Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Svenne: 2012-05-30 03:32:50 am
Svenne: 2012-05-29 04:01:17 pm
Svenne: 2012-05-29 03:53:41 pm
Svenne: 2012-05-29 03:50:46 pm
Smörgåsbord
I will be doing two games on the marathon, Super Mario Bros. 2 and North & South and this is my progress so far!

Super Mario Bros. 2 (PAL) Any% - I got 10:43 in a SRL race using SDA rules. We have put the time-limit to 20 minutes so this should not be a problem. Also, SMB2 will be a race between me and dxtr! thumbsup

North & South (PAL) - I have two verifyed times on this game on TG, both under 3 minutes. Putting the time-limit to 10 minutes should allow me to complete the game even if marathon luck sets in.

I put most of my games on on the bonus-stream because I feel I can only give these 2 games speedrunning justice!
Thread title:  
I can't stream my Kamikaze run yet since my capture card won't take it. Also I did some IL's (about 1/3 of the game) that went pretty good but realised that the rom I was using for those is ever so slightly different from my console, mostly in positioning of stuff like start positions.

Also there's the mentioned game breaking glitch but I'll see what I can do about that and also develop a safe method for killing the boss. He should be relatively easy.

Other than that there's not much more to say. I've played through it a couple of times and 20 minutes is my best so far and I was mostly goofing off (going for 2 frame perfect jumps right after each other and if you fail one then you fail both). The reason I haven't developed this game that much yet is time factors and studies but hang in there.

For the Sonic 3 & K I've learned quite a bit. I've gotten just under 55 for a full run at best (from about 2-3 weeks ago?) but I should be able to get under 50 easily if my luck just improved and I didn't reset the first level all the time for getting over 53 seconds or something. Also I've improved a lot on the IL's but there's still 3 tricks that is semi-random. I had a run going for just above 50 but then Robotnik trolled me when I wanted to get a quick kill with 6 hits before he starts flying after the final boss. I will definitely improve this in the coming weeks.

Pikmin. I played it twice, found some strats that didn't save any time at all and then still got one 12 day run and one 11 day.

So yea, that's my starting point.
Edit history:
KennyMan666: 2012-05-30 09:41:43 am
Precursor
Since I got my Dazzle yesterday I will hopefully have the SDA record soon, if anyone cares about Duo Princess I can stream that easily, but Scott Pilgrim I don't really have any means of capturing from home. Because I don't think that is going to look anywhere near not shitty if I try the Dazzle.

(okay, yeah, when I wrote this I forgot that I HAVE the SDA record on Ufouria, but that's an old and shit any% run. It will be improved to a sub-40 minute run once I'm done with the 100%.)
Edit history:
dxtr: 2012-05-30 03:44:03 am
Speedrunner
Havent had any luck finding an apartment. So there hasnt been any training for me whatsoever. Only on emulator.

In about 3-4 weeks i can start training and hopefully be on par with the deadlines i have chosen for the marathon. SMB2 is gonna be tricky since i only have the NTSC-version of the game, but i dont think there is any different between ntsc/pal. Only speed.

Im still a bit worried for Ghosts n Goblins, Metroid and Battletoads. Good thing we have those breakers for lost time ;);)
Edit history:
Crippe: 2012-05-30 12:47:24 pm
meh
I will start out easy with some Shadowgate practice tonight (will edit this post with videolink). I'm gonna try a new route that will hopefully shave of a minute on my PB. I'm also gonna stop playing the US version and start learning the Swedish version again (menus are hard when the item names aren't the same :p)

Edit: well...I did two runs using the new route, and during my final run I was close to my PB (which is on the NTSC version). So this route looks promising. All I need to do is get used to the menues, itemspots and lag Smiley

link to the video: http://www.twitch.tv/ludendi/b/319841076
Here's some Cv:HoD Maxim Any% practice. Not doing that well but would also use the savepoint at a marathon so should be good, just need to practice some right before the marathon. Also at the marathon I'd need to get used to the real deal, but shouldn't be too much of a problem I'm assuming.

Video link: http://sv.twitch.tv/ozzy__88/b/319843377
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
I solemnly swear, I am up to no good … xD, no actually to set up my DVD recording something and start recording the odd practise run. Problem here with me and Edenal is of course, we can only practise our gameplay so well but we will certainly do grinding till we fall over on location (which is why our run should be late in schedule ;)).
I also haven't actively practised since April (Oh my god, why did I have to open the textfile to see that? xD) but my last times were (backwards, latest first) 31:57, 32:34, 33:21, 31:41. Minutes, in case you were wondering Wink .
Gonna get that SNES calculating, soon ^__^
Magical. Flying. Bathtub
Well, Arkham City I have the record in for Hard mode no Catwoman, going to stream an attempt at NG+ with Catwoman to see how that goes... http://www.twitch.tv/robo_sparkle

Arkham Asylum, my last game on that was about three weeks ago and I got about 2 1/2 hours, so that needs some work.

Fantastic Dizzy I need to find my route notes (and also pray that I backed them up before my laptop died) but I had a quick go without them and got 1:09:23

James Pond 2 my best on the emulator is just under 35 minutes, my best on the Mega Drive is about 48 minutes but I haven't timed a Mega Drive run recently

James Pond 3 and 1 I actually haven't played since April scarily enough, but I'll have a go on them soon and post some times.
Edit history:
TimpZ: 2012-06-05 09:06:21 pm
TimpZ: 2012-06-05 08:12:13 pm
TimpZ: 2012-06-05 08:10:57 pm
TimpZ: 2012-06-05 08:10:36 pm
I'll stream some Sonic until Nintendo E3 starts, then I'll stream a bit after too. The page is http://www.twitch.tv/primat91

EDIT: Didn't stream after, was too tired, but here's some gameplay:
http://www.twitch.tv/primat91/b/320447138

Don't mind the splits. Maybe I even could beat them glitchless if I really wanted to but that's my record for the full route as of a few weeks ago although I have gotten a 52 since then when I didn't record. I'm usually 3-4 minutes or so ahead when I get lucky with CN and IC though and I have finally learned the LR2 Boss Skip :D.
Did some SotN attempts yesterday, I got a run that was 5sec slower then my personal best BUT it beat my RTA-time, lol. After that I had a run that was almost on-par. Since I can't see my in-game time unless I beat the best time I have for the month, I don't have an exact time.

After those attempts my arm was sad so I played a bunch of other games and such...derp.
Magical. Flying. Bathtub
Arkham City NG+ with Catwoman Clocked in at just over 2hr 15min RTA although that was the first time I've played Catwoman (or NG+) in a while, so I would expect that to drop before August.  I also tried a run with a few sidequests added in (Riddler Hostages, Bane, Mad Hatter, Nora Fries, Crime Alley, Harley's Revenge) for possible donation incentives (and to see how easily they can be integrated into a run).  I'll have to go through to find out exactly how much time each one added individually but the total for NG+ with Sidequests was about 2hr 55min RTA and Harley's Revenge came to an additional 25 mins.  Probably time to move on to other games tbh...
Edit history:
TimpZ: 2012-06-06 05:50:33 pm
Nice, I got 46:57, that even beats mike's time last agdq Wink

EDIT
Video:
http://www.twitch.tv/primat91/b/320593039 part 1
http://www.twitch.tv/primat91/b/320592743 part 2

Two parts because twitch divided the video at 2 hours :/...
Smörgåsbord
Looking good you guys! I got 11:18 on SMB2 one day ago, nothing special.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Half the Goof Troop crew on extreme marathon luck (honesty, safe strats half the time because no lives left …) and I still got 32:25 min … I'm not worried about this, only about connecting the two Wink
Edit history:
DRsynj: 2012-06-09 03:39:17 pm
DRsynj: 2012-06-09 03:38:49 pm
DRsynj: 2012-06-09 03:38:46 pm
Reverse Death Valley Bomb
I'm just about to start a Final Fantasy XIII-2 Any% run. I would really like sub 3:40 but I wont be able to really gain time until 3 hours in. but hey, practice is practice Tongue feel free to come watch at www.twitch.tv/drsynj

edit: Just finished the run, got 3:53:10... Not what I was hoping for at all, especially considering I do this run pretty frequently! What's awesome, though, is that I gained a healthy amount of time in places I didn't think I would, so as long as I get good luck I think I'm moving closer and closer to that unworldly 3:30 mark. BUT ANYWAY, as for marathon stuff; I'm pretty sure that was about as bad a run can go in terms of luck and I still got sub 4, so this time is certainly within the realm of my submitted time (including credits.)
Edit history:
TimpZ: 2012-06-17 03:54:34 pm
TimpZ: 2012-06-11 07:07:48 pm
TimpZ: 2012-06-11 07:01:41 pm
Dalfen would like to report that he got 1:35 in-game on pal (choice version) today and he thought it was quite improvable. He also got a 1:37 just before that one. For reference nate got 1:31 on ntsc (1.0 or whatever it's called) when he was on agdq

EDIT:

Some videos of a random run he did. He got 1:40 in game on pal
http://en.twitch.tv/dalfen/b/321659519
http://en.twitch.tv/dalfen/b/321661874
Edit history:
dxtr: 2012-06-15 12:05:09 pm
Speedrunner
Havent been playing for 1 month or so.

Ninja Gaiden
Attempt 1: 16:37 - 5 deaths Sad
Attempt 2: 15:13 - 3 deaths

Battletoads
Attempt 1: 25:26 - severals deaths.

Castlevania
Attempt 1: 24:17 - Wow... thanks clock.

Trojan
Attempt 1: 7:20 - 1 Death

Duck Tales
Attempt 1: 9:20

Super Mario Bros.2
Attempt 1: 17:02 - Took me 2 game over before 6-2 cooporated.

Metroid, GnG and Duck Tales 2 are up next.

All in all... ive got alot of work to do.

Edit: 24:10 on Metroid with 1 intentional death.
Let the music play!
http://twitch.tv/toothache42

Been practising Alisia Dragoon lately, got down to about 19:10 because I'm out of practise. I'll get it closer to my record of 18:30 (wsplit timing, it's easier to judge than SDA timing).

Also, I have plans for a donation stream to get me to ESA 2012, because I doubt I can afford to go otherwise.
Edit history:
dxtr: 2012-06-16 09:42:39 am
dxtr: 2012-06-16 09:40:46 am
Speedrunner
Ghosts n Goblins: 33:45

Stage 2, second round is my biggest problem here. I really hate it!

EDIT: Super Mario Bros 2. 12:34 - 2 deaths. And I can safely say that i wont do Toad 1-1 and 1-2. To risky for a marathon.
Edit history:
Svenne: 2012-06-16 03:44:24 pm
Smörgåsbord
@Toothache: I hope that works out for you, would love to meet you!

@dxtr: You could use the key move on 1-2 with Luigi and kill Birdo with the triple and touch! Cheesy

Also, be sure to watch the ludendi stream tomorrow for Frezy!^^
Speedrunner
Quote from Svenne:
@Toothache: I hope that works out for you, would love to meet you!

@dxtr: You could use the key move on 1-2 with Luigi and kill Birdo with the triple and touch! Cheesy

Also, be sure to watch the ludendi stream tomorrow for Frezy!^^

I could but i dont know if i can make it consistent and good. We'll see. Smiley
Edit history:
Frezy_man: 2012-06-17 11:50:17 am
bläää
We are streaming right now. I am doing some warmup/record attempts for SMB3 and Contra. So far so good. I hope I will have time to practice the other games as well before the marathon Tongue

Crippe will try some power blade.

[url]www.twitch.tv/ludendi[/url]
Edit history:
Svenne: 2012-06-19 03:28:31 am
Svenne: 2012-06-19 03:25:00 am
Smörgåsbord
Here is the replay of Sundays practice: http://sv.twitch.tv/ludendi/b/321786512

I need to start practicing world 7 alot on smb2 and some other stuff, lots of dumb mistakes left to adjust!

North and South went really well, I did it both on level 1 and 3, both were finished in less then 3 minutes!
Precursor
Okay, I have my stream and equipment all set up, so you can find me streaming here. Won't stream more tonight, but maybe tomorrow.
I'm currently practicing Goof Troop (as Max). But currently I don't have either the equipment nor good enough internet connection to stream anything. (Living in the suburbs of the woods during weekdays is awesome...)