Smiley
Sad
<- 1  -   of 47 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Well it's not that simple. DC has a different executable so it has different memory addresses. I've started working on this though.
Deus Ex!
Oh okay, I thought it was easier than that.
DX, DXHR, MGR, TRA, GTA SA
Heya guys,

I was talking with alot of you already about it but I wanted to make finally a post here on SDA since
I have the time to do it! It was about

Weekly Deus Ex Human Revolution race

I think now that we are more runners this would be a really cool thing to do
(since people dont want to race with me alone anymore Kappa)

For that I just would like to know when people would have in general time to do the races
Like which day would be the one you would prefer where you say you can do a race!
Getting times from everyone would help here out I would say. Cheesy

What do you think guys?

best wishes,
Heinki
I mean, I'd be down Heinki (depending on the timing). No days are any better than the others at this point for me.
Race would be fun even if I'm bad and rusty. Could only really do it during the weekend though.
Edit history:
Arcomaster: 2015-01-24 01:20:33 pm
Gaming Like A Baus
Did not pick this game up yet for speedrunning but its one of the best games i have every played. loved the story and gameplay, making your own decisions.

when im done with running and getting i good time on Max payne 3 i was either thinking about picking up Deus Ex or fallout 3.
Wil take a lot of practice learning the route and what augments to take, but i can already say a race sounds like a great idea.
It would make the game a lot more popular aswell.
whithout any reseach done the only run i can remember is the Deus ex run done at SGQD by Xexi.
I think a 4 men weekly Deus ex race would be somthing a lot of ppl like to see, me atleast.
Hey Arcomaster

We do races here and there it depends when the Runners have time.
The run is actually quiet easy , you should find all the stuff on

http://www.speedrun.com/dxhr

Like Tutorials, Setups Leaderboards etc. Smiley
But we have already a big community compared to 1 year where we were just 2-3 runners. Wink

but if ther are questions just ask. Cheesy

best wishes,
Heinki

Gaming Like A Baus
Found your guide, Seems like its all i need to learn the run. all codes, you explain everything well, so thx
I got the Director's Cut myself so i can use a different guide for those parts. but overall run doesnt seem so hard.
Hi!

For Directors cut we just have very outdated tutorials, but you actually just need to take a look at The missing link part since that is still the same and combine it with the human revolution run. Tongue

Otherwise I could do a run of Directors cut so that we have an updated run with he new glitches. Tongue

Otherwise have fun with Deus ex! Cheesy
Gaming Like A Baus
depending on the time i have i should start doing some runs soon.
Still bussy with Max payne and getting a perfect run is hard since 1 mistake is enough to make you restart.. and with all cutscenes its crap.
But i cant wait to start running this game. around 1 hour and 10 min is a nice time for a speedrun, and the route in general looks like a lot of fun.
already gave myself a goal Tongue beat or atleast get close to your time. but we wil see how it goes when i start thumbsup

and Hefecrocken Roll Eyes
Heya,

Well my Director's Cut time is pretty bad wit hthe new strats and glitches I could
get easily a 1:05 Tongue
And DrTChops is still working on a autosplitter for Directors Cut once that is out i will head back to running Directors Cut
since the without loads time are really accurate compared to the RTA time: Cheesy

best wishes,
Heinki
Edit history:
Zefie: 2015-02-12 12:25:40 pm
Zefie: 2015-02-12 12:25:18 pm
Zefie: 2015-02-12 12:25:06 pm
So, Heinki told me this would be a good place to post.
I recently felt like learning DXHR but the regular any% route didn't feel ridiculous enough and absolute zero was far too ridiculous so I decided to route something somewhere in the middle.  So, I thought of lowdoors%. I've made a pastebin and showcase video. If you have any suggestions (particularly if there's skippable doors I've missed, since I kinda have to do those) or thoughts, I'd love to hear them. Thank you for your time.

Edit history:
Zefie: 2015-04-05 06:17:15 pm
As much as I hate to doublepost (RIP thread), there's been a few newish strats/glitches found that should probably get posted so.

Zeke Conversation Skip (IGT save) that gives a more consistent infolink skip
A (for any% at least) completely useless temporary clip that lets you trigger things/press buttons. (Does not work well for two-way triggers)
An adaptation of Timewalker's strat to skip Namir, just with a box instead.
Consistent funicular. No, it's not still April 1st.

Hurryay.
Well, with the new funicular set-up, i think its time for me to come back to any%. Time to ultra mega derust (my current non-streamed PB is only like 50min w/o loads) and start the grind again. Hopefully HR gets into SGDQ so heinki can run and I can commentate/watch from the couch.

Pretty fucking excited
Nature
Hey,

There are two more doors to skip in Low Doors%! At Sarif HQ you can go to the helipad by going down the stairs and opening just one door instead of two. Also at the Limb clinic in Detroit there is a door you can skip by just waiting for the guy on the other side to open the door for you.

Cheers!
I knew about the first door but it closes upon returning so you'd have to open it every time.

The LIMB clinic is interesting though, hurray for more waiting :DDDDD
That's odd; I just did a test run and that first door stayed open during the whole run :/
Edit history:
Zefie: 2015-04-25 09:13:06 am
Zefie: 2015-04-25 09:11:47 am
What I just did Sarif Plant and the door stayed open.

I swear, it used to close.
What the hell is this game.

Edit: I just timed using a weapons box for the Prologue Yelena skip and it's about 4 seconds faster than waiting for her to open the door if you get perfect headshots, obviously slower than the extinguisher clip though.
Edit history:
Apjjm: 2015-04-26 08:49:44 am
What?

Big collection of glitches / routes / skips. Some are new, some I have shown on stream, some are already known but i am not sure if there is a video of them.
Quote:
Timestamps:
0:05 Sarif manufacturing route. This uses an old clip but brings a box through the wall to turn it into something useful.

0:50 Showing the dual quickload bug. This doesn't work in Director's cut. If you bring up quickload after a menu closes (esc, map, or another quickload dialogue) you can hold F8 as you load to bring up a second load dialog on the loading screen. Loading at certain points during the loading screen has interesting effects.

1:45 You don't need to go through the double doors to clip into the morgue, with some air control you can floor clip straight in from the lobby. Useful in segmented runs.

2:37 Alternative grenade boost at DROW. Might be easier/safer/faster than the existing one.

3:00 Skipping the cutscene which spawns the enemies at the FEMA facility

3:36 You don't need to get Icarus landing at all during the run - shows how to avoid getting it at Picus.

3:58 You can get ontop of the funicular as it moves, and jump off a little bit early at the end and the map will still be loaded. Need to have some boxes in the funicular already though.

4:21 Icarus Landing replacement at Jensen's apartment after Picus.

4:44 Icarus Landing replacement at Omega Ranch (Namir skip). Crouch while you are surfing the fire extinguisher down, otherwise you will get stuck in the ceiling and still take fatal damage.

5:36 The only use so far of the 2x Quickload bug. Can use it to disable all the enemies in an area.

6:04 Skip the final boss entirely. In the video I pre-placed a box near the clip, but you can just carry one back. If you avoided getting Icarus until this point you could avoid the animation with good enough timing.
Deus Ex!
Wow, nice finds man! Can you use that 2xQuickload bug in any area to disable the enemies? How do you do it? I'm at my parents at the moment, so can't try this stuff out, but I am excited to try it all out when I get back to my room!
Edit history:
Apjjm: 2015-04-26 08:38:36 am
Apjjm: 2015-04-26 08:36:58 am
Apjjm: 2015-04-26 08:36:15 am
What?
The 2x Quickload bug is a little more involved than that. Basically there seem to 3-ish stages during the loading screen when you load the save:

1) Loading the save into memory (if you load the second save at this point the game crashes)
2) Initializing the map (If you load the save at this point the game gets confused)
3) [Some other stuff that doesn't take very long] & Fading in (if you load the save here nothing happens)

Stage 2 is the interesting point. Basically what happens is the game thinks you have entered the map for the first time, so re-plays the script that fires when you first enter the level. In Sarif this gives you the cutscene, in Panchea it de-activates the crazies (as they are only activated when you go through the doors after darrow or open the skybridge doors). In other maps it can play cutscenes again, break textures (Picus gives jensen a cool black texture for the boss fight) give you duplicate quests and so on. However, it also has a side-effect of breaking all the level transitions (they just don't work - the screen will fade to black and then nothing will happen). You can still retain control while the screen is black, move around and do stuff (e.g. use other level doors) but they are broken too. You can get rid of the black camera effect  by using typhoon (or probably anything else that changes the camera like icarus or a takedown). This is why it can only be used on the last level currently, as the credits don't count as a level transition.

It gets stranger though. Every save you make after the 2x quickload bug will be the save you 2x quickloaded. This includes auto-saves, manual saves etc. Even if you delete the old save entirely every save WILL BE THE LOADED ONE. The only thing that seems to carry over is options changes (e.g. difficulty) & save metadata (e.g. date/time). If you save after you try to exit a level the save will be broken and cause the game to crash via null reference. If you load a save normally the game will return to normal (probably - one time it completely broke the controls on jensen).  There might be a way to allow you to save and re-load while the 2x quickload is active but i haven't figured it out yet.
Edit history:
Zefie: 2015-04-30 07:07:12 pm
Zefie: 2015-04-30 04:30:19 pm
Hello, just thought I'd let everyone know that EMP mines are faster for Panchaea by ~0.7 seconds if you have bullets to spare, very important. Pull your gun out as the bridge door is opening.

Also in case anyone is interested I found a lowdoors version of Apjjm's Hyron skip. (Thank you, this shit is so cool)

Edit: Also, incidentally, I timed my way of HC skipping to be about 15 seconds slower than any% route, even with mistakes cut out, so don't get any ideas.
What?
Another collection of glitches. Sorry in advance for what this does to low doors%

Timestamps:
Quote:
0:03: Sarif Manufacturing box clip. Clip to bypass the elevator leading to the hacker. By taking this clip you miss out on a praxis kit though.

0:53 Tai Yong Medical 2 floor skip & cut-scene skip. This requires 4 separate glitches to pull off. Firstly, you need to box clip outside the map and position Jensen as shown (he cannot move further back or to the right due to invisible walls) and pull the box out the map - Normally you cannot do this without ending up back in bounds and loosing the box, but due to do how the walls are set up you can keep hold of the box and toss it ontop of the elevator for later. You can then typhoon clip onto the elevator roof and mine boost to skip all of TYM upper.

2:20 Missing Link Old boost, but not sure if there is a video of this. You can boost using a fire-extinguisher and a barrel save running around the staircases.

2:47 Missing Link. Clipping through the wall and using typhoon here saves running back to the air-lock, and also traps jensen inside the floor. Jensen can then talk to Keitner and crouch to drop to the lower level without triggering the Icarus animation.
Edit history:
Zefie: 2015-05-01 08:21:17 pm
Quote from Apjjm:
Sorry in advance for what this does to low doors%

Ehh, it doesn't seem that bad. Either route in another 1k XP or go without Icarus until after Funicular. Helps that the boost is cool as fuck though. Srsly seems worth it even for any%.
About the XP: Pushing the elevator button at the funicular will get you 1K instantly and 2.5K later on when Pritchard says "your ride is there Jensen". This actually gives enough XP that if you've gotten at least some Ghost or Smooth operator bonuses in TYM you'll be able to skill both Typhoon 2 and Cloak 2 after you enter Yelena's room.
So I'd say it's definitely worth it to push that button before you do the funicular clip.