Smiley
Sad
<- 1  -   of 47
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
There are painkillers at the start of Sarif manufactory in one of the lockers, for segmented you would skip this area with the first boxclip through the fence. Then there are more painkillers in the Boss arena in Fema, a stim in one of the drawers of the first desk in the TYM penthouse and 2 stims in Yelena's room. If you need more before TYM you could get 2 stims at the LIMB clinic in Hengsha. Finally there are painkillers in TYM 1; where you would normally go right and jump down after you pass the security guard you can go left and jump down and land near the small cabinet which has painkillers at the bottom.
Edit history:
Apjjm: 2015-06-24 04:32:51 am
What?
If we were running segmented we could 'just' get lucky enough in the police station to not use a stim (very possible on easy). The first tym boost needs 1 stim. The second boost we would have to get lucky and not take damage, as we can't really afford the praxis for the armor upgrade (that or we manage the boost with two mines and two stims). Keep in mind that these boosts would require all 4 of our mines, unless we do the first one with a grenade.

The fire extinguisher trick is the same as used to pull the mini-boxes through the wall, just press "E" on the extinguisher and move your mouse really quickly into the wall. The glitch is that as the fire-extinguisher moves from the position to where it should be when jensen is holding it, it doesn't appear to do swept collision checking (I.e. if you move the camera fast enough you can clip it through things). After clipping the extinguisher you should just be able to stand up and walk into the corner on the elevator side with the switch and typhoon as shown in the video.
Edit history:
Labbekak: 2015-06-24 06:15:54 am
Labbekak: 2015-06-24 06:15:41 am
Labbekak: 2015-06-24 05:51:08 am
Deus Ex!
I updated my post.

Yeah Apjjm, I was trying to do it before getting in the elevator first (on the lower level)...and that doesn't work because you can't stand straight up on that ledge. I got it now, only the actual boost itself I find very tricky. Also when I quicksave and quickload my screen when OOB turns white sometimes.

The police station without stim should be very possible yeah. We can do the first TYM boost with painkillers I think. I think we can grab the painkillers at the FEMA boss arena with very little time loss.
Edit history:
Apjjm: 2015-06-24 07:47:39 am
What?
the screen will go white if you are too far away from the big elevator door (if jensen is touching a part where the fire extinguisher disappears the screen goes white, because he is outside the current streamgroup's active zone). The first boost is really tricky because the mines blow up instantly - which kinda sucks.

We could always try pre-mining the extinguisher with a disabled mine on the bottom, then just shooting that?
Deus Ex!
Pen is streaming right now and he was doing the boost pretty consistently. He's gonna do some no-reset runs with the TYM boost now.
He was trying the disabled mine thing too, but shooting the mine seems impossible, you'll just shoot the extinguisher and the mine will dissapear.
Edit history:
Labbekak: 2015-06-24 05:15:59 pm
Labbekak: 2015-06-24 05:15:19 pm
Labbekak: 2015-06-24 05:14:30 pm
Labbekak: 2015-06-24 05:12:42 pm
Labbekak: 2015-06-24 05:11:24 pm
Labbekak: 2015-06-24 05:10:35 pm
Labbekak: 2015-06-24 05:06:39 pm
Labbekak: 2015-06-24 05:04:24 pm
Labbekak: 2015-06-24 05:02:46 pm
Labbekak: 2015-06-24 04:57:32 pm
Labbekak: 2015-06-24 04:57:13 pm
Labbekak: 2015-06-24 04:55:11 pm
Labbekak: 2015-06-24 04:37:48 pm
Labbekak: 2015-06-24 04:33:21 pm
Deus Ex!
I've been experimenting with the Barrett boss fight on TMAS to save the mines.

Basically gas grenades, frag grenades, typhoon and ~4 revolver headshots do the same damage. You need 3 of these to kill Barrett, in any combination.

3 frag: ~8s
2 frag+gas+revolver: ~9s
frag+gas+revolver: ~11s
typhoon+frag+revolver: ~16s
typhoon+gas+revolver: ~18s

So the question is, how much frags can we waste on Barrett? Getting the extra frag and gas grenade will take time too, so we'll lose a lot of time on Barrett if we don't use mines there, but the second TYM boost should save more time than we waste.
Edit history:
Labbekak: 2015-07-02 01:36:31 pm
Deus Ex!
Apjjm, any tips on the TYM2 boost fire extinguisher clip?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it. That boost is really hard though! You have to be super fast.
The game is 17 seconds faster in French l m a o
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bviw1gySuNA8UwyPdQdWnM2dFmWebuiWqTDPJn2qFSo/edit?usp=sharing
Killing yelena even faster with nades:
Oh and as a side thing - would people potentially want to make a skype group for all DXHR runners/glitchers/stratfinders/etc? I think it'd be a handy way to quickly share new strats and ideas as well as on here. Just means other runners can see the strats even if they forget to keep checking here. If yeah just message me with your skype and I can make one I suppose. Or I can give someone mine if they wanna make it and already have a bunch of people here in their contacts.