<- 1  -   of 37 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I'm a thinker, I could break it down
Quote from Toothache:
Legitimate question - how do the timed bounties stack up against PAL times? Suppose I want to challenge the Resident Evil bounty, which is single segment, 1:26 as Jill. However, I only own the PAL version and can currently record in 50 Hz. Would that work as 1:43 (which is 6/5th of the time required, roughly the PAL/NTSC conversion) or something else, since PAL time is often subtly - and not-so-subtly - different?

I hope it works out, 'cause I'm going after the bounty too. Competition is always nice.
Is PJ
I'm going to reinstate the bounty for Jim Power: The Terrible Game 3D, for SNES.  $20 for a SS run on hard mode.  No deadline.
welcome to the machine
$50 for a prince of persia: sands of time single-segment improvement that uses as many major shortcuts as the runner can pack in without the game crashing.

ucpro's segments have me inspired.
Edit history:
KefkaMayDie: 2011-02-18 12:22:40 am
KefkaMayDie: 2011-02-11 01:27:09 am
KefkaMayDie: 2011-02-11 01:25:03 am
Planning a Cave Story
50$ for a SS of Mohawk & Headphone Jack.

Also, 100$ bounty for a SS run of Punch-Out Wii.  I'll put this up for Contender and Title defense, so 200$ on the line.  Stipulations for this one are that for each contender and title defense, total time must not be more than 30 seconds slower than the IL table for contender, and no more than 45 seconds slower than the combined wr times on Title Defense.

For clarification, it's two seperate runs.  Contender and/or Title Defense.
Edit history:
footbigmike: 2011-02-10 08:59:44 am
I'll put up $20 for Sonic Spinball and $20 for Sonic 3D Blast (both are Genesis/Megadrive version). If Sonic 3D is 100%, make it $30.
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote:
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night    Beat this run, no out of bounds    $15    codebreak1337    Here

Might as well remove this bounty, as the user is banned.
Visit my profile to see my runs!
footbigmike:  Good choices.  I've been waiting on Spinball for awhile now.  Every runner who has attempted so far was discouraged (including myself).

TheQuietMan:  On top of what Sir VG said, you should also remove the Final Fantasy bounties (any new entry not already on SDA) that expired in the fall. Hopefully this was not already pointed out.
Edit history:
TheQuietMan: 2011-02-16 06:31:06 pm
Complete. Global. Saturation.
Quote from Sir VG:
Quote:
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night    Beat this run, no out of bounds    $15    codebreak1337    Here

Might as well remove this bounty, as the user is banned.

I knew this was a stupid one to add to the list. I'll be more careful in the future.

I'm also sure the moment I remove all of Hexrapper's Tony Hawk bounties, he's going to reappear and tell me to put them back up. I'll give him a week to respond.
Erm, my 100% Sonic 3D was $30, not $100.

Smiley
Is PJ
Quote from footbigmike:
Erm, my 100% Sonic 3D was $30, not $100.

Smiley

Man up!  We all know you meant $100!
spread the dirt to the populace
i'm going to retract my saga frontier bounty for now because i forgot it existed and clearly nobody else besides me cares about that game at all
Waiting hurts my soul...
I care Sad
Edit history:
KefkaMayDie: 2011-02-18 12:41:02 am
Planning a Cave Story
Actually, I forgot that the IL tables for Punch-Out wii use Champions mode strats.  Let's bump my ss times to 30 or under ss contender, and 45 for Title defense.  Sorry about that.

Bounty expires 1 year from today.
Is that still for the overall seconds for individual fights? Or 30 and 45 minutes overall?
He also editted his original post.

Quote from KefkaMayDie:
50$ for a SS of Mohawk & Headphone Jack.

Also, 100$ bounty for a SS run of Punch-Out Wii.  I'll put this up for Contender and Title defense, so 200$ on the line.  Stipulations for this one are that for each contender and title defense, total time must not be more than 30 seconds slower than the IL table for contender, and no more than 45 seconds slower than the combined wr times on Title Defense.

For clarification, it's two seperate runs.  Contender and/or Title Defense.
Kind of a reverse bounty:

What you get
A free copy of Mortal Kombat Special Forces

What you need to do
Play through Mortal Kombat Special Forces after you receive the game and volunteer to verify the run that was submitted FOREVER ago.  Also, I'll need your address at some point.  You also need to be someone who has been a member here for at least a little while; though, the specifics as to this are pretty much at my discretion. 

Post here in this thread if you'd like to do this.  I'll PM you.  If you do not follow through with the verification, we can come up with a remedy later (mail to someone else from your location; send back to me; send me the cash equivalent, or just the usual 'you get a black mark on your reputation around here' problem; etc.)

Look at it this way: you get a free game and all you need to verify is to have some time to play through this crapfest of a game.  In case you are interested, my plan is just to buy the cheapest one I can find on Amazon or something ("Acceptable" condition or above) and mail it directly to you.  I would play through it myself but I lack the time.
Wiiaboo
Quote from InsipidMuckyWater:

What you get

What you need to do
Play through Mortal Kombat Special Forces after you receive the game and volunteer to verify the run that was submitted FOREVER ago.  Also, I'll need your address at some point.  You also need to be someone who has been a member here for at least a little while; though, the specifics as to this are pretty much at my discretion. 

Post here in this thread if you'd like to do this.  I'll PM you.  If you do not follow through with the verification, we can come up with a remedy later (mail to someone else from your location; send back to me; send me the cash equivalent, or just the usual 'you get a black mark on your reputation around here' problem; etc.)

Look at it this way: you get a free game and all you need to verify is to have some time to play through this crapfest of a game.  In case you are interested, my plan is just to buy the cheapest one I can find on Amazon or something ("Acceptable" condition or above) and mail it directly to you.  I would play through it myself but I lack the time.

I would love to help out with this. As for myself, I have the time but not the spare dough. Tongue
Intruding N313 and F014
That is a great idea to help get runs verified.  There are many runs that are less popular (and it sounds like a bunch more are coming thanks to PJ) and this would definitely help get verifiers.
Bribing people to verify obscure games could prove to be an interesting future practice. I'll have to keep it in mind for one I have lined up.
Magical. Flying. Bathtub
That's pretty neat.  What system is it on?  And does that include the UK?  I must say it's tempting...
Waiting hurts my soul...

What you get

What you need to do

I'll help out with this. I don't really want to keep the game, but I'm willing to help verify something if I can just play through it for free. I'm willing to send it off to someone else or back to you as well.

I may just do this with Hercules since it seems no one has played it.
Magical. Flying. Bathtub
This would work quite well with pjs poverty game thing as well, once the game has been run, send it around so it can be verified properly.
Robosparkle:  Um, I think I will keep to within the continental United States.  I could branch out, but I'm pleased that many have responded positively to the idea, so at least for this particular game I don't think I will worry about anything more complicated than what it needs to be.  Oh, and the game is for the original Playstation.

It looks like I already have a couple people who are serious about trying this out.  I'll wait a couple days just to see if others are interested.  Once I finish my internship (knock on wood), I should start earning some money again, so I might do this for other games soon.  But for now I'll stick with just MKSF.
Actually, I think I'll modify the guidelines to include that it doesn't have to be a cash prize that gets offered. The Awesome Games Done Quick marathons also had really cool prizes that weren't cash-related. It was never against the rules to have these types of prizes, but now that this one has gathered quite a bit of interest, I think it deserves more promotion.

What you get

What you need to do

can't you just play the ROM?...