<- 12345 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Quote:
I'm not really sure what's going on but I beat Diablo 1 in under an hour. I entered Hell at level 16 but by the time I got to the big guy himself I was 22!

I'm going to say "I told you so" to all the people talking about how hard it was and how it was going to take 3 hours and stuff ;). Good job though, especially considering the randomness with books and stuff :).
新世紀進歩的羽扇子 音楽
Quote:
I'm going to say "I told you so" to all the people talking about how hard it was and how it was going to take 3 hours and stuff ;). Good job though, especially considering the randomness with books and stuff :).

Yeah, I was wrong.  I totally sucked with sorcerers when I tried in the past.  Good job marshmallow!

*looks in Diablo CD case*
*finds StarCraft CD, checks SC CD case*
*finds Diablo II LOD, checks LOD CD case*
*is nowhere to be found*
Dang it!
Jack of all Trades
I already did capture it and everything. It all happened so fast. I got the game, played through it twice, then I owned it. Hmm.

Gorash? Verifier? Hmmm?
Jack of all Trades
Still need a verifier!

This was definitely the fastest time between the first play through and a fully completed speed run EVER! I mean, I got the game, played through it twice, then like two days later I have it all done in under an hour.

Umbra wins the prize! The irony prize...

Quote:
I think you could do it under and hour if your good. Then again, what do I know? I'm the worst time predictor in the world.

Spine_Shark said...

Quote:
This game is not D2.  You don't pick up 100 monsters and slaughter them all with massive Area of Effect spells.  You stand in strategic spots and knock down one monster at a time (first with the Butcher, then on every floor after 5 or 6).  Over and over and over.

Hmmm, that's funny because that's exactly what I did (the slaughtering of many enemies at once). I only had to play 'intelligently' a couple times, mostly near the beginning and then in a couple places in Hell.

Did you guys know about the invincible-when-running horizontally trick? I think that makes for some "oooh" moments when I'm about to drown in a river of blood stars.

I'm not sure why so many people moaned about the loading times and Lazarus. Were the loading times like 5 minutes on the crappy computers of yore? And Lazarus is just a unique Advocate...doesn't have anything special to do aside from teleport and toss fireballs. If you simply sidestep he can never even hit you.

I felt great power murdering Sir Gorash mercilessly. Is that bad?
Edit history:
Blublu: 2005-06-25 09:05:49 pm
Yeah, that trick/glitch/bug is very well known. Blizzard did actually fix it in one patch, but the fans were outraged and refused to update, and so they "unfixed" it in the next patch. If I remember correctly, it's called "happy feet" although I might be confusing it with something else. Of course, you knew all this already.

If you still need a verifier, I suppose I could do it. But you might want to find someone else who knows the drill better as I have never verified a run.
Jack of all Trades
Ah, that is called happy feet? I thought that was just being good at dodging. =]
Edit history:
KennyMan666: 2005-06-25 11:21:31 pm
Precursor
If you still need a verifier, I could probably do it. This is another one of those games on my played-into-oblivion-and-will-never-ever-forget-even-if-I-wanted-to-list.
Jack of all Trades
Check your PM, Kenny.
Precursor
Did your webspace just die or what? I've been trying to access it the last hour or so, but it won't load... it worked once, then I had it open for like 15 or 20 minutes, and then I couldn't download anything, so I closed it and tried to access it again - but it wouldn't load...
Jack of all Trades
Worked fine for Radix, a friend of mine, and me. Shocked
18 to the diablo2 holy grail
i can verify if needed and would love to check it out Tongue
Edit history:
Gorash: 2005-06-26 07:22:06 pm
${$uid.$user}{' usertext'}
Awww pity. That's what you get for spending your saturday afternoon not in front of the PC Tongue

Quote:
Did you guys know about the invincible-when-running horizontally trick? I think that makes for some "oooh" moments when I'm about to drown in a river of blood stars.

It's hard not to notice, because enemies do it frequently. I would have liked them to fix it. Because of that bug Nova and Flamewave are almost useless. For extra fun get a scroll of Apocalypse, play the game again and cast it when you reach the Halls of Bone, and then count the number of enemies that survive it magically...

Loading times were pretty long.... on my 486DX4 with 120 MHz. Around 20 seconds.

Quote:
I felt great power murdering Sir Gorash mercilessly. Is that bad?

A normal reaction. Watch out for spikes growing from your spine, insane giggling attacks, and the urge to destroy all living creatures though Smiley
Your almighty lordship
My only complaint is the way you tackled level 16. It's possible (and quite easy) to simply go to the western wing and telekinesis the switches and head off to kill Diablo, bypassing the need to head north and east. That and holy bolt would have killed Diablo much faster.
sda loyalist
Diablo is Undead? I thought he was Demon, not Undead.
Edit history:
marshmallow: 2005-06-26 07:17:15 pm
Jack of all Trades
Can you get telekinesis from a scroll?

*EDIT* I've kept all my saves from the run...and I have 12K + a lot of sellable jewelry before I go on my potion shopping spree, so I could buy a book of telekinesis, right?
Whatever you can afford.

As I said, I usually teleport into his room, but for that you'd have to get/buy a book of teleport. Scrolls won't suffice I think.

Oh well, I'll just have to exercise patience until Radix is through his heap of work.
Couldn't you also use a scroll of Phasing and just get lucky? I think that's the spell that randomly teleports you somewhere on your screen. Those scrolls are all over the place if I remember correctly. Just stand up against a wall, and you have a very good chance of ending up on the other side. Yeah, it's risky, but it might work.
Can't you skip the loading screens by making a CD image of the game and mounting it to a virtual drive?
Edit history:
Gorash: 2005-06-26 09:31:53 pm
The thing is, I used to port in and cast some stuff, but I don't think a sorcerer would make it long in there without getting out again really quick. So you'd have to phase a whole lot of times to get it right.

@Guest:
No need to.
On a modern PC they are almost nonexistant, and they don't count into timing anyway.
Jack of all Trades
Can Adria sell a book of telekinesis? And how much would it cost? If you tell me this, I might redo the last segment. I kept going to Adria but after like 20 times I didn't get a book of it...so can she? I mean, it took me like 40 minutes to get the book of fireball, so I'll do it if it's rare.
sda loyalist
From my experience of the PSX version, you can get almost any book from Adria. I don't know if that changed in the PC version.
Edit history:
Gorash: 2005-06-27 01:07:23 am
There will be some kind of restriction. Marsh wants to know if it is the character level (NPCs tend to be unimpressed by efficient exterminators) or some other stuff (my guess is still the floor you reached). I know you can get books for almost every spell, and I'm positive that you can buy any book on the first 3 pages (except Ressurection in single player).
Jack of all Trades
I mean, I see books of fireball/chain lightning/gol, so I don't see why there wouldn't be Tele. But I didn't see it.
sda loyalist
The earliest I've seen Adria sell a book of Telekinesis was with a level 34 character, so I think it might be based from clvl. Hopefully not.
Sorry to bother but can anyone tell me why my diablo is not working at all?

I keep getting this error http://img256.echo.cx/my.php?image=diabloerror6is.jpg

It would be nice to try playing the old thing again so any help would be much appreciated.