--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Pottoww: 2013-08-14 08:11:28 pm
Pottoww: 2013-07-31 11:54:10 pm
- GoronGuy is the person I spent the most time with I believe, so shoutouts to him for bringing a lot of joy into the spare time I had. Also thank you for all you help and I appreciate everything very much.
- Shoutouts to EnNopp, Jinny and Tompa for the awesome milk-challenge. Easily the best thing I have done in a long time! Also all three of these guys are very cool guys and I am looking forward to (hopefully?) see them again next year.
- Noizeeh and ThaRixer were also both very cool guys to hang out with, thank you very much!
- CpKaka, you made much of my time away from the streaming room to a very fun time. A very cool guy who has a lot of my respect. Also thank you Cp, Jinny and GG for MP2, that was a lot of fun!
- Ozzy and Crippe really made me feel welcome and appreciated, a lot of thanks for that and you are both great guys.
- Edenal and Grukk will have one together due to their awesome hometown! And they are just as awesome themselves! Also thank you Grukk for borrowing your stuff during the marathon!
- Joshimuz, all I am saying is that as soon as I can stream I will contact you about that SM64 race! Wink
- Alko made it a very good marathon with his involvement and I really appreciate everything he did, good job, I hope to see you there next year as well!
- Flicky has proved himself being a very interesting guy to discuss and communicate with. I can't wait to talk to you again in the future.
- Bangerra, sorry for not recognizing you during my SMG2 run! I am truly ashamed of myself!
- Meridian, I promise we can take that SF64 race next year if they approve it to be in the marathon!
- Neviutz did an amazing job during the entire marathon. Thank you very much for all your involvement and the help you gave! I really hope to see you again next year!

I have probably missed one or another, but all of you guys were extremely nice to be around. Thank you all for a very successful week!
I had a most awesome week at ESA 2013 that easily exceeded all my expectations. Thanks to everybody for contributing to the casual atmospheric whole that was ESA 2013. Lots of interesting and cool speedrunners, so shoutouts to everyone there. Bigger and better in every way than ESA 2012, except that some people like ktwo and Arva weren't there, you guys were definitely missed!

I want to congratulate on a highly successful event. Special praise to all of the Ludendi crew for organizing such a grand event, and everybody involved with all kinds of set-up, streaming tech, audio, donation station, chat moderating, hiring locations, even organizing all the small stuff like breakfast etc. I probably can't imagine exactly how many hours some of you guys contributed to make ESA 2013 what it was, but I'm sure it was lots, big thanks!

Special shoutouts to dxtr, Pro JN and Svenne for being extraordinary awesome dudes bringing me lots of joy, but everybody at ESA 2013 was awesome, and I would have liked to hang out and chat more with so to speak everybody who was there. Hope to make it next year and meet up with as many as possible of you there Smiley
I'm really bad at shoutouts, because I usually forget half the people that deserve it, yet here we go:

- Ozzy for meeting us in Goteborg before the event and having an overpriced "special occasion beer"
- Neviutz for not dieing during his trip to Sweden. I felt so bad for you that the plane had such a delay.
- Jinny for inviting us post-ESA to watch some movies and awkward anime at his friend's place <3
- Svenne for using the floor to destroy the controller and not raging it out on me Wink
- Flicky for bringing some of the party-atmosphere and lending us some of those delicious grammatical english insights
- Dxtr, Joka, Kennyman, Adam, Robo, and everyone else that was nice enough to let me use their equipment. I very much appreciate it =)
- Alko for licking my arm, I haven't showered since.
- Edenal for destroying Half Life 2.. oh wait, wrong Gordon Freeman. No seriously you get all my <3
- Tompa for the sexy massages, especially with those smooth armpits
- Noizeeh for making me sleepy by just looking at you
- Crippe for his hardcore Lidl-action during the marathon
- Meridian, PartyStar, WMJ and the rest of the dutch crew for the casual talks and generally good times
- Coolkid for not recognising you at first. I feel deeply ashamed!
- Everyone else I'm not mentioning (part incompetence, part lazyness), you're still awesome!
main shoutouts to my boys dxtr & joka - you guys were fun. the various mega man races were not as fun however Lips Sealed
cpkaka - u were a great 2 player companion m8. thanks for keeping me company during the graveyard hours in the practice room.
the green room crew - darwin, adam, josh, shrimp, kotti, therio, oasiz, Pipe, S (thx for the stroopwafels)
klosty and his friend whom i cant recall the name of right now fuck - you guys entertained me with your attempts at beating smb1 and aladdin (nes)
people who let me use their equipment - dxtr, joka, charleon, adam, jinny, airrider, etholon, bangerra. thanks guys
lotblind for obvious reasons. the breakfast was great
ozzy88 & charleon - street fighter was sort of fun despite my lack of skill at it
alko (i didnt upskirt u), tompa, synj, robosparkle, sunblade, niss3, noizeeh, rueake, edenal, crippe, goronguy, bangerra, suzy, kennyman, svenne, kottpower, grokken for our brief but enjoyable conversations

fuck u flicky for insulting the glorious metroid 2 soundtrack. i still like u tho thumbsup
Only Offense Will Survive
AdamAK: Cool as always. Looking forward to see you in two weeks! Thanks for commentating my run!
A-M: It was a pleasure to meet you. I hope I was able to help you with some things in Resident Evil 4. You have to sub the two hours now. ;-)
PiPe: Really funny and nice guy. Thanks for helping me with everything in Skövde and thanks for the race!
flicky: Thanks to you, I am very interested in MGSR. Cool guy!
Edenal: Thanks for organizing this great event, great work and support! I love you man.
coolkid: It was a pleasure to see you again. Great work with Metroid 2!
TinglesPalace: We got in contact thanks to Twitter but I never talked to you at ESA lol. Funny girl, maybe we will see each other again sometimes.
Kottpower: You destroyed Super Metroid. In my opinion the best run at ESA. Great stuff!
Rest: I love you guys.
Edit history:
KVD: 2013-08-01 10:38:10 am
KVD: 2013-08-01 07:54:28 am
KVD: 2013-08-01 07:53:22 am
KVD: 2013-08-01 07:53:12 am
KVD: 2013-08-01 07:51:27 am
KVD: 2013-08-01 07:50:45 am
KVD: 2013-08-01 07:48:06 am
KVD: 2013-08-01 07:47:42 am
KVD: 2013-08-01 07:47:16 am
KVD: 2013-08-01 07:46:48 am
KVD: 2013-08-01 07:44:34 am
KVD: 2013-08-01 07:43:50 am
KVD: 2013-08-01 07:42:24 am
KVD: 2013-08-01 07:39:58 am
KVD: 2013-08-01 07:35:40 am
KVD: 2013-08-01 07:35:26 am
KVD: 2013-08-01 07:35:12 am
KVD: 2013-08-01 07:34:40 am
KVD: 2013-08-01 07:32:38 am
KVD: 2013-08-01 07:28:56 am
KVD: 2013-08-01 07:28:42 am
KVD: 2013-08-01 07:28:06 am
KVD: 2013-08-01 07:26:58 am
KVD: 2013-08-01 07:26:12 am
KVD: 2013-08-01 07:24:23 am
KVD: 2013-08-01 07:23:27 am
KVD: 2013-08-01 07:20:14 am
KVD: 2013-08-01 07:20:05 am
KVD: 2013-08-01 07:19:21 am
KVD: 2013-08-01 07:18:43 am
KVD: 2013-08-01 07:17:35 am
Well up till now I've been hesitant to do my shout-outs as I will inevitably forget people and events that I did intend to mention. But this event was too awesome and inspiring to get away without doing any shout-outs, so here it is:

First of all, I was very impressed with the amount of organization and planning that went into the event as a whole. However, easily most impressive was the sheer number of highly skilled gamers under one roof...I've been to loads of (usually more casual, though also some World Championships and stuff) games meetings, but this one was definitely up there in that respect. Especially because the skills of those present were nicely distributed over a wide variety in genres; almost everyone had their own speciality in which they were pretty much unrivalled. As a result there was something there for everyone. Because you only play 1 or a few games yourself (and mine was done 2h after the marathon started!), it feels more like you're watching the marathon than anything else. That's great though. I'm mostly echoing Flicky's sentiments that the casualness of the games room even translated into the streaming room, in there being room for frivolity and fun. All in all that really made for an enjoyable meeting/marathon. I even thought the no drinking (not even water) rule was a bit strict (when compared to other games meets I've been to), and when I found out about it, I was a bit worried that this event would be smothered in an attempt to be overly professional. Thankfully, this was not the case and not before long I even appreciated the relative strictness with the food & drinks in the venue.
So in short, big thanks to all the people involved to organize and run the ESA event (kitchen, tech/sound guys, etc. included!)

So the people:

Edenal: Awesome job, really! You of all can probably be most proud of what was achieved at ESA. Also, your Star Wars run was very enjoyable!

Svenne: Beforehand, your attitude regarding the schedule raised my eyebrows on a few occasions, but you pulled through as one of the coolest guys at the event. In hindsight I even kinda agreed with almost all the schedule decisions made. That's not important though, what's important was your attitude towards gaming and this event. You were probably the guy from which it was most radiant that you were just having loads of fun, even the epic rage quit spoke volumes of how 'into this' you really were. Keep it up! And SICK SMB2 skills!

Crippe: Like the other ESA organizers, a big thanks! I felt sorry for your tedious 'job' as key bearer, but thankfully a creative and workable solution was found for that as well.

Andreas Rudmarker: Thanks for inviting me for the event, roughly half a year ago. Well I already knew you from the MK community and we met at NLG '07 and CDM 2012. It's always a pleasure though. And thanks for the airport pick-up! Keep up the karting!

Richard Karlsson: Great seeing you again. I was most impressed with how solid you were in the MKDD race, despite the fact you literally arrived 30 minutes before and had not practiced at all in the week before. Not even a warm-up...yet you pulled sick MTs like there is no tomorrow from the word go. Just awesome! Too bad about that BC...

Martin Rudmarker: Always nice to meet another fellow karter! Good job in the beginning of the MKWii race, though your 2-player tactics need some shaving haha. Dodge those backward shells dude! Cheesy

AdamAK, Josh, Oasiz & S.: Or in other words, the GTA posse..I'm sure that does not do justice to the other games you play to a high level (Half Life 2 for S. for example), but the GTA speedrunning community is what you guys symbolized for me. And what bags of fun you guys made it! Though I am quite a GTA fan boy (I've played them all; SA even semi-religiously), I was not aware that GTA speedrunning, and what you guys are doing with it, is so exciting...Definitely an eye opener. I am strongly considering to start speedrunning a GTA game just to be part of this experience. The rocking out on Rise FM, karaoke % and especially the insane simultaneous 'voice-overs' (in lack of a better word ;D) of the cutscene and radio dialogues by Adam & Oasiz all constituted definite highlights of the event for me. And to Josh, amazing job on the live WR! I sat through most of the 6 hours run and did not even feel close to bored once. Entertaining commentary also!

Bangerra: The star of ESA 2013...if anyone. I want you to know I also played Lion King on the NES as a kid (in fact it is the second game I ever got; after SMB1). Even as a 9 year old, I remember being REALLY confused as to why the game ended after beating the monkey. I was like..."but, that's not Scar??" And that waterfall was probably my first really frustrating gaming experience...well the first of many after of course heh. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Dxtr: One of the best gamers there I'd say. Your Ninja Gaiden run was almost super natural...and nice Ninja costume!

Frezyman: GREAT SMB3 run man! I loved how you took the time to introduce yourself and the run and even ended with a small summary. More than anyone, you really (re)presented your game and its competition. Good stuff! Too bad about the hands, but there's nothing you can do about that.

GoronGuy & Enopp: Loved seeing you guys practice MM; GG's idea to play with that monstrosity of a controller definitely took some cohones. And I loved the piano playing of Ennopp. Like most people present my heart literally sank when the Wii crashed, such horrendous bad luck. It somehow turned into something positive though, as the co-op Boss fight was a spectacularly fitting end of the marathon! My hat is off for seeing the opportunity to do something that special after such a heart-crushing strike from lady luck.

Flicky: You combine a contagious enthusiasm for speedrunning with a knack for making 'our' scene sound even cooler than it already is, which is no small feat (good job on the podcast presentation)!

A-M: Another sickeningly gifted gamer, with a relaxed attitude that I can identify with. I know I'm pretty much out of highlight-credits to hand out by now, but the Metroid Prime race was another absolute pinnacle of the marathon. That goes to Dalfen as well.

Tompa, Suzie & Alko: The donation reading crew. Much appreciated and more often than not with a twist of much needed humour. Though the cause was very serious, I think it helped that it wasn't presented overly seriously. I think you hit the right balance with that, definitely. And good luck with your future experiments fellow lab rats Suzie & Alko!

Cpkaka: I have one thing to say about your SM64 skills: O_o
Also, thumbs up for trying the extra stuff suggested in the chat. Though you lost significant time with it, you also gained tons of respect for showing it off (at least in my eyes).

My fellow Dutchies: Well I already discussed how I felt about your company and runs. I think all of us did a really good job on the stream, perhaps even above expectations. I hope our little group can continue to contribute to this community and to upcoming marathons. At least our inspiration levels have spiralled through the roof as a result of this event, so I'm definitely hopeful that we can!

Everyone else: Awesome!
Edit history:
D4rw1N: 2013-08-01 05:40:45 pm
D4rw1N: 2013-08-01 05:40:11 pm
D4rw1N: 2013-08-01 05:38:00 pm
D4rw1N: 2013-08-01 05:37:58 pm
Quote from S.:
Darwin: Pleasure t... Whatever, you're not reading this anyway.

Oh you might just be wrong about that! Please t... you as well! Smiley

Not gonna try and top anyone else but I'll manage to make a couple of shoutouts at least. ESA2014 I'll really have to try and get out of green room more often so that the next time I'm making this shoutout list it'll be longer!

S.: Please to meet you! (I finished your sentence, you're welcome) It was awesome actually meeting up after all these years and god dammit you looked nothing like I imagined (rather nothing like the only picture I've ever seen of you).

Pipe: Such an awesome dude with one of the best laughs I've ever heard!

Flicky: You stole my french fries, as well as my heart. Hope we'll meet up some other time again! (And yes, the videos are coming. I thought I transferred the files to my external hard drive from the laptop, that isn't mine, but apparently I didn't so it's coming eventually!)

Adam_AK: Oh god where to start, all I knew about you was that you were in the Left 4 Dead runs. But now I know you're a love-able, somehow not British, awesome and funny as hell guy. Miss you already along with all the guys from greenroom! (also your shoutout at AGDQ was beautiful <3)

Leftbracket: For sure the coolest Swede at ESA (except for me obviously)! All jokes aside though, thanks a bunch for driving us everywhere, loaning me some cash and just being a great guy in general to talk to!

Oasiz: Such an awesome person that it was nice finally meeting in person after so long, had great conversations with you and you always made me laugh. Looking forward to meeting you again dude!

Robosparkle: We didn't talk much but I appreciated the time you spent in green room, your laugh helped all the YouTube vids we watched become funnier!

Quadrazid: Nice meeting you again!

Coolkid: Nice meeting you again, and you're extra awesome for spending more time in green room!

Shrimp: You're a super cool guy with an awesome accent, top tier green room person!

Neviutz: Also for sure a top tier green room person, and as always... NEV!!! NEV NEV NEV NEEEEV!!

Theriooo: Another cool guy that I'm happy was one of the few smokers at ESA, we had an awesome cigarette butt throwing contest as well!

Joshimuz: Wish I would've seen more of you in green room but still, very nice indeed to meet you, you're a cool guy!

Cool British dude being in green room and smoking with me: I'm soooo sorry but I just never could fucking memorize your nickname for whatever reason. You know you're a cool dude though, it was nice having you in green room!

Kotti: Just an overall great guy, it was always nice talking to you!

Sunblade: Really nice meeting you, thanks for giving me some of your fanta!

Arrangers: I had high expectations of ESA (never been to any kind of speedrunning marathon/event before) and still you managed to BLOW those expectations away! Many many thanks for all your hard work, making this such an awesome experience that I hope will be equally awesome next year! See you then! (And Edenal, don't worry, you won't have to tell us to clean up green room all the time next year. We'll do it ourselves, we learned our lesson! happy)

Xebaz: Fuck you.

This became so much longer than I thought it would be when starting to write the post, but surely there's people I forgot so sorry about that! You know who you are though at least! See you next year folks!
Only Offense Will Survive
Please dont mind that I did not mention a lot of runners. I cant recall most of the names. Sad

I love you all!
The Duce
Thanks to the Ludenditeam for bringing back this ESA a second time and to all the nice atendees that I met and spoke to. A little embarassing though, that I dont know all the names of the people I met, but then there were many new ones attending. I also thnak everyone in the thread for the shoutouts and I will post some shoutout myself, once I'm done with my shoutout list to this thread. I will also add pictures to it
meh
Well, I would just like give everyone shout out and lots of love. Just like last year it was a big pleasure to host an event with such great people, and as long as you all had fun then I'm happy. Sadly I didn't get to hang out with many of you, but I'm hoping to change that for the next year.

Quote from bangerra:
- Crippe for his hardcore Lidl-action during the marathon

Haha, yeah working for 4-8h a day during ESA was no walk in the park. Hopefully they will let me keep both my Grill Meister t-shirts.

But anyways, thank you everyone for being so cool and making this such a fun event. Main focus for me next year will be to get a better sleeping place, because screw being a key master.
Well its understandable that not many said anything about me, I'm usually in the background.

I made a post on our nintendo record forum that i wanted to write here as well.

I wanted to thank everyone that has been a part of ESA in one way or another,
whether you where at the event or not.

Everyone of you who contributed to this event deserves the greatest thanks
and I hope you all already know this.

You all gave me as a viewer on the event 7 days (+ bonus) of
pure heaven and a lot of really nice memories.

Now we just have 365 ish days till our next get together,
and I already know that it will be even greater then this year.

Our first year was a success but this year was an explosion!
An explosion in viewers on the stream and an explosion on people donating to
the cause.

I cant wait to see what the third year of ESA will bring to the table,
even if its a roughly year from now I'm already exited.

Thank you yet again you are the greatest people there is.

I wanted to write this thank you under the ESA part of SDA forum as well
but sadly I'm not a member of that forum so if you meet people
from ESA that's not on this forum, feel free to forward my greatest thanks.

Thank you

Curseddolls

To robo sparkle I know I didn't get to say good bye to you when I left,
I did not have the heart to wake you up where u where sleeping.

And to everyone else I don't want to mention names cues most of the names I usually don't remember.
But every single one of you have earned a special place in my heart, I love you all so vastly much
and I cherish every moment we get together like this. Thank you all for giving me my time of my life.

Right now I'm working trying to see if I can learn a game myself and maybe be able to play at next years ESA.
You know I wana be one of you cool guys.. Wink

So hopefully maybe MAYBE I will be in that red coach next year and play my own game.

Thank you all!

Curseddolls
Infinite Combo
Borrowing the list Flicky made!

AdamAK - we need to get PSO going for next marathon! we don't spend enough time, hope surströmming didn't scare you from sweden haha. hope to see you at agdq? Smiley
Bangerra – Yup awkward and silly anime night. but we should def. spend more time next time more ninja gaiden shadow <3
and Shoutouts to Lion King ahahahahah!
Suzy – Really enjoyed your company, hopefully next year you have a game to run? Smiley
TimpZ – Pro på Sonic som alltid. mer smash nästa gång fan! sen kanske ja borde testa S3nK haha. <3
DrSynj – We didn't hang that much this time man, but the lasagna was AAMAZING <3
RoboSparkle – We didn't spend much time either there was so many new ppl to hang around with, great MGS run, I didn't know you ran that game. Smiley
iMysty – You wot YOU WOT! sup. easter hype also. more Mario Party and more MEAT BOY!!!! <3 miss ya bro!

S. – EEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! we should hang more. and I should play OctoDad hahaha stilll haven't tried it!
Tompa - sparar massa frames till dig <3 Wand of Gamelon är svårt :x
Kaoribuns – TRYCK TILL FÖRFAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FISKSHOT O GREJERRRR!!!
ProJN – bra att kötta Hacken där. du får lära mig Zelda 2 är rätt nyfiken på liret Smiley
Dxtr – NINJA GAYDEN!!! nästa gång så racear vi i alla tre spelen. DIRR! OOOHBAAAA
Edenal – Bra arrangerat, det är så mkt jobb bakom kulisserna för detta!
Tingle – Why am I your father again ;_;
CursedDolls –tyst som alltid, hoppas du pratar mer och kanske spelar nåt nästa år Smiley
Joshimuz – We didn't talk much but hopefully next time Smiley
Charleon – Det är svårt med Maxim och Street Fighter Grin
Flicky -  Missed ya man, next time tho, workout for REAL! #teamfit
A-M – SACREBLEU!!! good job for being so loved , such a handsome man haha, I am not used to french greeting great job this time too man <3 hope we meet next year too and I can finish any% oot haha
Pottow – synd där med SMG2 asså, men förhoppnings vis gåre bättre nästa år! vi borde tjöta o hänga mer nästa år, grattis till vinster i Mjölk halsar tävlingen! även om ja med salt vill säga att vi borde Tie'at haha.
GoronGuy – Taggad som få, saknar dej brush, but yeah, awesome OOT run, Unbuffered prostrats all the way. also, don't forget to do that Low% you promised me Wink
Svenne – ZZZZVENNNEEEE tagggad eller? synd där med TaleSpin men bra jobbat annars, tagga till nu!
Arctic_Eagle – Sykt Morsomt og Kjempedaerligt! bra kjempe og så. good shit on NInja Gaiden and Zelda II man
Coolkid – Kul att du taggade till ESA mannen, vi hängde inte så mkt, BIG RESPECT till din förmåga att strike chain'ea så mkt i MMX2 asså. swag föfan. bra jobbat på Metroid II med!
Joka – Kingen föfan, tack för att du gjorde swagstrats på maratonet <3 hoppas vi kan hänga mer nästa gång. Smiley
Frezy – Swede of Speed, Legenden, mannen, myten, Sub 11 osv <3 kul att du kom förbi och köttade SMB3 asså. miss you bro <3 come back to MMX!
Kotti – MIKSI TE PELAATTE TOTÄ PASKA PELIÄ!? Dark Souls was... hype XD <3 haha too bad you're quitting
oazis -  paska peli, we should hang more next time too, great work at tech station and helping with setups and so on.
shoutouts to your scaler<3
Wery – Vi hängde inte så mkt, hoppas alla dina runs gick bra!
ThaRixer – Beste danske. had fun hanging with you and our crew!
Rozer – Juggling% we should def spend more time gaming next year! shoutouts to getting that new route on the spot!
Noizeeh – Äkta Pojke, sov mer. bra run föfan. Donald var på stigen.
Niss3 – Taggad igen, hoppas runsen gick bra, fick inte sett mkt.. helt omöjligt att se alla ;__;
Ozzy88 - Därja, Revenge från förra året. Rättvist!
eTholon – Heard you were totally on fire for Qube!
Pipe – JEBEMTI KURATS!" .. I shouldn't say that, but the look on your face.. hilarious! Splinter Cell Conviction Hype!
Neviutz – Was is deine verifiktetz spiel man? haha, good stuff, lol@Sena and I missed everyrun haha Sad I'm going to germany this fall!
SorkSorkSork – Lugn nu.
Kottpower – Taggad som fan, bäst på Super Metroid som det ska VA! snart lär ja mig och taggar WR!

Mario Kart crew (Rudmarker, Druvan7,bogjavel): Tagga till föfan, gymma nästa gång! bar jobbat på WR Andreas!

Dalfen - Stilig som fan ba o kötta WR i Otogi! bra skit!
mrhazuki -  ooohhbbaaa Imba Jåååshiii. learn MGS for next year bro! you can doo iit COMBOOOOOOO!
Ennopp112 - ja du inte så stilig på Mjölk Drickandet där inte ;). pretty awesome anyway! we gotta Hang out more next time, STAHP SLEEPING AT DAY TIME lmao haha
if I missed ppl I am sorry I had to rush-write this!

<3
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
*coughs* tätä peliä, isn't it? */coughs*

I knew I missed someone.
Shoutouts to the guy with those awesome spiral earrings. Write me down your name, so I can remember it ^^'
Quote from IrregularJinny:
CursedDolls –tyst som alltid, hoppas du pratar mer och kanske spelar nåt nästa år Smiley

Talk to me and I usually talk back, I'm often to shy of me to talk up space.. Smiley
And yes hopefully you will see me at that red coach next year playing my game.. Lets cross our fingers!
Right now I'm training everyday a roughly 5-8+ hours each day. ^^
take not talk.. cant edit my post >_>
Edit history:
ThaRixer: 2013-08-06 08:22:24 pm
Dog
- Cypryss, made me want to go to ESA back in november, i spent a ton of time with you, thanks for ordering the cabin and also, remove mullet man i can't see EnNopp!
- Buffseagull, even though you were sick most of the time, i'm glad we had a fun time with the multiplayer CTR stuff etc. And thanks for paying the taxi for the most part
- Noizeeh, im glad i got you to go, in the beginning i didn't think you would have time to learn KH2 by the time we got to ESA. You surprised me with how good you got so fast, i'm glad i got to hang out and share cabin with you
- Markhest, Best introduction ever! RIXER! *Spills coke* In all reality you were awesome, and i'm glad i got to meet you, stay more days next year!
- PeteThePlayer, Besides the fact that you kicked my ass in Crash 2, i'm glad you showed up, thanks for the race. I'll do better next year if we do play Crash 2 again Tongue
- Jinny, Thanks for making fun of me when i can't understand swedish :(, i hung out with you a lot more than i thought i would, and im glad i did, you knew all the good pizza places and i really enjoyed conversations with you.
- Rozer, you were the first person who actually showed me around, had a blast meeting, and thanks for the commentary on my runs you. I'm sorry i took the Jak 1 disc Sad i can send it in the mail!
- iMysty, You have some of the best humour man, also THAT mashing minigame, you pretty much wrecked us all. Let me play Meat Boy on your Xbox next year!
- Pottoww, Really awesome dude, you were the last person i said goodbye to when i left the train station BibleThump
- GoronGuy, Most of our conversations were when we were both extremely tired haha, i hope i'll see you again next year man
- EnNopp, I'm glad i actually convinced you to go, you are the new beast at octodad. I'm glad you participated and i hope to see you next year
- Flicky, You are really easy to talk to! And yes help me get rid of this accent. Although admit it, it's better than a danish one.
- Rueake, Showed me very interesting games/runs i didn't know about
- Joshimuz, Really chill dude, you'll sub 6 one day dont worry Tongue
- eTholon, Congrats, QUBE is now the most hype game on earth. Great finally meeting you, also THE BOUNCE PogChamp
- S, I'm sad i left you so early, but i'll get more time to meet you next year
- Svenne, for passing out in the best places
- Oasiz, Adam and Pipe for being great Cabin neighbours :3, and thanks for having chat up during MMX Pipe
- Dxtr, for letting me beat Batman on his NES
- Bangerra, We had a lot of great conversations, did Skateboar make it into bonus? Cheesy
- Cpkaka, OpieOP
- Shrimp, talked to you a lot more than i thought i would!
- Neviutz, Forbidden Memories
- Edenal, For organizing Smiley

- Sartharian, Noobest and Xebaz, come next year for christ sake!
Hopefully i forgot none
Infinite Combo
Quote from ThaRixer:
- Jinny, Thanks for making fun of me when i can't understand swedish :(, i hung out with you a lot more than i thought i would, and im glad i did, you knew all the good pizza places and i really enjoyed conversations with you.

ey no hard feelings bro? we should race KH2 whenever I get a PC again haha.. and I need to fix teamspeak
MY TURN!

I'm not complaining about that social handicap card that all Finns are dealt at birth Smiley No pressure about making this the shoutout it ought to be!

Curseddolls - I thought you were a really nice person and I had a very good time talking to you on various occasions!

Kitchen people - Thanks for all your help! It was fun doing breakfast with the people volunteering for that and thanks also for everyone keeping the coffee table running or preventing massive piles of dishes to accumulate. Rozer's sleep deprivation made breakfast with him an adventure in an of itself. I wonder if he even remembers... I present a hopefully almost complete list of everyone who had kitchen duties this year:

raphioli
mrniacin & winkl0r <--- remember the "zero"
ozzy88
zwajken
emanuel (aka seraph I think)
partystar
KVD
therio
WMJ
Rueake (got there in the end with your nick!)
ethonol (don't blame me for calling you "ethanol"!)
S
grokken
shrimp
cruxit
buffseagull
cyprys
rozer
kennyman666
meridian
timpz (i don't remember if you did anything this year but you mentioned you could help next year)
drsynj - one of the people I observed practicing benevolence in the form of communal cookery

So as you can see I got to meet lots of people despite devoting a lot of time to kitchen work. Next year things will be better organized and I will be left with even more time for even more people & runs.

-Kotti & Oasiz - now I've met a few Finnish runners! Oasiz even runs a game I know.
-all the PC runners (brothers unite!)
-everyone demonstrating their games and answering my questions about them in the practice room! (including AdmiralSmiths, WMJ, S, cruxit and the Prime runner whose name is forgotten)
-everyone who came from a way way! you guys are awesome for making it a truly international event!
-alko - ...but where was all your Finnish :)? we only converse in Finnish next year (puhu suomea prkl!)
-tompa - the backscrub was yust fantastic! we're racing God of Thunder in 2039. good luck with the BB tas!

etc... you know who you are! <--- cheap ass finish (finnish)
Edit history:
Niss3: 2013-08-09 01:37:59 pm
Showing you how to PWN games!
My biggest shoutouts to LotBlind, S., Grukk and Charleon! I'm really impressed with your contributions! You really saved me from insomnia!

Lots of praise to Alko, Tompa and everyone who helped out with the donations! Incredible dedication! You should have more special drinks and pepperoni pizza deliveries, you're all worth it!

Kudos to those who helped me and Crippe to survive through the "keyshifts"!

Cheers RoboSparkle! We enjoyed the remnants :>

Shoutouts to everyone that in one way or another helped out with factotum! Many a little makes a mickle!
Firstly i'd like to give a massive thank you to all the organisers and people who put in work so this meet up could happen, I didn't get a chance to talk to many of you since you all seemed so busy all the time, but each and every one of you seemed like great guys. Hopefully next year we can spread the workload more! Now onto the personal shout outs!

DRSynj - Big thanks for organising the whole trip for the Brit Brigade, and for going easy on me in Tekken Tag. Stop wandering off on your own though! Tongue
iMysty - Great guy, really can't thank you enough for driving me into Birmingham after Ryanair screwed me over. I'm sure you'll find that Vanilla Coke Zero next year.
Rozer - Couldn't have asked for a better travel buddy, made the trip to ESA much more fun, especially your idea to set up the PS2 in the train station.
Cyprys - Didn't hang out with you as much as i'd have liked but you seem like a really chill guy. Love the mullet.
Therio - Was really cool to see you in person, had lots of fun hanging out even though we never got round to our World of Illusion co-op. I'm glad you managed to run SADX, was real entertaining!
Cruxit - Best co-op partner, finding TJE glitches within minutes of playing. We probably shouldn't play Munchkin again though.
Adam - Thanks for organising most of the midnight pranks, they kept everyone awake and in good spirits through the night. All of those sonic videos were certainly something as well. Cheesy
Oasiz - I laughed my ass off every time you put on a funny voice. Thanks for letting us use your power adapter and saving the Toki blind race, and gratz on being the only one able to complete the final stage in Michael Jackson's Moonwalker.
Pipe - Such a friendly guy, I always enjoyed hanging out and chatting with you. You also gave the best goodbye hug. Cheesy
Left Bracket - Always had a great time hanging out with you in the green room. Not sure whether I should thank or curse you for bringing the Surströmming. It was definitely an experience!
D4rw1N - Super cool dude, the green room just wasn't the same after you left.
S - Awesome guy, why is your name so fun to shout?! Worms was good even though I sucked pretty hard at it. You definitely had the best hair at ESA.
Kotti - Such a friendly and cool guy, had a brilliant time chilling out with you and going on food runs at crazy hours. Hopefully you won't have Dark Souls to worry about next year and you can get some more rest! (it was still my favourite run)
Sork - Didn't get a chance to talk to you, but your Dark Souls performance was definitely a highlight for me.
Neviutz - Thanks for sitting on the couch and relaying questions during the Toejam and Earl race. You're a really cool dude, and pretty kawaii too. Wink
TimpZ - I had the best time hanging out and playing video games with you. Hit the Ice was especially funny. No idea how you made it to the park after being awake for so long, but i'm glad you did! I'm still impressed by your rolling down hill and sprinting performances.
RoboSparkle - Such a nice guy, thanks for sharing out your whiskey and bringing Munchkin. Your wartime Brit impersonation at the park had me in stitches. Cheesy
Bangerra - Really cool guy with loads of entertaining runs. Having so much fun racing blind games with you now.
Flicky - What a guy. Your impromptu group work out and trip to the park really helped bring everyone together.
eTholon - Your Toki blind race was a thing of beauty, had a great time hanging out with you.
CoolKid - Only saw you a little, but you're definitely an awesome dude.
Alko - Didn't talk much with you, but playing Munchkin on the last day was awesome.
ThaRixer - I really enjoyed learning about CTR and Crash 2 from you, my favourite part being the trick names, what was it? "The Eternal Undying Radiant Flame of the Ancients". Oh yeah it's "Big Boy Boost". Tongue
Noizeeh - Thanks for filming us eating the Surströmming, now I can relive the painful memory any time I wish! :p Would have been nice to hang out with you more, you seemed a really fun guy.
Soniku - Had lots of fun gaming with you, that cat in Wario Ware likes you way too much.
Sunblade - Resi 4 is one of my favourite games, really enjoyed watching you run it.
Meridian Prime - Watching you struggle through Toki was a great introduction to ESA. Cheesy

If I missed anyone i'm really sorry, there just wasn't enough time in the day to get to know all the amazing people who attended, hopefully I can make up for it next year. Smiley

Bonus shoutouts to the drunken Skövde native who followed Me, Kotti, Cruxit, Therio and Nev for like 10 blocks from the petrol station at 4am.
Quote from LotBlind:
Curseddolls - I thought you were a really nice person and I had a very good time talking to you on various occasions!

I never got to show/make you the dinner we where talking about that day,
maybe next time if you are going for 2014.. Grin
Niss3, you're one of the people (alongside the whole lot of the organizing team!) that I KNOW I left without mention. I guess it was just too obvious Smiley Thanks for organizing such a beautiful event! Niss3 I think you took out more trash than anyone else combined Tongue
Quote from Alko:

Shoutouts to the guy with those awesome spiral earrings. Write me down your name, so I can remember it ^^'

That would be me I think? Wink

My turn to thank people!

First, thanks to everyone who were there, even if we didn't talk anything and I just saw you sleeping on the couches! That added so much to the atmosphere! THANKS!

Edenal - Thanks for being there when the stream needed it, and for being such a cool dude! Also thanks for helping me beat Contra III! The Disney block was one of my favourite blocks, and your Star Wars run was a awesome first game in that block! Also Go Dolan!
Crippe - Awesome to finally meet you! Kudos for doing so much for the event while working on lidl! You were always tired, so sleep dammit!  Also happy birthday Crippe!
Niss3 - My audio sensei! Thanks for everything, it was so much fun working with you, and I hope you got some sleep, eventhough you always were awake around 6am!
Charleon - Being my partner in audio (crime)! For always being so energetic and also always willing to help! Next ESA or before, you need to teach me CV:HoD Maxim%!
Ozzy - First I just want to say, Good Morning! And thanks for being awesome and for all the chats while hanging in the kitchen area!
Alko - At least I don't forget you Wink Awesome job on donation comment reading! I want to see stats on who read how many donation comments! I think you and Tompa will top the chart! Thanks for a very entertaining Goof Troop-run with Edenal!
Tompa - Thanks for being you! It was awesome listening to you talkinge about TASing and for lending your blanket to people in need! Not so much thank for pouring water on me when I was awake!
Neviutz - Sadly I didn't catch as much of your runs as I wanted it was really awesome meeting you and I really enjoy your stream post-ESA, didn't know about it before!
Bangerra - Tanks for fantastic runs of good and bad games! Your Castle of Illusion run was my favourite! Now I really need to get a SMS to play that game! Also thanks for being such a chill dude!
Suzy - It was really nice to talk about good music with you! In general, chatting with you was very enjoyable!
Oasiz - I could listen to you talking about, hardware, the demoscene and all that jazz in ages, it's really awesome and important to have such a knowlegeable guy on a event like this! Thanks for being a Edenal stand-in when he was asleep!
Rueake - Thanks for showing me the very special game Body Harvest! I really hope your dream will be reality soon, a Body Harvest run with all the awesome skips! Go Cactus skip!
Jinny - Your runs were amazing, your enthusiasm is inspiring! Really nice chatting to you! Awesome milk chugging!
GoronGuy - For being such a chill dude, and the finale was so epic, AdamAK's controller, two players one controller was such a good way of ending ESA 2013. Your Pokemon Snap run was also really entertaining!
Ennopp - The vampire, I didn't see you that much since you were asleep during the days! But when you were away it was really nice talking to you! Need to step up your milk chugging skills though!
Frezy_Man - It was so much fun just watching you practice your runs! Thanks for letting me commentate during your Contra run! I was so nervous, but I think it went fine! Awesome run, evenyough Stage 1 Boss didn't give you a good pattern! Your SMB3 run was the opposite, so clutch beginning and an unfortunate ending, still really good runs! Hope you can get your record back in both Contra and SMB3, I know you can get them, if you want to!
Svenne - Thanks for being such a charismatic guy, on and off stream! Your enthusiasm is great for the future of speedrunning!
Pro_JN - I didn't watch the Zelda Race, but watching you playing Shadow of Night was a blast. So sad I had to go get something to eat and that made me miss you beating it! Awesome job nevertheless!
Dxtr - Thanks for all runs! Watching you play Shadow of Night especially since it was right after watching Pro_JN play. Watching you play CV and metroid was really fun, and it made me certain that I won't touch Metroid if speedrun is in the same sentence! You are Batman!
Grokken - For being a really nice guy with a pretty awesome nickname. We are not the same person! Awesome that you got some stream time too!
Joka - Awesome to have a real norrlänning so far south in Sweden! Awesome runs, cool guy = success! Go Capcom games!
Pottoww - The star fox guy himself! Thanks for the very entertaining runs, I missed SMG2, but I really enjoyed watching you practice that game! Go Söderhamn! Even though it's a crappy town...
Curseddolls - A pleasure to meet you, good to have other people that didn't run a game as well Wink
AdamAK - Thanks for really good runs, good commentary and for being a awesome guy! Hope you'll sleep for a couple of weeks after ESA, SGDQ and that sonic event as well!

I probably missed alot of people I talked to, I'm sorry! Thank you all, for amazing runs, volunteer work, or just for being awesome people!

/ The guy with the spiral ear-thingies, Grukk!

Edit history:
Partystar: 2013-08-11 06:24:13 am
Partystar: 2013-08-11 06:22:56 am
Partystar: 2013-08-10 08:26:49 pm
Partystar: 2013-08-10 08:25:29 pm
Partystar: 2013-08-10 08:24:19 pm
Partystar: 2013-08-10 08:23:18 pm
Partystar: 2013-08-10 08:21:50 pm
Hi  guys. I had a really good time and ESA is definitely one of the highlights of all (gaming) events I've visited in my life. The atmosphere was very very good. I really felt at home among everyone. When I got home, I really missed you all around me. ESA really made me very enthusiastic for gaming again. And me and the other dutchies are planning to have more meetings/ streamsessions. I hope to attend next year's ESA. My shoutouts goes to you all, and thank you ESA crew for organizing this great event! ESA has a very good spirit and I hope it stays that way!

Edit: Also, I kept hearing the ending tune of Mega Man X  in my head, also when I got back home. I forgot how awesome it was.
Edit history:
Joka: 2013-08-12 02:27:11 am
Personal text
Shoutouts to everyone at ESA, you guys were all awesome!

Special shoutouts to:
Svenne - For getting me to sign up for the event in the first place.
Edenal and Crippe - For helping me get to the event Tongue
Dxtr - For being a really nice guy! ..despite beating me in the Nemo-race Cry Also sat on the couch for all my runs Smiley
Coolkid - Entertained me with Mega Man runs and various glitches in other, quite broken, games Tongue Also thanks for commentating my MM5 run, it calmed me down somewhat.
Bangerra - Thanks for commentating CnD Smiley
Jinny - For making me do at least some swag-strats. It was very close to go horribly wrong in MM5 though Tongue Sorry I missed all of your runs.
All the other guys I talked to and forget the names of and that watched me practice for some reason Smiley

//Joka

Quote from Grukk:
Joka - Awesome to have a real norrlänning so far south in Sweden! Awesome runs, cool guy = success! Go Capcom games!

The only real norrlänning there! Dxtr only thinks he's one.

Quote from coolkid:
the various mega man races were not as fun however Lips Sealed

The Mega Man races were a thing of beauty

Quote from bangerra:
- Dxtr, Joka, Kennyman, Adam, Robo, and everyone else that was nice enough to let me use their equipment. I very much appreciate it =)

You touched my stuff!?