--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
lillbrorsan: 2014-04-07 12:30:18 pm
Truljin @ Twitch
Done 4 full practice runs and currently at 2:40:22, expect to get sub 2:40 tomorrow.

I had a weird thing happen to me by mistake, did this sick combo, worth looking into or?
http://www.twitch.tv/truljin/c/4003262

One more thing, there is one attack on the first boss that you can do that will instantly force him to put up his defense.

I would really like to look into more glitches in this game and see if they can be used in a run.

Last but not least, is there any way (even modifying gamefiles) to allow skipping of cutscenes?
Ok let's start from the end.
About skipping cutscenes, I have no idea, but I would say it's imposible. If it could be done in any of the verison (PS2/Xbox/PC) it would be interesting but I think it's not.

I know that someone almost pass throught the door on Xbox, but I wasn't able to repeat it http://www.twitch.tv/rocmox/c/1764953
But I tried to do that trick (roll and using camera) in other places, but I didn't found anything interesting.

What kind of attack you are talking ? and you mean the first doomz on the lighthouse yes ? As now he always put defence on after getting hit 3 times. I really want to know if there is any other way.

About this combo and this boss, you never know. Few months back I was testing him really hard.
I found this: Every boss are scripted to do something after getting hit specific number of times. with this one, when ever I hit him more then 16 times (?) or so, at the end phase of battle he comes out and chase me, but if I hit him less then that, and after he comes out and get hit, he immediately hide and fight is over.
Maybe if you hit him crazy number of times, he will die immediately, who knows.
Truljin @ Twitch
The main issue with the game is the lack of being able to skip cutscenes, maybe there is a way to do it just that no one has found how to yet... or so I hope.

I tested that door glitch as well but like many of the OOBs and stuff they only seem to work on console.

As for the attack, not 100% sure how to do it at the moment but it is a strong attack one can do after the super.

Can't seem to push the first boss any faster at the moment, always dies at the same spot.

Had 2 softlocks happen the same day, never seen any of these before but both related to Crochax AI D:

Pey'j softlock in Black Isle
http://www.twitch.tv/truljin/c/4078398

Double H softlock in the cave
http://www.twitch.tv/truljin/c/4078416

I also had the tutorial message for picking up the camera not show up during one attempt, no idea how to reproduce it.
Edit history:
Senvy: 2014-04-18 12:19:39 pm
Senvy: 2014-04-18 12:19:06 pm
On first soft lock, maybe doing super attack would help ? On second, well its funny. Sometimes in the same place, Double H fall down, or was attacking crochax too close to the edge, or crochax spawn in the wall and I wasn't unable to attack it. Each time I run away a little and everything was fine.

The attack you mentioned earlier, I had something like had few times, but not on boss, but on normal enemies. Dunno how I did, or how it happend.

Quote from lillbrorsan:
I also had the tutorial message for picking up the camera not show up during one attempt, no idea how to reproduce it.

I think I had something similar (maybe) I think once when I picked camera, it didn't scan, or I didn't get zoom to Jade face (really I don't remember). Maybe it was random. We are (I think so) playing this game on newer system, which is maybe the cause. It gave me a hard time setting up the game, so who know why this happend.
Truljin @ Twitch
Spoke to Pac on IRC and he managed to set up a page for us on SRR instead of having a Google Doc for leaderboards, you can find it at http://www.speedrunrecords.com/Beyond_Good_and_Evil
Nice, I will check site soon. I will try find more free time, and do some practice today or tomorrow (I need to recall the route) and try doing runs this week. Hopefully I will have enough free time.
Hey guys, it's been a while.

I had to focus more on school, but now I have little more free time, so I'm streaming again.
Yesterday after few tries, I took back WR in any% from Truljin. New time is 2:31:42.
I changed a route little (changed 2 picture of animals and place where I take PA1), and also worked on practicing little things like: where to stand to take picture of animals without problem, or I finded new way to do some stealth mission. In slaughterhouse 1 and 3 I saved 10 and 15 sec.

I think that any time under 2:30:00 is possible but can't say any specific time. After my run, Seronei show me little trick with box that could save maybe another 10-20 sec, but it's little hard to do. Also I'm sure that there are other places where you can do better then I'm currently doing.

And lastly, I was messing with the game today with Cheat Engine. I was hoping to find some kind of skip, or at least see if any kind of skip is possible. Sadly, nothing worked. With help of Cheat Engine, I got nice amount of pearls, and bought everything I could (cannon, jumping device) and headed to slaughterhouse. When I wanted to leave hovercraft, game crashed 3 times. I think the reason is, when you normaly get there, you have Double H with you, not Peyj. I only can think of this reason, because you can hear Peyj when he isn't with you through the game, same was here with Double H, but looks like game can't handle the missing person or wrong persona.
F*ckin' sanity effects...
Hey Senvy, meant to say earlier that I really enjoyed your previous PB and I'm really looking forward to watching your latest later this week.  Great efforts!
Thanks Uilnslcoap, good to hear it.

Today I was able to to beat my time. New PB / WR is 2:29:57
It was really good run, and almost deathless. If I remember right, I only died once, at the end.
I'm really happy that I was able to get sub 2:30:00, and, well I think (and hope) it will be really hard to beat it hehehe.

For now I will stop speedrunning this game. I feel like I have enough of it, and also good time. Now I will focus on other games that I was speedrunning. I think I will start with Parasite Eve 2.
So hey guys, its been a while.
After some break from this game, and one new time (from Hvqoi French speedrunner) I wanted to improve my time, and I did it.

I don't count the time Hvqoi got, because he had faster cutscene everywhere, so my intro took me around 2:20 min and his was only 2 min long so its already 20 sec faster, and then I left Lighthouse on 11:45 and he left on 10:16. Almost 1:30 min different. In 2:30 h long game where cutscene take around 1:30 h from the run, faster cutscene are making a huge different.

Anyway I first improved my time from 2:29:57 to 2:29:17, so I improved it by 40 sec, but still could do better (and in case still someone though that hvqoi time was better) and yesterday I improved it again, and the final time is 2:28:15 so now I can say proudly that my time is new WR.

This run had 2 new "huge" save times. For both of them, I need to thanks other. In Black Isle when I die to crabs ( purposely ), it skip next cutscene right before the boss fight. It saves around 10 sec I think - For this one shoutout to French community.
For second one, I need to thanks Resonei. After the chase with alpha spider in slaughterhouse, I don't push the box around the bariers to get pass the big mine, instead I push it over the fence, this one save much more time. Comparing it to normal way, it save around 20-30 sec I think.
Other then that, there is no change to the route, only my movement and execution are better. I still could save maybe another 1 min but I will leave it for now.
What I can do is improve my 100% time. With the better execution I could save a lot of time hehe, but for now I had enough of this game.
F*ckin' sanity effects...
Nice run!  Wow, Double H really screwed you near the end of Nutripills, but at least he was cooperative in the final boss fight, haha.
Edit history:
Senvy: 2016-10-17 04:39:12 am
Hey once again. It's been a while since I last posted some news.

About 3 months ago, some new guys message to me about speedrunning Beyond Good & Evil and finding new skips / glitchs.
From that time, everything went so fast that its hard to explain everything.

Fehnn found many amazing skips ang glitchs. Few of them are really amazing and saves quite a bit of time.
With DCLuoth, UnderscorePoY and me, we focused on improving the route, movement, timing. We did pretty good, and also both of them found some new little improvements.

I also did found some little glitchs / skips and route improvements.

And about what was found -

Black Isle - De Castellac Skip
By walking at specific angle, we can skip first cutscene in Black isle - saves about 30 sec

Black Isle - little changeds here and there nothing big

Nutripills Factory - Before entering, we are getting few extra booster for later skip. Little change just before freeing Double H while fighting alpha drone spider near elevator.
Complete new fight with final boss. If I recall correct, UnderscorePoY or DCLuoth found a way to speed this fight drastically by skiping the boss phase, saving around another 30-60 sec
At the end, making Double H destroy gate faster while fightiing croxac.

Slaughterhouse - After escaping the Alpha Spider Fehnn found a skip, and UnderscorePoY improved it, thanks to that skip we save about 1-2 min compare to old route.
After that many many little movement and route improvements in all parts, and one new skip.

With all this new stuff, I was able to improve my WR from 2:28:15 to 2:26:XX twice, but I know that I still could do better, and finally I achieved 2:24:59 sub 2:25
Also I changed Speedrun.com layout, added few files, background etc etc. There is also guide for current any% so it could be easier to start speedrunning.

Now I will try and improve 100% that I planeed long time ago.
Once again, it's been a while heh.

To make this short, new people start picking the game, especially now when the game is FREE from Ubiosft 30.
When new people came I kinda started getting back to game. There is one new skip in factory, but most time save is from not making mistakes here and there.

Whats more I at last improved my 3 years old 100% time so yeah.

If anyone is interested with game, you can get it for free from Ubisoft 30, there are also settings posted and the guide to any% route.

So the new any% and 100% time are this - Any% - 2:22:51 and 3:04:31
WHAT
oh damn i just finished watching your old 3:15 run too