Sad
<- 1  -   of 38 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Metal + Speed = Life
After completing 11x 2m56s runs, I got the 2m55s!!
I was expecting it to take a little bit longer than this.. and its technically not perfect either..
I guess 2m54s is technically possible but I doubt anyone will ever grind that one out, I know I definately wont

Airfield 2m55s

Insane. I knew 2:55 was possible but I didn't expect you to get it that quickly. I also didn't expect you to get another one when the audio for your first one was messed up lol. I think 2:54 is possible but there's no way I'm gonna go for that. I will, however, go for 2:55 when I get around to it.
As for 007 Classic, I plan to practice Bunker and Outpost, with a little bit of Nightclub and Carrier. I want to do "first half" RTA next week.
Metal + Speed = Life
And then the runs will begin.. will be nice for sure
Metal + Speed = Life
You gonna stream today? Im gonna practice some classic to get ready for full game rta
I'm gonna be out all day today, so no stream today. I also can't stream on Sundays in general, so my next stream will most likely be on monday. I'll do some more Barcelona-Dubai-Servanaya practice and possibly a "first half" run early next week. I hope to be doing full game runs next week, or possibly the monday after that.
Metal + Speed = Life
Alright sounds good.. i just did a 007 classic no reset run.. actually turned out so much better than i expected considering i had only practiced like a third of the levels recently..
Got worst spawn for garcia and died in nightclub so i lost good time there.. had to restart carrier because the intro went really really badly but on 2nd try i ran it really clean. Died twice in bunker lol i really need to practice bunker i felt lost while running it. Archives had a death but not too much time lost.
Tank and station had 1 death each but they werent too bad. 13 minute jungle because i took it really slow and safe ( not too familiar with the speedrun route ). Solar i took super safe and it was a 7:57 in game time which is awesome i think. Cradle was pretty average.. anyway i wasnt recording because in my mind it was only practice and i was just hoping for like a 2h30m run. This just shows that you can get much lower  in this catergory than you thought. I got really lucky on a couple stages to be honest.. but i had 7 total deaths, and some levels i took really slow. 2h classic run might be possible honestly..

Attachment:
Edit history:
JamesBong: 2018-06-16 10:43:19 am
Metal + Speed = Life
Lol i like how it flipped the picture..
This run got a bit frustrating at times but overall this was fun as hell to run
wow, that's insane. Every day I think more about sub 2 being a reality. Man, I can't wait to do full-game runs.
Metal + Speed = Life
Next time i do a run ill record it and have that as a proven pb.. i think these splits will be hard to run against even with all the deaths.. so many things can go wrong even with practice, and dying in certain checkpoints can cost you over a minute easy
Metal + Speed = Life
Ah man i tried another run just now.. and compared to this splits i showed you, i was already 4:30 ahead right after archives.. and then i just blocked on tank.. it took me 12 minutes (real time) to complete it with about 5 deaths, and then started station and died twice on the intro so i kind of rage quit the run.. i have like 2-3 minutes of time save possible in jungle.. it couldve been a 2:06hour pace!!
Metal + Speed = Life
Wow.. the exact same thing happened today.. 3 and a half minutes ahead at the start of tank.. and it took me 11 minutes for tank.. i simply cannot pass tank properly on 007 classic.. and if i try to take it slow and safe, it seems to make it even worse and i die anyways. I continued until jungle and then in the big area where you hack a drone gun, the gun didnt kill a single guard and i got destroyed, was 3 minutes behind at that point so i just quit.. i refuse to post a full game time with that big of time loss for tank. I get the impression every time i do a full game classic run i will just block at tank.. its like inevitable.
Wow, that's crazy. I did the math this morning and I think sub 2 should be possible in a deathless run. It'll be tough, though. As for Tank, I would recommend following what I do in my IL run. But there are a few things I do to be a little safer in a full-game setting. The most luck-based part is the spiral part on the highway. There's a chopper that can go in 2 different directions. The one I get in my IL is the fast way because you can kill them without slowing down. (It's the chopper that flies over the crane thing I blow up in the IL run). Sometimes that chopper goes under the road and attacks you head on. If that happens, you have to stop and kill it. If you keep going, it'll get behind you and it's impossible to kill without getting shot by all the RPG's.

Also, reloading the checkpoint before the spiral part changes where the guys spawn and what they do. It's complicated, but I'll explain it next time I stream. Unfortunately, my stream on Monday is gonna be pretty short because I have to be somewhere that afternoon. I want to do a brief tutorial for Tank one day that covers all the strats I use for IL and full-game runs.
Metal + Speed = Life
After only a handfull of runs my sum of best is at 2:07hours.. thats including a 13 minute bunker, 13 minute archives, and 13 minute jungle split lol..
Metal + Speed = Life
Ill watch your stream a bit today.. not sure if i will play though, if i do ill probably just do some classic ILs to submit times for the levels i dont have a recording.. probably dam and outpost.
Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to be able to stream today. I have to leave a little earlier than expected so I couldn't have streamed for more than an hour anyway. My next stream will most likely be on wednesday, where I will practice the middle part of the game in preparation for full-game runs.
Metal + Speed = Life
Its all good.. guess ill see you wednesday then
Metal + Speed = Life
Im getting a haircut right after work today, and then ill be work on Dam classic, looking forward to your stream  ^_^
Today I got a 1:01:43 for the first half of the game (Dam through Bunker). My personal best for the 2nd half is a 1:02:xx, so together that would be a 2:03 or 2:04. However, neither run is perfect, so I could see that going down to a 2:02 or 2:01 total.

My 1:01:43 had five deaths total (and a bad garcia in Nightclub). One in Facility, two in Airfield, one in Carrier, and one in Bunker. With better gameplay and no deaths, that could easily go under one hour. My 1:02 for the 2nd half is also not perfect, but at least its deathless. Sub 2 hours is technically possible but it's gonna be really hard. I think I'm gonna go for it, though.
Metal + Speed = Life
Definately.. if one of us can do it, its you. Id be happy with a 2:04-2:05, that would already be much faster than i originally expected. I bet you'll get sub 1 hour on the first half today
I did a full-game practice run today, but I didn't finish it because I was so out of practice with the 2nd half of the game. It probably would have been a 2:20 or something if I went past Jungle. The first half was great except for a few checkpoint reloads. I ended up getting a 1:01:xx first half. But every level in the 2nd half except Tank was a nightmare. I lost four minutes on Archives due to some dumb deaths and terrible health at an early checkpoint. I lost around 2 minutes in Memorial because of a few deaths in the sewers, and I lost a few minutes in Jungle because I kept forgetting to blow up the truck in the multiplayer area, so those guards kept killing me. I'm going to do more practice on the 2nd half tonight so I can be ready for full-game runs tomorrow. I'm hoping for sub 2:10 tomorrow.
Metal + Speed = Life
Nice man.. i have the day off from work because its a canadian holiday.. im down to do one with you. If you want, when you start streaming practice a bit and ill be in your chat shortly ( ill check often to see when you start) and we can start a run together
okay, cool. I'll probably go live a little earlier today since I'll have time to do 2 full-game runs if I start at around 10:00 AM CST.
Edit history:
FitterSpace: 2018-06-25 03:09:29 pm
FitterSpace: 2018-06-25 02:47:43 pm
Today I did two 007 Classic RTA attempts. The first was a race with JamesBong where I got a 2:09 and he got a 2:10. It was really close. Then I did another attempt right after and got a 2:04.

YouTube:

Twitch VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/277520872

Split Times (RTA):
Dam: 11:55
Facility: 21:06
Airfield: 25:25
Nightclub: 34:29 (good garcia, one death)
Carrier: 42:03
Outpost: 48:15
Bunker: 59:16
Archives: 1:15:42 (absolutely terrible. 2 deaths, 4 minutes lost.)
Tank: 1:31:43 (one death)
Station: 1:27:18
Memorial: 1:37:25 (got caught twice in the stealth section)
Jungle: 1:46:04
Solar: 1:54:36
Cradle: 2:04:24

In-game times:
Dam: 9:13
Facility: 8:49
Airfield: 4:00
Nightclub: 8:08
Carrier: 7:13
Outpost: 5:48
Bunker: 10:40
Archives: 15:42
Tank: 5:27
Station: 4:59
Memorial: 9:22
Jungle: 8:17
Solar: 7:43
Cradle: 11:45

I didn't expect to get a time like this so quickly. I guess it's just an example of how important it is to practice in speedrunning. I lost 4 minutes in Archives, another minute in Tank, 45 seconds in Nightclub, and a minute or so in Memorial. I can easily get sub 2, so I'm looking to get a 1:58.
Metal + Speed = Life
Absolutely crazy..
For a long time i had no competition in this game, but operative and 007 classic are pretty much uncomparable, and despite all the records i have, you are definately now the king of speedrunning this game. It takes so much more execution and skill to pull off a full game classic run, and to see the way you did it yesterday was nuts, sure you have some bad time losses but its only your 2nd run!! 2:05 wouldve been a dream run for me. If anything its more motivation for me that you will sub 2 hour so quickly, however i clearly have alot of catching up to do on classic to get to your level.
Congrats again man, really a beast of a run
Thank you! I've always liked this game best on 007 Classic because you get more objectives and you have a standard health bar. I think it makes the route more interesting. Honestly, we've really lucked out with this game because all the difficulties are different from each other in a way that makes it interesting.

I'm not as good at optimizing small parts of short levels, but I feel like I'm relatively consistent over a long period of time. That's why my full-game times are decent, but I won't be able to match many of your classic IL records like Facility and Carrier. I'm not as good at short runs. I'm glad that we're both running this game and pushing it farther than it's ever gone before.

Speaking of short levels, I've been meaning to make a detailed video about the things I did in my Tank IL's. I think I'll go over my strats next time I stream tomorrow, probably after another full-game attempt. It's not as hard as it looks, so I know you can get 4:05. I think that, like Airfield Operative was in the past, will be a really solid TWR in the future. It'll also really help in your full-game runs.