List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Funkmastermp: 2014-10-31 03:05:42 pm
Funkmastermp: 2014-10-29 11:52:28 am
Funkmastermp: 2014-10-29 11:43:56 am
Quote from NMS:
Here's the highlight of that record: http://www.twitch.tv/funkmastermp/c/5383183 Very impressive! I don't think I realized that multiple firewalls in the same place stack, or that having low enough maximum health makes you immune to stunning.

Firewall is a very underestimated skill. It is so powerful in fact that you can kill Diablo after you have been dead for some time. Originally we had used fireball for Diablo, but the fight was so close that sometimes you would run out of potions before killing him. As a result of this issue we begun testing other skills such as Holy Bolt, Chain Lightning, and Firewall. As shown in the video, firewall surpassed all other methods.

As for the low hp glitch, the game actually is fairly funny in this aspect. The equation for being stunned is as follows:
Quote:
Current_HP > Damage_Taken >= Current_clvl

If the damage successfully validates that equation, you will be stunned. If we set our max HP equal or lower to our level, that in turn forces our current hp to that point also(as current hp cannot exceed max hp). By doing this there is no damage that can possibly validate the equation, thus you cannot be stunned. This means that even if you are clvl 40, as long as your hp is less than or equal to 40, you cannot be stunned.
sda loyalist
Now you know why Firewall costs so much damn mana. Good job people, it's good to see this getting a non-segmented treatment.
Edit history:
Smilge: 2014-10-31 09:25:23 pm
Quote from Funkmastermp:
Just to clear some confusion up. As SDA states:
Quote:
Major skips: SDA approves of glitches, but some games have particularly game-breaking glitches or skips that deserve a category of their own.

Negative Health Glitch(-HP) is actually one of those glitches that would dramatically change the game, and thus change the entire makeup of the run. With the -HP glitch runners could skip past every mob as of clvl 1 and with ease skip to the end of the game. The use of the glitch makes you entirely invulnerable and as show in the individual level category, which makes the game trivial.

Quote from Funkmastermp:
Glad to see this game getting some love again. Agguh sadly the duping glitch saves just too much time to really be skipped. As a result in order to save time in the ballpark of potentially hours, it is used in these categories.

Not sure I understand your distinction between the dupe glitch that saves hours compared to the negative health glitch that would save minutes. You are welcome to run the game with whatever restrictions you like, but I don't think the negative health glitch is the kind of glitch being referenced the "major skips" part in the SDA rules. Glitches change the makeup of the speedruns all the time.

That said, the 23 minute run looks pretty good. Any reason you aren't always walking while refilling your belt with mana potions?
defying gravity
I'm just going to quote this post of me from the old Diablo thread, in case someone knowledgeable here is interested and wants to investigate. Although I guess it wouldn't save that much time proportionally compared to a segmented run.
Quote:
While playing this game casually today, I was in 1.09, Hell/Hell, SinglePlayer, dlvl15, and had just found Lazarus' Staff. I was teleporting around trying to kill everything, when suddenly I teleported to a seemingly specific spot and the game loaded up Lazarus' lair out of the blue. Without me ever going back to town and handing the Staff to Cain. I was so confused that I forgot to turn on my Mana Shield and died shortly thereafter.
Now, I have never read anywhere about this bug, so it is most likely extremely rare and not reproducable, but, theoretically, it is possible to beat this game without ever going back to town.
Quote from Stupid:
While playing this game casually today, I was in 1.09, Hell/Hell, SinglePlayer, dlvl15, and had just found Lazarus' Staff. I was teleporting around trying to kill everything, when suddenly I teleported to a seemingly specific spot and the game loaded up Lazarus' lair out of the blue. Without me ever going back to town and handing the Staff to Cain. I was so confused that I forgot to turn on my Mana Shield and died shortly thereafter.
Now, I have never read anywhere about this bug, so it is most likely extremely rare and not reproducable, but, theoretically, it is possible to beat this game without ever going back to town.

Interesting, I'll have to take a look at that Stupid.

Also congratz to PossessedWarrior on a new WR of 19min(just waiting on video to update the post) absolutely amazing run!
Might be magic...
Nice work. I like the single-segment strategy, looking forward to a video of the 19m run.
Ya, its a nice strat Cheesy That being said it looks like Ironman is really picking up too!
defying gravity
I just tried this run for fun and clocked in at 46:40.
Highlights including:
- not getting Phasing and figuring out that it was a bad idea
- taking 5 minutes to buy Teleport
- realising that every enemy in dlvl12 and 13 was fire immune, going back to buy Chain lightning
- taking 5 minutes to figure out why the red portal in Lazarus lair wasn't spawning
Ya, the run is fairly easy to pick up at this point. We routed it quite well I personally think. Tongue
I just started running this about a week ago with my PB currently at 25:07.
I tend to lose a lot of time fighting lazarus, I drop a bunch of fire walls on him but often he will teleport away as soon as the fight begins and other times after he died, the portal does not spawn to leave his lair. Anyway to reduce the rng here? I watched a few speedruns and it doesnt seem to to anyone else so was thinking I might be doing something wrong.
defying gravity
I thought the portal didn't spawn because of the sprite limit when you had too many firewalls running. Try to start casting them at the same time the others are.
Edit history:
ARF: 2015-12-16 12:53:19 pm
ARF: 2015-12-16 11:21:34 am
Welcome HELL
Quote:

I had this happen to me as well a few days ago, not teleporting, just walking around in level 15. I don't remember if I even got Lazarus staff at the point, but I was just by the up to level 14 stairs chasing some hell spawns. This was with a warrior and I ended up finishing in about 3h30m (hardcore no save/load, but i guess it wasn't glitchless!)

I got interested in the game after watching the Hardcore No Save/Load Glitchless race between Funkmaster, Nightfall and Ryu. I tried a bit with all classes, and I really think the Sorcerer will be the fastest for this category as well. I finished a pretty cautious but lucky 1h43m run with the sorc earlier today, rendering a video, even though the run is pretty bad in many ways. I found the constricting ring on dl4 which helped out a lot Cheesy

Edit: 1:43:51 Tongue
Edit history:
Stupid: 2015-12-22 05:07:25 am
defying gravity
Yeah that's awesome, I generally prefer deathless + no loading playthroughs myself. I haven't watched your run yet (going to later), but I guess with a sorcerer you'll need to get lucky to find Mana Shield and Fireball / CL, as restocking Adria takes forever.

You didn't happen to record the Lazarus glitch? It happened to Funkmaster as well, but there's still no recording of it to date.
Edit history:
ARF: 2015-12-24 01:22:38 pm
Welcome HELL
I think you can get by without having a Mana Shield book, scrolls are easy to come by and a staff is usually much cheaper from Adria, and Firewall can substitute Fireball, but it makes levels a bit slower (unless you also get lucky with Teleport and go full yolo with that, making the end of the run much like glitched any%).

If you don't have Teleport, Steel Lords (the ones only vulnerable to lightning) are going to make your later levels slow and/or really risky (unless you come across Chain Lightning, which is somewhat uncommon).

About that glitch, I wasn't recording since that Warrior run was basically me trying out the game after getting inspired. If it happens again I'll be recording. I have been throwing quite a few attempts at this now, it's a fun type of run. The video in the previous post seems embarrassingly slow to me now, yet I haven't finished a run after started trying to go faster.

---EDIT---

Woah ok... I got a Sorc to kill diablo in 50:55. The thing is, I die like a chump before diablo dies in the end, does this mean the run is invalidated for the hardcore glitchless category? At least it was still no save/load Sad

I feel a bit bummed out, I could have just chugged more potions, but it's literally the first time I get to diablo with teleport, so I was scared ;_; Anyways, here is the recording
defying gravity
Cool, I'm going to check out the run. Hardcore to me means that you can't revive dead characters, so interestingly it would count if you call the category "Hardcore" but not if you called it "deathless". Tongue
Edit history:
Funkmastermp: 2017-01-15 10:04:24 pm
I actually fixed up the Diablo speedrun.com site today, should be correctly listed as hardcore now Tongue

https://www.speedrun.com/Diablo
Edit history:
Funkmastermp: 2017-01-15 10:23:02 pm
oh BTW ARF, your run is entirely legitimate, the main category is oriented around no save/load, which in turn makes it a 'perma-death' run but doesn't restrict your strategies for bosses such as Diablo! Gratz on the Any% (Glitchless, HC) WR!
Edit history:
ARF: 2017-01-19 09:44:37 am
ARF: 2017-01-19 06:37:32 am
Welcome HELL
Hey, that's nice to hear. Haven't heard anyone say otherwise so far either. I was watching you and Ryu race the other day, it was a good time, I'll do some more attempts of the hardcore RTA with Rogue and Warrior when I have time. I see there are some new categories on the speedrun.com site, can you talk a bit about boss% and level 1%?

-edit-
Sorry for that pun, anyway got a 1:30:56 with hardcore Rogue. A bit bummed out over not getting sub 1:30 and also I had a great run get to lazarus around 1:15:xx or something, but forgot to use mana shield when walking through my own fire walls xD

Time really flies, it's been a while since we started routing glitchless lol. Feels like it was just yesterday. Sorry for the late response, but gratz on a 1h30m Cheesy
Hey all, I was just brainstorming the Diablo route, and was wondering if anyone has any ideas what could improve the route? Anything be it glitches, game abuses,
the lazarus skip(if someone knows how to replicate it), etc. Cheesy
Merged threads.