Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
honorableJay: 2015-04-30 03:12:00 pm
The Dork Knight himself.
So the current improvements that will make it into my next full run:

Mission 4: skip second/third fights
Mission 14: overall better damage output
Mission 17: take right path at the start, IJ after the first fight to skip the first half of the level, saves on both health requirements and time
Mission 18: skip the initial level trigger with IJ/Caliber/Dash/double jump, cuts out about 8 mins+ from the run
Mission 19: dodge those fists
Mission 20: better luck?

There are some minor improvements throughout, like better fighting/etc, but those are the biggest changes.
The Dork Knight himself.
So I finally cut the 2 hour mark, but this attempt will not be uploaded as it was total garbage. Completely botched mission 4 (1 level restart + screwed up the 3rd fight skip twice and had to do it). The newer route through missions 17 and 18 were the only reason I dropped the time down.
The Dork Knight himself.
Just a quick update: I'm still running this, and my current best time is 1h51m. I haven't updated it on the leaderboard mainly because the run was complete garbage. Once I get something decent I'll upload it.
Edit history:
honorableJay: 2015-05-26 07:51:14 pm
The Dork Knight himself.
Finally cracked the 1:50 barrier, new time is 1:49:58

Still having issues with the Mission 4 2nd camera skip (Dante keeps falling off), and I completely botched Mission 17. I also found out that getting Stinger as the first upgrade really is faster than getting the combat upgrades. With proper positioning I can just get environmental kills after the first upgrade statue to compensate for lower damage output. There are other things throughout, but I can't remember them offhand at the moment.

Ok, so the day after I post that video to youtube I break the time by 2 minutes. New time is 1:47:57. Hopefully I'll be able to keep this up.
Edit history:
honorableJay: 2015-05-26 10:12:50 pm
The Dork Knight himself.
I need some help if anybody is willing. On Mission 11, I know there's an OOB halfway through the level after the 2nd saw boy. It seems easy enough to get, but the problem is I can't seem to get enough height and glide before the opening is covered by the fight barrier. ........yeah......this happened......

Aside from that, are there any other OOB sequences that are possible without IG?
Edit history:
honorableJay: 2015-06-18 02:28:37 pm
The Dork Knight himself.
Finally cracked the 1:45 mark, new time is 1:44:05

I think I've gotten my upgrade path pretty much set:

1. Enemy Step
2. Stinger / Stinger 2
3. Trinity Smash
4. Judgement 2 / Trinity Smash 2
5. Demon Dodge / Demon Dodge 2
6. Drive / Drive 2 / Overdrive / Overdrive 2

Once those are purchased (by mission 6), I only need to get Hacker/Aerial Rave for Mission 14, and then upgrade Aquila for the group fights later on.

I can't consistently get the OOB for Mission 11 to work, so rather than wasting time with the setup I'm just gonna keep doing the fights and work on optimizing those.
The Dork Knight himself.
Trollin trollin trollin, keep that trollin flowin, god my ass is swollen.......
The Dork Knight himself.
So I did another attempt late last night, and sure enough I dropped my time again. New time is 1:37:11

Still not perfect though, so I'm gonna keep working on it. With some good luck I should be able to get close to 1:33.
I'm really enjoying your progress. Keep it up! That Vergil vid was complete balls.
Edit history:
honorableJay: 2015-06-20 10:52:07 pm
The Dork Knight himself.
Thx, nice to know someone is enjoying the progress. If you have any ideas, please let me know (I'm all out haha).

*Edit*
Scratch that, just figured out how to skip the first fight on mission 4. Now I have to plan out my upgrades again since I'll be short on them Smiley
The Dork Knight himself.
Quickie update:

Mission 4 - new way to skip the first fight is reliable but it has a long setup since I have to wall climb really high on the map and pray I don't drop down and touch the trigger which is REALLY high
Mission 11 - I'm now using the saw boy to kill the regular enemies for me by using Buy In while fighting him
Mission 13 - infinite slide is used in two places to save a small chunk of time. The first spot is at the start of the game show to skip the very first walking section (lilith says "This is my club, and you play by my rules.") and the second is used after taking out the rage spawns to get to the last set of platforms early

Misc: by the end of the game I have just enough money to buy 2 small health, 5 large health, 2 small DT, and 2 large DT. 4 of the large vital stars are used to get through the fire in Mission 17, the 2 small vital stars are backup in case I screw up on the Mundus fight and/or Vergil's ghost gives me bad patterns. 1 large DT star is used for the Mundus fight, and the other is backup for Vergil's fight in case the ghost decides not to fly away like he's supposed to (happened too many times).

That just leaves the 2 small DT stars which I really don't have a use for at the moment. Originally I was getting them as backup for the Mundus/Vergil fights since I don't want to use more than 1 large DT star in each fight. However lately I've gotten the Vergil fight down to the point where I only need 1 DT star. I'm also getting more consistent with getting demon dodges against Mundus's slam attacks, which completely destroy his arm phase when combined with DT. The only other use I can think of for the 2 small DT stars is to find 2 areas of the game where I really need to use DT to save a decent amount of time, but most of the fights go by so quickly that using the star then using DT might waste more time than it saves.

Anybody got any ideas on what fights I should be using DT on that I don't already?
Hello!
I watched Aphox ESA run of this game and want to ask if there's any source for the 1.0 patch?
I'd like to run any% but can't find anything that works for me.
Does anybody on here still have the 1.0 version?
The Dork Knight himself.
Hi Krill, nice to know someone else is interested in this.

Short answer: the unpatched version is only available on console at the moment. I'm not sure how Aphox got his copy of 1.0 so he'll have to chime in on that.

As for myself, I took a short break from the game but I'm gettin back into the swing of things. It'll take some time but hopefully I'll crack 1:35 soon.
Also know as L0rdy
I actually played the game when it came out back in the day, so I still have the old files from when the games patch was 1.0.
So I just overwrite the new files from steam with the old ones and can play like nothing happened.
I dont know if there is any way to get a 1.0 nowadays... sadly, I shared mine with several people on ESA tho... so I am not the only guy with 1.0 anymore haha.
Can you, or someone else who has the files, upload the files to a dropbox or something like that?
Edit history:
Arrowth: 2017-04-28 09:23:45 am
Arrowth: 2016-02-05 10:17:09 am
Arrowth: 2016-01-13 11:31:49 am
-
The Dork Knight himself.
I'm not sure your comparison is fully accurate. I just recorded myself doing the whip/stomp and the whip/glide climbs in the same spot, and even with a head start your comparison climbs were slower than both. Just for reference, I run the game at 120fps on the latest patch, so maybe that has something to do with it? The fireworks infinite climb looks to be patched out because no matter what I do, Dante gets no height. The kablooey/stomp climb shows promise but nailing the inputs fast to get a decent climb is a bit tricky. I do believe that with super fast inputs it *could* be the fastest method to climb, but I'll have to test some more.

I overlaid everything into OBS using your video as a base.
Attachment:
Edit history:
Arrowth: 2017-04-28 09:23:50 am
Arrowth: 2016-02-26 12:06:16 pm
-
The Dork Knight himself.
Well, I do the whip/stomp on a controller since it's much easier to consistently pull off. The trick to it is to hold RT (demon mode) the entire time. Then I just press B for stomp, then LT+X for the whip, wash rinse repeat. I'll record something later with XInputView and compare 30/60/120fps to see if there's a difference.
Hello,

I've been looking into running NG Nephilim for a while, and from what I read I need v1.0. Is there a way I can get it for PC?
Glitch advocate
The main difference between v1.0 and patched is being able to infinite glide. So you're saying you want to run NG Nephilim with infinite glide?
Nah nvm, Aphox told me the same thing haha.