1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Batman: Return of the Joker (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
First off, I want to congratulate the runner for putting up with this game. This game shows no mercy to those who actually play it. That being said, Let's get on with the show.

Audio Quality - Good
Video Quality - Good

Stage 1 - Not much to say since there's not much platforming in 1-1. Nice mashing though. Tongue
Stage 2 - Again, Not much to the stage besides some nice maneuvering around the platforms.
Stage 3 - Finally, Some actual platforming!
Besides taking things a little safe in terms of the fast moving platforms and the ice, This stage goes by quite well. Especially at the insta-kill spikes of 3-2.
Stage 4 - ...And now the polar opposite of Stage 3. Oh well, nice dance moves. The boss fight also goes rather well seeing as how the TAS strategy is inconsistent.
Stage 5 - There's not much substance to 5-1, but it seems to go well. Autoscroller is nothing special.
Stage 6 - SUPER BATMAN!
Nice planning to get Super Batman at the lasers. The rest of 6-1 goes well as well as the Joker fight.
Stage 7 - I'll admit. It seems a little bit crazy to go for all those damage boosts since you go through the later half of 7-1 with 1 block of health. Luckily, you refill your health for the boss, so I guess its ok.

Overall, It's a really solid run. I apologize for the lack of comments, but seeing as how nearly half the game is auto-scrolling, there's not really much to comment on. That being said, the parts that actually seem runnable are ran well. Therefore, I say Accept!

Looking forward to the next run.

Quote:
At first I was surprised this got submitted so quickly, but then I watch the run and remember just how little there is to actually optimize because of all the autoscroller sections. While the boss fights could be improved with better mashing (those rocking strats) it's not nearly enough to consider rejecting the run over. The game accepts 30 shots per second with the N weapon, so any boss fight utilizing it could theoretically be pushed quite a bit lower, but the actual execution parts of this run are very clean.

Accept.

Quote from Vibro-arm:
No reason to not accept this. It is clean and has some very good movement where it matters. Just needs someone with a doom finger or something similar to push this lower.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Josh 'funkdoc' Ballard!
Thread title:  
Willing to teach you the impossible
This is why I love this community ♥
spread the dirt to the populace
wow, very quick verification this time! thank you all so much =)