Sad
<- 1  -   of 48 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote from SeductiveSpatula:
Just run walk off, don't jump. If you still die, you aren't hitting the railing of the bridge, but the bridge itself.

Thanks for the help man. Half the time i jumped off and half the time i ran off, but seems the problem was a bit dumber. I had somehow already taken damage prior to that and since i cant see my hp i didnt know that. That's what i get for quicksaving:D
hey can anyone help me?whenever i quickload my FPS drops to 30 for like 30 seconds and then it shoots back up to a normal 250 FPS.
I made a tutorial for my method for slip-clipping.
Quote from spedrun newb:
hey can anyone help me?whenever i quickload my FPS drops to 30 for like 30 seconds and then it shoots back up to a normal 250 FPS.

What version of the game do you have?
Edit history:
Juicy: 2015-03-20 01:34:39 pm
Quote from spedrun newb:

I have the same when I leave a loading screen. I just have to wait for the level to load by staying in the loading screen and then I've got full fps. But I have frames drop for only less than 10 sec not 30 :/

simple stuff didnt look to see if already posted but i wanted to upload my first vid to youtube and this is what i was doing at the time
Quote from xerian:

simple stuff didnt look to see if already posted but i wanted to upload my first vid to youtube and this is what i was doing at the time

Great strat Xerian ! Thanks a lot ! Btw guys, don't forgot to take the blink back before or just after the cutscene or you will just shoot a dart instead of blinking at weepers like i did the first time i tried that strat on a run ^^'
Edit history:
Juicy: 2015-03-28 11:49:03 am
I'm so freaking hype! Found a way to do elevators with only 60 FPS \o/
Gonna record it right now!

Edit: here it is (sorry for my accent and the mispronunciations :3)

I found some vaults in Sewers, don't know if fast.
I cannot for the life of me get this to launch after downgrading to 1.2 using Virrward's tutorial as a reference ( I have browsed some of the comments below his video and done all the things that have been mentioned, including browsing the here to see if anyone has a solution. I have redone the downgrade several times to make sure I did it right, but I have followed his instructions to the letter. I still cannot seem to get any progress. When I hit "PLAY" in Steam, Steam tries to do first time setup operations for some reason, that closes, then all I see is Dishonored syncing to the Steam Cloud. I was actually wondering if the files he provides in his dropbox for the downgrade are the correct files. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Edit history:
Mumrik: 2015-03-31 06:54:10 am
Mumrik: 2015-03-31 06:54:08 am
Mumrik: 2015-03-31 06:54:06 am
Quote from JustAsh:
I cannot for the life of me get this to launch after downgrading to 1.2 using Virrward's tutorial as a reference ( I have browsed some of the comments below his video and done all the things that have been mentioned, including browsing the here to see if anyone has a solution. I have redone the downgrade several times to make sure I did it right, but I have followed his instructions to the letter. I still cannot seem to get any progress. When I hit "PLAY" in Steam, Steam tries to do first time setup operations for some reason, that closes, then all I see is Dishonored syncing to the Steam Cloud. I was actually wondering if the files he provides in his dropbox for the downgrade are the correct files. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Checked the files from the dropbox and they are legit. The most common problem I've seen with this is that the files in the subfolders in the 1.2 files ends up in wrong places so first of all double check that all the files end up in correct folders and replaces the existing ones. Tip is to also reinstall/repair(verify game cache) before attempting this again.
Introducing... The double ASS !
Are there any good tips to increase my framerate? The ingame options doesn't have a lot to go with. I made the changes in Virrward's tutorial and switched off vsync which according to fraps gets my game to 130-145 fps, but I read that 200+ is necessary for a lot of the tricks in this game.
Quote from Maniacbob:
Are there any good tips to increase my framerate? The ingame options doesn't have a lot to go with. I made the changes in Virrward's tutorial and switched off vsync which according to fraps gets my game to 130-145 fps, but I read that 200+ is necessary for a lot of the tricks in this game.

If you've done all the .ini edits and such there's not much I you can do settings wise to improve the fps. You can always try and run the game in a lower resolution as well and make sure that all in-game options are set to the lowest. Other ways to improve the fps is to make sure you don't have any unnecessary background processes running.

As for the 200+ fps, the highest requirement is actually around 180 and it is more or less only required for the longest prison elevator(bottom to top elevator). If you use any of the faster elevators off the gate (to the right as you leave your cell) as you can see in the World Record you don't need as much fps to pull them off.
Hey guys, some of you might recognize me from stream chats. First video to post here it's a new route for Golden Cat that saves a second or so over everyone but Walruses WR.

I'm sure some of the talented people could get even more out of it. Let me know if you have any questions.
Quote from Marz2292:
Hey guys, some of you might recognize me from stream chats. First video to post here it's a new route for Golden Cat that saves a second or so over everyone but Walruses WR.

I'm sure some of the talented people could get even more out of it. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hey marz, cool route! Don't think it will be any faster unfortunately since it uses an additional blink to the route that I use at least and is basicly as fast due to not doing as straight leveled blinks as the other routes. Keep on looking for different routes though thumbsup
Quote from Mumrik:
Hey marz, cool route! Don't think it will be any faster unfortunately since it uses an additional blink to the route that I use at least and is basicly as fast due to not doing as straight leveled blinks as the other routes. Keep on looking for different routes though thumbsup

Hey thanks for the kind words, I posted this at like 4am and clearly can't count blinks Cheesy
Found a massive headboost while routing.

Here's the route first: http://www.gfycat.com/GrouchyLoneBangeltiger

And here's the massive headboost: http://www.gfycat.com/GiddyIncomparableDikkops

I've managed to get it about 1/10 consistently now but not good enough for it really being reliable in a run.
Been routing Brigmore Witches All Collectibles along with Joelnir and Icykittenz I believe.

Here's my route for the second mission "The Dead Eels"

It has a few mistakes, but is pretty fast and consistent.
People still post here? Holy shit.
I really need help improving my FPS for Dishonored, which is around 50-60 fps right now. I haven't messed around with the engine files at all because I can't seem to find the right ones. When I follow a tutorial I always seem to end up with a bunch of default files like DefaultEngine, DefaultInput, etc. instead of DishonoredEngine which is what shows up in videos. The DefaultEngine doesn't have the same things inside of it as DishonoredEngine so I can't change stuff like Dynamic Lighting or Bloom or whatever. Can anyone help me?
Edit history:
Glurmo: 2015-07-07 11:53:48 am
Glurmo: 2015-07-07 11:43:25 am
Glurmo: 2015-07-07 11:42:52 am
Quote from SketchArtist:
I really need help improving my FPS for Dishonored, which is around 50-60 fps right now. I haven't messed around with the engine files at all because I can't seem to find the right ones. When I follow a tutorial I always seem to end up with a bunch of default files like DefaultEngine, DefaultInput, etc. instead of DishonoredEngine which is what shows up in videos. The DefaultEngine doesn't have the same things inside of it as DishonoredEngine so I can't change stuff like Dynamic Lighting or Bloom or whatever. Can anyone help me?

Are you definitely looking in the right place for the config files? DishonoredEngine.ini, DishonoredInput.ini, etc. should, by default, be under C:\Users\<username>\Documents\my games\Dishonored\DishonoredGame\Config. Make sure you're not looking in C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Dishonored\DishonoredGame\Config where DefaultEngine.ini, DefaultInput.ini, etc. will instead reside.
so i was doing a little practice and i found a little skip and have no idea of how to replicate it, and unfortunatley no video of the skip ether. all i know is that when i loaded into the start of the somewhere else bit of the outside split it skipped straight to the cutscene with the outsider on the platform where you get blink. i have been trying to replicate it for a while to get a vid file but without success
the only proof i have is the audio from when it happened you can hear piero saying sleep well then i go through the loading and arrive at the outsider dialouge much faster then should be possible http://www.twitch.tv/bornapart/v/7637059
Quote from Glurmo:
Quote from SketchArtist:

Are you definitely looking in the right place for the config files? DishonoredEngine.ini, DishonoredInput.ini, etc. should, by default, be under C:\Users\<username>\Documents\my games\Dishonored\DishonoredGame\Config. Make sure you're not looking in C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Dishonored\DishonoredGame\Config where DefaultEngine.ini, DefaultInput.ini, etc. will instead reside.

Thanks this helped a ton.