Cobra Triangle () (nes) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'KHANanaphone'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Cobra Triangle () (nes) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/cobratriangle-20150414/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by June 30, 2015.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Borderlands 2 Glitch Hunter/ router.
A/V: Good
Cheating: None
Game-play: All loves very good those waterfall jumping parts look like hell haha, nicely done

Accept
A/V good, no cheating detected

Solid improvement to an already very good run.  Accept
Is PJ
This run is filthy.

Accept.
SEGA Junkie
Quote from PJ:
This run is filthy.

Accept.
This was my first game to speedrun. Even though I haven't played it in a long time, I still remember it pretty well.

The run comments explain things well. I'd like stress the fact that so much luck is required on top of solid execution to get a time this low.

The strategy chosen in stage 2 (upgrading to missiles to set up a faster crab fight) is extremely risky. You need a lot of luck with random drops to be able to get all the required upgrades on top of the missiles (reset if you don't). A bit of time was lost in stage 9 because of this (by having to go out of the way to collect more pods than otherwise), but things paid off in stage 10 against the crab. Sick fight (even though not entirely perfect).

I'm also very impressed by the way Khananaphone managed to keep the execution tight throughout the run even though he obviously must have known how good pace he was at from all the good luck during the first half. I agree with the highlights mentioned in the run comments (the mine stages and the ice stage).

The biggest time loss came against the final boss (the shark). The best pattern is if the shark makes its second appearance on the top row. It would have saved 2+ seconds. It's just rng though and obviously not something you can control in a run like this.

Excellent job on keeping everything together until the end!

Accept
Decision posted.