--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Mr. K: 2011-05-09 11:37:09 am
Yes
By low % we mean picking up no items.  We've already accepted a few runs using this standard.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
The tank isn't an item ffs.
Sandbagging
Quote from mikwuyma:

Guybrush Threepwood could fit it in his pocket though :s
My feelings on The Demon Rush
He can't even fit a box in his pocket. Tongue
wise fwom yo gwave
Quote from mikwuyma:

FU
Is PJ
Quote from stanski:
Quote from mikwuyma:

FU

Maybe I will
Sandbagging
Quote from PJ:
Quote from stanski:
Quote from mikwuyma:

FU

Maybe I will

Maybe you will become an item ?
Yes
I just wanted to say that I'm still working on this.  I haven't been streaming because I can't do that at the same time as I record with my setup.  I've tinkered with the stage 3 flame jumping strat and I'm still skeptical that a two cycle fight is feasible.  I did pull off a flame jump for two cycles, but it only saved about 2 seconds.  We need it to save something along the lines of 7 seconds.  The problem is that faking out the homing beams costs time and jumping over the fire costs time.  To complicate things, there are two different starting patterns for those beams and that means that we'd have to memorize two different strats to pull this off. 

I've had some good runs.  I had a faster run going today that ended with some utterly sinister stage 5 spawns.  It's definitely going to be sub 23 and it's just a matter of time.
Edit history:
Mr. K: 2011-05-26 11:46:01 am
Yes
I had a run make it all the way to the alien queen and I died on a really bad reaching pattern.  I forget how this game is timed but it did break 23 minutes.  I think I could easily cut out about ten seconds on stage 5.
Edit history:
DK28: 2011-05-26 10:37:09 pm
DK28: 2011-05-26 10:36:37 pm
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
Quote from Mr. K:
I forget how this game is timed...

From the point of control in stage 1 to the loss of control while hanging onto the missile/helicopter after the Armor Brain is done dying.  thumbsup

And Shocked on the time.
Yes
It's done.  I failed the tango with the stage 2 boss which cost me about 6 seconds, but there was so much luck throughout that I'm keeping this one.
Willing to teach you the impossible
Grats. Now I wanna see it. I have a feddish for low% runs...
Congratulations! I'm glad to see your hard work has finally paid off.
Quote from Heidrage:
Grats. Now I wanna see it. I have a feddish for low% runs...

Oh yeah....
Yes
I've decided to withdraw my submission and keep at it.
Fair enough Mr. K.  Faster is better.  Any chance you'll link us the latest video so we can see your progress?  Pretty please...  Grin
Willing to teach you the impossible
Quote from DK28:
Fair enough Mr. K.  Faster is better.  Any chance you'll link us the latest video so we can see your progress?  Pretty please...  Grin

Edit history:
Mr. K: 2011-06-03 10:59:49 am
Yes
Here you go: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WVL55C1K
Would someone be so kind as to time this for me?  This time is going to be hard to beat because of how much luck I had during the run, but I just can't live with failing the tango in stage 2.  It's luck like the screen below that wants me to take a break for a while.

Attachment:
It looks like 22:49 to me, but I haven't timed it down to the frame.

Why don't you skip the score screens after all stages?
The way you position yourself on the last helicopter makes timing hard Sad If you're further to the right, it's easier to see when you lose control over the character.

The run was awesome! Nice dodge on the stage 4 boss.
Edit history:
DK28: 2011-06-03 10:41:05 pm
So downloading this an hour ago so I can watch it twice at the same time...

Edit:  I concur with 22:49.  Can't be more than a second off I suppose.  But damn Mr. K.  I know you want to improve, but you could really submit this.  This could get accepted and published, then you could always work on an improvement as time goes on.  If you got this through, we could be looking at a colossal Contra III update in the near future....
Edit history:
MASTER-88: 2011-06-05 01:33:12 pm
Master-88
I agree DK28. You can try redo that later and submit this one. I can,t say anything else. THIS RUN LOOK LIKE SO DAMN FUCKING GREAT. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Without doubt this will be accepted.  I´ll list this of best speedruns ever created. Couple year ago i just joking: Could low-% hard mode done without continue lost what ever time its would be just crazy.

This run was also damn fast and without deaths done. What ever you want make this run i really loved it. thumbsup

But if you really try redo this its might just superb. Good luck. thumbsup
Yes
http://www.twitch.tv/mister___k/b/317045315
Damn Mr. K!!!  The end of the Stage 6 gauntlet and the heart fight were Legendary.  And you kept the Crawler above ground!  The Brain Snake couldn't have been more than a pixel off of killing you.  Demand a flame category.  The planet should be able to witness this greatness from the SDA game page.

I wish I was clutch like you...
What did Red Falcon say to his army after that run?
- You're fired.

He's known to have bad taste.

Absolutely Rizer tier run, K!
Everybody DANCE!
Now I know what the K stands for...Klutch.