007 and 007 Classic on those levels.
Edit history:
JamesBong: 2018-07-27 03:09:01 am
Metal + Speed = Life

Basically there are invisible walls on both sides of the ''entrance'' to the ladder, so you cant walk on either side of it. If you move slowly towards the middle of the ladder, you will feel a resistance and some collision (as seen in the beginning of video).
If you walk normal speed (or sprint but it will be harder) right at the middle of the ladder, and when you walk over this ''collision'' zone just before starting to descend the ladder, you strafe left or right for a few frames, then flick and release the left thumbstick down, you get to skip going down the actual ladder.
Theres other ways to skip ladders but I find this one is the most consistent at least for me anyways.
Instead of strafing you can also look left or right with the right thumbstick at the same time you hit that collision area and flick and release the left thumbstick down the same way, both work very consistently but the timing on them is pretty tight. Definately something you can become more and more consistent with kind of like sprint canceling. So this is awesome, mega props to Purple for figuring out how actually easy this skip can be
Metal + Speed = Life
Finally Dam Operative has a good IL time...

Dam (Operative) - 8m23s

Nice dude. I bet a lot of the other Operative records are improvable too. I'm looking forward to it.
I figured I may as well post this. This was a pretty funny random thing that happened to me while doing Dam runs.
Edit history:
FitterSpace: 2018-07-27 09:18:39 pm

Here's a mock spreadsheet I made that displays the overall combined time for all of our world records. Once all the levels on 007 difficulty are finished, we'll have a really good idea of where various improvements can be made. It'll also be fun to chip away at the combined time to reach certain milestones, like the GoldenEye N64 runners do over on the-elite. I've requested for this feature to be added to speedrun.com so hopefully the admins see that and think it's a good idea. That way we might be able to have the combined time on the leaderboard itself.