Smiley
Sad
page  <- 12345678910 -> <- 1 .. 4 .. 10 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I favor the voting option over incentives. If we integrate viewer-voting that should give us reliability, concering the bonus game having a good amount of viewers.
Regarding the games:

- Chrono Trigger: I agree with deuce, CT would probably be the primary canditate as far as getting balanced runners and fan support goes.

- FF MQ: For people that don't know the game, the run might look boring and you'd need to make clear, that dying or not, is oftentimes a coinflip and not the runners
              fault. Otherwise a good option

- Lufia II: Obvious bias aside, we'd have enough runners with potential to make this a good race if they put some practice in. Problem is with racing this, if we do
                normal mode, the success of the early part of the run lies in the manipulation for catfish. If you don't get it, Regal Goblin can be a pretty huge roadblock, with
                bad RNG.

- Terranigma: We had quite some hype for the Scrubathon race, but that relies on the RNG being somewhat equal to the runners. It makes me sad to say this, but the
                      run can be indeed quite stale, especially for new viewers, with a lot of cutscenes and grinding. We'd need strong commentary for this one.

- SoE: The problem with this game is, that it's extremely unreliable during the 1st Act. It's a cool run, but not really suited for a race, I think. Not sure how safe you can
          make it with picking up more ingredients.

- SoM: Not much to add to what stinger said. I think it has potential, no clue how reliable the skips are in a race-setting.

How about Soul Blazer? I know at least 2 good player, and iirc a lot of people actually thought about learning it. That may be motivation enough to get off their lazy asses. Tongue I think the run itself is a pretty good watch, I'm not really sure how popular it is in the community though.
Pudding%
Quote from eLmaGus-:
Team Y Burn, obviously. (Dreamboum you traitor)

also i will only play if the bonus game is Lufia 2 and Dragondarch plays it Smiley

So wait, have we moved on from bop Mahiru to bop Dragondarch? Wink
Yeah, I'd better be signing up for Lufia 2...
I have a kind of special request and I would be glad, if anyone could help me out on this:
Since I will be making a little introduction video for the relay and I would like it to contain some small memorable parts from the past relay race, I need 2-3 short moments from each game of the past event. Anything that could be noticable, went totally wrong, was unexpected or was just plain funny. Since I don't want to watch 12 hours of footage again, maybe some of you remember some of those memorable events and could provide me with some information on where it was during the race. Any help would be gladly appreciated!

Also, just for your information, every runner will probably get introduced (10-15 seconds) with the following information: Name, Team, PB for the game and other Speedrunning projects. I will pick 1-2 other Speedruns by looking at everyone's channel (I hopefully will find some info there Tongue ). If anyone wants a particular game to be mentioned, please tell me. Anyway I will list everything, once I'm at that point, so you can still correct me then.

And just a little side note on the actual Relay Race: I would suggest, that the commentators should watch the race via the individual streams or with multitwitch to eliminate the kinda annoying delay between commentary and ingame-action. I guess, that would make commentating much more viable and more enjoying for the viewers as well.

For the bonus games I suggest Soul Blazer, Chrono Trigger and Mystic Quest #totallynotbiased. On a serious note I would welcome any of those games as a bonus game and despite CT being the most obvious choice, I would like to see SoM as a bonus game.
I must simply laugh.
Some Bonus Games suffer from Runners being in the relay (like CT, Lufia 2 and especially Mystic Quest), so a good option for those would be to swap out a runner from the relay to make them happen.(would require voting pre Relay)

Personally I wouldn't mind dropping out for a bonus game granted there is backup for me, but i guess we wont vote pre relay.

@Happysquid: loving the Soul Blazer idea but that game would have to be set soonish because there is not enough runners :/

@Jenja:
My favorite moments:
I die in Fabul(not spectacular): ~42-43 mins in
I had a perfect big doll fight: ~1:55ish in

cant really speak for the others but i think Essentia had a rough Opera, dying twice or something like that(around 2:10 into FF6), also Dreamboum died to L? Pearl(around 4:20 into FF6). Thats all I remember, hopefully that helps.

Also please pick Super Mario Land 2 and Pokémon Yellow for me because its so accurate thanks!(For real: pick FF4 and Lufia 2 AC or something next to my FF6 PB)

@Dragondarch:
You better be signing up for Lufia! Dont you think i didnt see that!
One thing that comes to mind is Rane running out of money while fighting Exdeath. Not sure when it was timestamp wise, but obviously at the end of FFV
Edit history:
Vultuz: 2014-06-20 11:23:10 am
i would be in for Lufia 2, Evermore or Mystic Quest (Sorry i didnt read everything yet in here so i might missed some important notes) Just heard about some Bonus Stuff and i run a lot of these Bonus Games Tongue
Pudding%
I guess I should also mention that I can play FFMQ as well as Lufia 2. Wink
Edit history:
Crow!: 2014-06-20 03:27:50 pm
What's that gemma?
The major skips in SoM are super consistent.  The only real points of marathon-danger in that game are deaths in dungeons (Gaia's Navel, Sewers, Northtown Ruins) and softlocks in / after boss fights (much less likely in 1p2c than in 1p1c).

I could participate in a SoM race.  I'm presently much more familiar with 1p1c than with 1p2c, but I have plenty of time to pick up the differences.
Pretty much what Crow said.  The skips aren't a real point of contention, and deaths are pretty much confined to a specific few places where we can make a quick safety save to make sure we don't lose any more than 10 minutes to RNG messing with us.  That brings us to 3 SoM runners (I've also talked to Yagamoth, and he's looking forward to it), so we'll see if there's one more person we can grab.
Edit history:
puwexil: 2014-06-20 07:17:55 pm
puwexil: 2014-06-20 07:15:20 pm
puwexil: 2014-06-20 07:07:20 pm
puwexil: 2014-06-20 07:02:33 pm
Professional Second Banana
Awesome - if we can get a 4th SoM runner all the better, but I'm fine with 3 for the bonus game.

So here's what I'm hearing for possible bonus games (will need to cut it down to 4 games at some point).  Since we've got a couple of runners from the actual relay on the list (which I'm fine with - I'm not going to ask runners to drop out of the relay for a bonus game when it's not going to be known until after the relay is over) maybe it'd be best to do the bonus game the next weekend (9/19-21) so the runners for the winning bonus game have enough practice time (though I think we might get more of the relay viewers to come back if it's the next day 9/14 instead).

Let me know if I missed anyone or if anyone has other ideas (or if eLmaGus wants to learn SoM and Soul Blazer Tongue )- I'm leaving Secret of Evermore and Terranigma off for now since SoE isn't sounding like a very stable race game and I'm not sensing much hype for Terranigma.

Secret of Mana: StingerPA, Yagamoth, Crow!
Lufia 2: HappySquid, Vultuz, eLmaGus, Dragondarch
FF Mystic Quest: FFGamer86, Vultuz, Dragondarch, eLmaGus, Jenja
Chrono Trigger: Essentia, eLmaGus, Jenja, maybe Obdajr?
Soul Blazer: Jenja, Everhate, HappySquid

I'll try to remember some highlights from the 1st relay too.
Edit history:
puwexil: 2014-06-22 11:18:19 pm
And 1 more thing, I'd like to include runner/commentator countries in the FAQ for the Japanese restream (and that might be nice to include in Jenja's intro video too).  Let me know if I made any mistakes and/or where FeralPigMan is from:

Neerrm: USA
Deln: Canada
Dreamboum: France
crumps2: USA
Incalex: France
Essentia: USA
FeralPigMan: USA
HappySquid: Germany
LCC: Canada (Floating Continent Province)
Khobahi: Canada
Jenja: Germany
eLmaGus: Germany
obdajr: Canada
nocashnocash: USA
Deuceler: USA
puwexil: USA
Dragondarch: USA
mistermv: France
Danshow: Canada
FPM hails from these great United States of America.
I read something about Bonus-Games a week later? I'am not at home between 13-20 of September. I still might be able to stream/Run in the  "late" evening  (German time) of September 20, so would be afternoon for EST Time. Otherwise Sunday would be better for me
Edit history:
puwexil: 2014-06-22 11:17:45 pm
The bonus game scheduling can be flexible depending on what works best for the runners;  but I'd prefer it to be no later than Sunday the 21st.
Edit history:
HappySquid: 2014-06-24 07:30:56 pm
HappySquid: 2014-06-24 07:30:44 pm
Hey guys!

Just a little heads-up regarding my time.
EDIT:
Race today, new time: 4:17:40

Next on the list ... err ... improve further!
Sry for double post, but I have a teamname suggestion LCC and I agreed on.
If FeralPigMan also agrees, our team will be (*drumrolls*) : Team Ultros Boogie!!

Wait ... you guys don't think this is the best name ever? Well, think again!
I'm officially jealous.
D R E A M T E A M

what about the FF6 Dream Oath opera?
All of my yes.
thumbsup

Just need a name for Team 2 now (or else I might just have to call it Team Calbrenhydraco Wink ).
Team Hydration doesnt sound too bad Roll Eyes
Fucking Weeaboo
Did the Team Ralse/Waterfall names get retired? Or why aren't you using them again? I mean, you are using Team Y BURN.
eLmaGus requested it and no one objected.  Idea is for names to be unique each relay depending on who's on the teams and/or what the hot new memes in the community are.
I must simply laugh.
i would settle for another name, it has to be awesome though :>
Nocash, Khobahi and myself attempted a full RTA race. FF4 won. It was pretty brutal. Here's hoping the marathon doesn't go quite that badly!