Sad
<- 1  -   of 48 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote from ph3tt:
Hi was wondering how to skip the girl who talks to you after you come back from the sewers before the golden cat?

This is a thing that only will happen if you use the old weeper route. If you use the new one which can be seen in the newer runs and in virrwards new tutorial for the game with all the newer strats, the girl will spawn at the other hatch down to the sewer.

Example of the current weeper route: http://www.twitch.tv/janmumrik/c/4737722

Virrwards tutorial:

As far as I know with the old route the way to avoid the girls convo is to be fast out of the sewer as it is time based when she will appear there(time starting from when you neutralize the last weeper), hence the sleep dart would give you a bigger window of time due to the time it takes for the weeper to fall asleep and become neutralized.
Ok thanks ^^
I found a consistent corvocopter that breaks your camera: http://www.twitch.tv/drtchops/c/5969242
Quote from SysRq:

Can you elaborate on "second elevator"? There's the elevator coming outside of the prison cell facing the left, with the highest FPS requirement (at or above 200). The elevator directly outside and to the front of the cell (using the prison door/sign) isn't high, but the next elevator from pipe>ceiling is probably in the 100s. Never tested it, but I know for sure it's less than the 200 one.

Yeah, I meant the pipe -> ceiling one. Thanks for the info!
I'm wanting to start speedrunning 1.2 but after I've copied the files into the folder, the game won't start for some reason. I don't get an error, it just pops up stating that it's performing initial startup for a second and then doesn't do anything else. Anyone got any ideas?
Quote from FletchN:
I'm wanting to start speedrunning 1.2 but after I've copied the files into the folder, the game won't start for some reason. I don't get an error, it just pops up stating that it's performing initial startup for a second and then doesn't do anything else. Anyone got any ideas?

Haven't had this problem myself but have you checked so both the Binaries and DishonoredGame folders got updated correctly?
Other than that the best offer I can give you is to make sure that updating of the game is off and then just redo the process of downgrading to 1.2.
Problem solved, I'd copied the files into the wrong file like a dingus. Thanks for the response though!
Edit history:
lploverx: 2015-02-16 07:51:04 am
This seems like a semifaster yolo strat.

Edit: NEVERMIND
Edit history:
FletchN: 2015-02-19 04:48:33 pm
Possibly faster first elevator...

EDIT - nvm difficult to replicate
Quote from FletchN:
Possibly faster first elevator...

EDIT - nvm difficult to replicate

This elevator where you do it in one go is commonly referred to as the "God Elevator". It seem to be happening when doing the elevator from the very edge of the corner and having high fps also seem to help but yeah it is indeed faster. Drammhud is the only player I know of that has gotten this consistently.
Edit history:
ZakeryO: 2015-02-22 05:14:14 am
Does anyone else have a problem with lean getting stuck at high FPS? If I set my framerate smoothing to 200fps (MaxSmoothedFrameRate) lean gets stuck for about 10 seconds every time I click Q or E, it doesn't happen if I lock the FPS to 100 or below. Any ideas how to fix this? It makes the clips really annoying.
Getting stuck in lean is fairly common and there are a few ways to get out of it. I just pull out my sword, and I've heard people say you can also just select blink and that will fix it, but I have not tested this myself.
Quote from SeductiveSpatula:
Getting stuck in lean is fairly common and there are a few ways to get out of it. I just pull out my sword, and I've heard people say you can also just select blink and that will fix it, but I have not tested this myself.

Thanks for the reply, my problem seems to be particularly bad because it gets stuck every single time I lean (when FPS is > 150). I just tried pulling out the sword while stuck but unfortunately that didn't fix it for me, only 3 things seem to get it unstuck so far: blinking, quicksaving or opening/closing the journal.
Hmm. That sucks to hear. I run at between 200 and 250 frames and the only point I occasionally get stuck in lean is when getting the audiolog from the safe in Return to the Tower. Hopefully someone else has some ideas that might help you out.

is this faster? i found a consistent way to drop down.. fripic plx test Cheesy
I am a walrus
This is slower by a bunch.
Basically you spend about 4 seconds in the water And running instead of that would be 2 seconds faster. Any side route you have to take makes it not worth. Unless you Jump forward onto the bridge and somehow get a damage cancel this is gonna be slower Cheesy
God damnit walrus, ill make it work someday, dont worry :D. its just that i hate swimming in dishonored..
Quote from FletchN:

I'm having the same problem as this, except I'm pretty sure I'm installing 1.2 files to the right place as I did exactly what Virr did in his tutorial for the most part :/
Edit history:
Hnalo: 2015-02-28 05:01:03 am
Quote:
Quote from FletchN:

I'm having the same problem as this, except I'm pretty sure I'm installing 1.2 files to the right place as I did exactly what Virr did in his tutorial for the most part :/

I'm just like you and i ty some think:
-remane the file because they dont have a CAP, dont work.
-and I remove the folder instead of replacing and it works but I have bugs on text and the language change .

I have a question for update option.
In French I only have 3 options:
- Always update
- Update at launch.
- Prior to the update.

I do not have: do not update.
I put the 2nd choice but I do not think it blocks the update.

EDIT: I find the half solution in commentary, its the second option update at launch.

But i still have the problem whit the text and language.

for example in the opition it's : ?INT?Settings.ProfileSetttingIDs.PSI_Gameplay_BAutoSaveInMenu?

The name of the game xhen i play in screen mode its not dishonored but : ?INT?Launch.General.Product?

Thanks for help me
I'm not sure why Virr had that right at the beginning of his tutorial, because having 1.2 is a very minor difference for the run now. You can run it on 1.4 fine (I do).

The only difference is in bad luck Cat, you need to use an extra blink to get back inbounds. The time loss from that doesn't matter until you're at WR level (and WR is possible with it anyway).
Also, framerate is usually better on 1.4 so that can help if you have trouble hitting the required FPS.
MATHEMATICS
On this Reddit thread someone asked about a way to skip all the cutscenes in Dishonored. I vaguely recall someone (Fripic or Ferret maybe?) bringing up being able to remove cutscenes by editing the .ini files. However, I can't find the relevant post here. Do you know anything more about this?
I'm interested in making a non lethal, stealth speedrun. Does someone know some tips how i can alter the normal route to make things fit?
NLG (Non-lethal/ghost) is a category and is already routed. I know nothing about the run so there might be some potential improvements to the route, but it should be pretty much laid out optimally. If you're interested, DrammHud holds the current record at 43:06 (http://www.twitch.tv/drammhud/c/5133724)
Im having trouble on the very first trick of the game. I manage to easily get up on the roof on the intro, but always when i jump off to the railing i die. I tried for 30min~ and never survived. What am i doing wrong?
Just run walk off, don't jump. If you still die, you aren't hitting the railing of the bridge, but the bridge itself.