--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
honorableJay: 2016-08-31 08:47:19 pm
The Dork Knight himself.
I picked this game up thinking it would be a good candidate for Gilder's Bad Game Theater. After screening it, I found out that a) it's just bad and not bad-in-a-hilarious-way, and b) Gilder already played it about a year ago on BGT. So, to get my money's worth, my best chance is to slaughter it.

Prototype Run

So after a few playthroughs, I did a rough draft prototype run to see how it might look. It's very rough, lots of checkpoint restarts in certain areas, but it's a decent enough foundation.

Skills
Shadow Leap - Max it out ASAP
Subdue - get 1 point then forget about it
Shadow Kill - Get it to level 2 in the beginning, then come back to max it out after sneak/feed skills get a few points
Shadow Grip - Great when it's maxed out, not worth it until then, most likely candidate to be dropped
Sneak - try to get it to level 2 early on, then get fast sneak in between other skills
Feed - get it to level 2 as early as possible, max it out shortly after Steiner's club
Blood/Toughness - Blood is more important, but a point or two into Toughness is a good idea

Doing the tutorial does take some time, but the added XP for skills early on really helps, especially with getting Shadow Leap maxed out quickly (which is really important). Also, getting as many XP bonuses (i.e. not setting off any alarms) helps at least for the museum. After that you only want to avoid alarms for survival (you die really quickly otherwise). The only real trick I've found is Cover spamming: find a straight wall, look farther down the wall than you are, mash cover.

Hopefully I have something more solid in the next few days.
Thread title:  
The Dork Knight himself.
Well, did another quick run through, and it looks like the Tutorial is mandatory. Shadow grip is also good to completely ignore. I also found that getting some of the side quests (which literally translates into touching an object and that's it) gives enough experience to upgrade key skills early on and saves way more time than it wastes to get them.
The Dork Knight himself.
After a few more tries, it looks like the game can be completed pretty closely to one hour. My in-game save time once I hit the final fight is at 1:05, and the fight itself takes about 3ish minutes. Taking into account load times and cutscenes, this puts a reasonable RTA time at about 1:15.

Shadow Kill is also confirmed to be completely broken. You're supposed to have line of sight with a target in order to use it, but line of sight simply means the camera can see the target. This can be abused to go through walls/floors and skip major sections of levels (Geoforge courtyard for example). Getting this to at least lvl 3 partway through GeoForge is basically a requirement at this point.

The side missions for Museum (get Tom his tapes) and GeoForge (erase bartender's info) are worth it for the quicker level ups.

I'll get an actual recorded run soon.
The Dork Knight himself.
1:13:06

Two areas really gave me a hard time, and I'm still not 100% sure on how I want to do the upgrades. Expect this to be slaughtered sometime soon.