--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
puwexil: 2014-08-18 10:21:12 am
Professional Second Banana
Updated bonus game info and 1st post.

Can we get a final name for Team 2 in the next few days?  I'd prefer something other than G.O.A.T. since explaining the name's origins involves cursing (relay stream will be PG-13, like marathons are).

Any objections to the following final bonus incentives?  For incentives where ties are possible, the ties will share a place (so if the teams get 3/2/2/1 hits on Edward, the 3 will get 1st place and 4 bonus game votes, both 2's will get 2nd place and 3 votes, and the 2 will get 3rd place and 2 votes).

FF4:
# of times Tellah hits Edward
# of EGGs encountered (3x EGG battle counts as 3)

FF5:
# of turns to learn Goblin Punch (ranked highest to lowest)
# of Dark Shock misses on Gilgamesh 3 and Atomos (combined, ranked highest to lowest)

FF6:
Opera performance (as ranked by 'professional' judges - be as creative as you want to, can be team group effort)
Time to save Cid (timed from gaining control of Celes to "I feel much better" text box, ranked lowest to highest)
SPEEDruns not SAFEruns
I'd really prefer if the FF4 incentives had some sort of risk involved, these are just sit back and hope you win. I think Bacon% Zeromus and MacGiant grind fights are both very do able and add a small challenge - the only problem with Bacon% is that it could possibly miss, so there is some luck involved as well. We could even bring back the Calcabrena fight, that's a rock solid incentive, and if people decide to skip it it doesn't affect anything all that much. If you want to keep it based around RNG you could always have flare/comet on Milon/MilonZ, with rewards based on how many times the twins cast flare.

The only reason I think the two listed aren't that great (the EGG encounters wouldn't be too bad, but we should get an egg counter if it's a thing) is because they are relatively small parts of the game and could easily be missed. If you want to do anything with Edward have a Beastward incentive (person with most kills by Edward gets votes) which would also have some luck in it due to Fabul, but could be something fun. I like the idea of having SOME luck to win the incentive but not ALL luck.
Edit history:
HappySquid: 2014-08-13 04:16:34 am
HappySquid: 2014-08-11 05:15:51 am
HappySquid: 2014-08-11 05:15:37 am
HappySquid: 2014-08-11 05:15:34 am
HappySquid: 2014-08-11 05:15:33 am
From what I understood, the point of these new incentives was for them to be RNG-heavy and not be a time-investment, which makes your run slower.
I'd be fine with the FF V incentives being ranked the other way around, so you get a compensation for getting screwed by the RNG, but I don't mind either way
I'd prefer if they were all RNG based, that way it wouldn't change the run at all. But that's just me.

I bopped my PB down to 3:16:28 today, and hope to bop it a couple more times before the relay!
HappySquid is correct - my intention this time is for the incentives to basically be a random element for the bonus game selection in addition to run times and audience voting.

Maybe for a future relay we can bring back incentives with skill or risk elements, but we'd need some benefit that would make it worthwhile for the runners.  I mostly got negative feedback on having incentives subtract from the run time (made it confusing on who was actually ahead), so I'd prefer something different if we do those kinds of incentives again.
Ok, names for our team.... uh....

Moogle Charmers
Tellahtale

those were the "best" I came up with
Team Tellahthon.
Fucking Weeaboo
I still expect a Team Y BURN.
Going to go ahead and finalize the bonus incentives - I like HappySquid's idea of having the FF5 incentives be 'sympathy points' for bad RNG.
Quote from crumps2:
Ok, names for our team.... uh....

Moogle Charmers
Tellahtale

those were the "best" I came up with

How about Team BACON or Team Goggles?
Pudding%
I'm gonna put in a suggestion for Team BEAR ELEMENT
Team Tellahthon is too good though~
SOLD

I'll start shopping for team logos.
raising the stakes on being bad!
if your still looking i can help w/ commentary for FF6 i have been diving head first into sketch% and i can make myself more the familiar with any% for ff6 (which i know most of the route from watching ) by sept 13th.
I can make my self available at the end of next week sept. 1st or on twitter over the next week (going out of town and dont have half the stuff i should on my laptop)
either way good luck with the relay ill have a lot of fun watching round 2.
I made a list with every participant and commentator for the relay regarding the introduction video. I skimmed through all the individual Twitch pages and tried to gather other speedrunning projects besides the FF game the person is running. Since it is not always clear to me, which focus everyone has and since it sometimes was difficult to identify games at all (hi deln), I would like to have everyone take a second look over the following list. If there is something wrong or you want something to be changed, you can tell me within the next days.

Runner - Country - Game 1, Game 2

Dream Team:

Neerm - USA
Deln - Canada - Lufia 1, God of War: Chains of Olympus
Dreamboum - France - Dragon Quest VIII, Parasite Eve

Tellahthon:

crumps2 - USA - Chrono Trigger
Inkalex - France - Borderlands, Bastion
TheLCC - Canada - Suikoden 1, Actraiser

Ultros Boogie:

FeralPigMan - USA - Bastion, Zelda Alttp
HappySquid89 - Germany - Lufia II, Tinertia
EssentiaFour - USA - Chrono Trigger

Y Burn:

Khobahi - Canada
Jenja23 - Germany - Seiken Densetsu III, Chrono Trigger
eLmaGus - Germany - Final Fantasy Tactics, Mystic Quest

Commentary:

obdajr - Canada - Chrono Trigger
nocashnocash - USA - Final Fantasy IV diehard%
Deuceler - USA - DKC 2

puwexil - USA - Final Fantasy VI
DragondarchSDA - USA - Castlevania: Curse of Darkness

mistermv - France - Super Meat Boy
Danshow1 - Canada - Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

I would like to be finished with the video by the next week, so if you want anything to be changed, please tell me during this week Smiley
Also if I left the game section empty then the runner probably has no other speedrunning projects, in which case I am just going to have it leave empty in the video.
Pudding%
Could you change mine to Metroid Zero Mission and Crystalis?
My name is missing an r. Tongue
Not sure if you want to add this. But just started learning Star Ocean: Till the End of Time.
I'll believe Feralpigman runs LTTP when I see it.
Edit history:
puwexil: 2014-08-25 12:32:52 am
FF6 and FF7 are my main projects right now.

Also, Danshow1 isn't going to be able to commentate any more, and Brossentia will be replacing him.
I must simply laugh.
I'd rather have Lufia I and Lufia II than FFT and MQ, i worked harder on those 2 compared to FFT and MQ.
2 weeks to go!

Here's the latest progress tracker layout from Chris Hanel - let's set next Sunday (9/7) as the deadline for submitting avatar sprites (I think I just have LCC's so far), otherwise I'll pick one for you. Tongue

I must simply laugh.
should swap FuSoYa with Rubicante for FF4, looks good otherwise!

also you can pick an avatar for me im bad at this stuff anyways :p
SPEEDruns not SAFEruns
Agreed with Rubi being replaced. If you wanna throw Contra onto games I run that'd be cool too Cheesy
Quote from eLmaGus-:
should swap FuSoYa with Rubicante for FF4, looks good otherwise!

also you can pick an avatar for me im bad at this stuff anyways :p