Sad
<- 1  -   of 38 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Metal + Speed = Life
Yeah for sure.. as far as rta goes, tank and jungle are my 2 bigger problems. Im going to go back to doing Classic ILs at least so i get a good time for each level, that will help too for rta..ive been getting really close to a decent bunker time.. had a few runs yesterday that were very fast but i either died or quit out. I feel we know enough about the levels now that instead of completing the level and gradually brining the time down, im more or less just grinding for that perfect run. 10:30 seems doable but id be happy with anything around 10:35. Ill probably do that again today while watching your stream
Today I got an 11:52 on Archives 007 Classic: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/278302495

This was done during a full-game Classic attempt, so it's not optimized at all. I wouldn't be surprised if a full 30 seconds could be saved from this with actual optimization and IL-only strats, plus checkpoint reloads.
Metal + Speed = Life
Bunker (007 Classic)  10m07s

Metal + Speed = Life
Check out this very interesting thing that just happened to me on Jungle... after youve watched it.. watch it again put pay close attention to the radar, the single guard i kill doesnt vanish from radar once hes dead, and the next guard who usually walks towards you from the left is despawned, however his red dot is on the radar it just isnt walking towards you...
Basically I killed the first 3 guards, killed the 4th and from there on, every guard in the area despawned from the looks of it..

Interesting. Could this lead to another despawn trick like the one in Solar?
Great find there Bong; I did some testing and it turns out it's a trigger skip, so no tight alarm delay like in Solar is needed.
Also found a safety strat in the waterfall section that means you can keep stealth, so you can have full armour for multiplayer (which means you could risk the marker skip - if you shoot the 2nd cache quick enough to kill the remaining enemies, you won't have any enemies at the gate, so you could get out of there with full armour as well, so the armour in the heli section may be skipped although the crate is nice cover to have)

Edit history:
JamesBong: 2018-06-29 08:11:00 am
Metal + Speed = Life
The new way to do the intro is sick.. it just happened to me by accident.. definately usable, ill watch the video more closely when i get home from work and implement that into my IL route.
For the waterfall section thats really cool, however with the way im doing it, i lose stealth just after the hover but i dont kill the first guard like you did, i walk through the water area and avoid the guns. Its definately an awesome strat for rta.. the fact you can leave that area with full armor is awesome, but it looks to be 3-4 seconds slower than what im doing for IL route, still worth looking into though.
For the multiplayer section im not sure what you mean by the "marker skip" and shooting the 2nd cache quick enough.. do you have a video for that as well? The way you describe definately sounds worth it for IL route
The marker skip is the thing the TAS does when it does the 2nd hover in the waterfall section. It despawns enemies and also armour later on.
There's also a hoverless way to do it:
Wow, I think I'm going to implement the market skip into my rta runs. That looks cool! The only thing I have to do different in the waterfall area is kill the two guards before doing the hover. That way, i'll keep stealth so I can just run through the next few areas.
Metal + Speed = Life
Very awesome..  it's a shame I practiced all afternoon yesterday and now I got to change things up again.. but its worth it lol
Metal + Speed = Life
Second half of jungle is so broken now lol definately getting a good IL time today
Metal + Speed = Life
I got the Jungle route down pretty much the way I'd like it to be.. Im basically taking everything up to the multiplayer area much riskier than before. This level has now become filled with little tricks here and there that are not so bad to execute 1 by 1, however executing it all together plus getting a bit lucky with health is pretty tough. Im not continuing any runs that have little mistakes so when I get the god run I can be blown away by the time lol, instead of improving slowly on the 7:56. No results yet but Ill get it at again later tonight or tomorrow.
Metal + Speed = Life
Alright, it's about time, although this isn't as fast as I had hoped (I didnt really have any expectation either I just was hoping for 7:3x), it's still definately a nice improvement and a much better benchmark for how the route can be. I had a couple mistakes and a few things weren't as smooth as they should've been, however nothing went badly wrong and I got some really nice luck with how much damage I took during the run (pretty much the most important factor).
Ive put at least 12 hours into this in the last couple days  -_-

Jungle (007 Classic) - 7m40s

Edit history:
FitterSpace: 2018-06-30 10:21:24 pm
Nice job! That's a huge improvement over my time, and that brings the 007 Classic time a lot closer to the Agent run. I'm going to practice Jungle a little bit since a lot of new stuff has been found on that level over the past few days.

Also, the classic controller I ordered the other day arrived much sooner than expected. I played with it for about 10 minutes and I kinda like it. I'm not sure if I like it better than the GCN controller but we'll have to see how I feel about it after playing with it for a few hours this monday. If I like it better than GCN (or at least like it enough to use it in runs) then I'll switch to playing on Wii U since it's faster for full-game runs. As for my first impressions (first time i've ever held a classic controller, actually), I like that the melee button is bound to a single button rather than Z+B on GameCube. The GameCube controller's Z button is pretty awkward to use sometimes. Overall I like the classic controller and I'll most likely switch to it anyway since I think it'll be better in the long run.
Metal + Speed = Life
Yeah i feel like jungle will be more consistent with these new rta strats..  good to hear for your controller
Edit history:
JamesBong: 2018-07-02 08:59:17 am
Metal + Speed = Life
Started working on archives this morning.. and i got some really good runs without spending too much time on it.. now this run is definately beatable only because my health got really  low early on so i had to take some parts a bit safer. This route basically just requires to keep moving and get some good luck in not taking too much damage. Lost a few seconds reloading 2 checkpoints in order to get back a bar of health, i generally try not to reload those 2 because they both spawn you back a bit further. I would say sub 11 is doable but that would require running through almost everything ( i pretty much run through most of the sections already ), so its not very likely. But if i had a few less mistakes, 11:05 could have been doable. The fact i got this run within an hour just makes me want ro move on though, after having spent several afternoons to get a good jungle time, it feels real good to have put so little time into archives and still end up with a good result.

Archives (007 Classic) in 11m13s

Metal + Speed = Life
No stream today fitter?
Edit history:
FitterSpace: 2018-07-02 11:36:20 am
Today I did a short stream where I tested the differences between playing on Wii and Wii U. As far as I can tell, there is no noticeable difference between either console. The nice thing about this game is that the in-game timer ignores lag and loading times, so that makes it really easy to compare the real-time differences between different people's consoles. By subtracting the in-game time from my real time on both systems, I found that there is less than 1 second of difference in a nearly 20 minute test I did today.

So that may alter my plans a little bit. While the graphics are a lot better on Wii U, I'm not sure if I want to play with a completely different controller if it doesn't benefit me in any way. I also have to deal with my capture card having variable latency with HD video, so I may continue to play on a normal Wii anyway. But it's something I'll have to think more about in the coming days.
Edit history:
FitterSpace: 2018-07-02 12:57:06 pm
Here is a short pros/cons list I came up with for both consoles.

Wii U:
Pros: The graphics look better, L/R mashing is easier with the classic controller
Cons: No GameCube controller support, hovering is harder with the classic controller, Capture card latency varies over time due to USB 2 transfer speeds

Wii:
Pros: No need to switch to a different controller
Cons: The graphics aren't as good as Wii U, the disc drive sound is annoying, and I'm a little concerned for my disk drive in the long run

After considering both options for a while, I think I'm going to keep playing on my Wii since there aren't enough good reasons to switch to playing on Wii U. The 2 biggest issues, in my opinion, is the different controller and the capture card latency. Due to the limitations of USB 2.0 transfer speeds, HD video will slowly drift out of sync with the audio over time. Avermedia's later capture cards support USB 3.0 and the issue is not present on later hardware. But I'm not going to spend that much money on a brand new capture card when the one I have now works just fine for my Wii.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, but there also exist different versions of GoldenEye Wii for different regions. The Japanese version has full Japanese voice acting, and I'm sure there are versions for other languages. Thankfully, the cutscenes seem to be the same length regardless of the language because the dialog doesn't affect how long they last. This means that every version of GoldenEye Wii I know of plays exactly the same regardless of your region or console choice. I think we've lucked out with this game.
Metal + Speed = Life
So you will probably stick to playing on the Wii with gamecube controller?
I looked over your Solar 6:18, your right theres mistakes in the beginning but the second half is literally perfect. Its the last level i need a good time on Classic, but i dont think ill be beating that time, i figure ill be happy with anything sub 6:30.
Yeah I remember the 2nd half of my solar attempt being really really good. But I could have saved several seconds on the first half. I've had runs that were 5 seconds faster than my PB going into the 2nd cutscene. I only continued past bad intros like mine because the ending is so luck-based. I'm pretty sure sub 6:10 is possible, but I'm not going for it any time soon. When I'm done with full-game Classic runs, I'll go back and work on some of my Classic IL's before doing another difficulty. And yeah, I'm going to keep playing on my wii with a gamecube controller.
Metal + Speed = Life
Solar is proving to be really hard lol.. i think you got really lucky to get 6:18 so quick. Ive been pretty much reseting any runs that dont have really good health and armor heading into the last area, or if i lose more than 5 seconds on the way there. Ill be trying again this afternoon. If i dont get any luck i may just do an rta run to try and get something bettet than a 2:10
Sorry, unexpected plans came up so I won’t be able to stream until Monday probably.

Solar is quite the challenge. Next time I do attempts of it, I’m gonna be more strict about which runs make it past the intro.
I just remembered that I have an exam on Monday morning, so I probably won't be able to stream again until Wednesday. However, I will be doing a lot of practice between now and then so I'll be ready to do some good full-game runs that day. I'll probably do some full-game runs offline this weekend.
Metal + Speed = Life
How did the offline runs go?
I did a random operative rta run this weekend, the run wasnt really good overall, however i got 4 gold splits ( golds have become very rare for me on operative) pushing my sum of bests to around 1:40:50. Im thinking of going back on the operative grind for a few weeks.. im really overdue to beat my pb and get a 1:42:xx run