Sad
<- 1  -   of 26 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I'm a scrubby noob
Your twitch stream are saved for 3 days or 1 week. To save it forever, you have to click on the video then choose Save Forever in settings, or do a highlight with this video
Edit history:
moepOOO: 2013-01-16 12:06:53 am
nope.avi
I bought the game yesterday and made, after first completing the game normally, a 25 minute run, and 2nd try was 21 minutes.

I get the double Shard/Core 95% of all time with mouse wheel its pretty ok, but I fail at the Hanging Gardens double skip, the Cinderbrick Double Skip and the second skip at the lagoon, i manage to hit the first knockup 25% of all time, but never the second. I also open the first barrier at Cauldron,  I dunno I just cant skip through and it doesn't consume that much time.

I play with WASD and I have quite some problems timing the Spike Vault, do you like tap roll at the closest edge and instnatly vault up?

Also I enjoy running this, thanks for the tips and findings, really epic stuff.
Quote from moepOOO:
I bought the game yesterday and made, after first completing the game normally, a 25 minute run, and 2nd try was 21 minutes.

I get the double Shard/Core 95% of all time with mouse wheel its pretty ok, but I fail at the Hanging Gardens double skip, the Cinderbrick Double Skip and the second skip at the lagoon, i manage to hit the first knockup 25% of all time, but never the second. I also open the first barrier at Cauldron,  I dunno I just cant skip through and it doesn't consume that much time.

I play with WASD and I have quite some problems timing the Spike Vault, do you like tap roll at the closest edge and instnatly vault up?

WASD rolls are 30% slower than mouse movement rolls. This makes most pike vaults much harder, and some of them impossible.
Immediately after you roll there is a short time where you can't do input (the dotted line will come up but you won't pike vault if you hit it too early), so you want to try and pike vault slightly after you start rolling, and right as you reach the edge of the ground you're on. The roll movement is getting added to the pike vault movement, so you want as much of the roll as possible to be spent pike vaulting.

For Roathus Lagoon, mouse movement will help a lot for making the skips easier because you'll roll farther. All the skips in Roathus Lagoon are possible but a lot more precise with WASD. For the second skip you can also roll through the barricade instead of doing a Queen Anne launch and it will only be slightly slower.
Edit history:
moepOOO: 2013-01-16 06:07:30 pm
moepOOO: 2013-01-16 05:59:22 pm
nope.avi
Quote from Lawyer Dog:
Quote from moepOOO:

WASD rolls are 30% slower than mouse movement rolls. This makes most pike vaults much harder, and some of them impossible.
Immediately after you roll there is a short time where you can't do input (the dotted line will come up but you won't pike vault if you hit it too early), so you want to try and pike vault slightly after you start rolling, and right as you reach the edge of the ground you're on. The roll movement is getting added to the pike vault movement, so you want as much of the roll as possible to be spent pike vaulting.

For Roathus Lagoon, mouse movement will help a lot for making the skips easier because you'll roll farther. All the skips in Roathus Lagoon are possible but a lot more precise with WASD. For the second skip you can also roll through the barricade instead of doing a Queen Anne launch and it will only be slightly slower.

Thanks for the tip, I can do Hanging Gardens glitch quite often now and Cinderblock pretty often, I have good times until Lagoon comes up, those skips screw my runs up 90% of all time. Those 2 knockups are insane hard and I discovered some funny glitches that arent really useful there. My PB is now 19:09 min, cause I got killed lagoon even once, my time after finishing Cinderblock is  8:50 but Lagoon is stupid.
I also killed the big frog before he jumped now 3 times aswell Smiley

Edit: new PB 18:30, almost died Lagoon again, lost a ton of time there, I just cant do the skips by getting knocked up. They're insane.
Edit2: I also use 5 black Tonic because Im absolut not confident with 3, because I miss some still.
Caelondian Mason
Decided to attempt a NG+ All Story Levels run with all 10 idols invoked, it was pretty fun; I think I'm going to start doing all my practices like this lol won't bother posting my time because I missed a few vaults because of god-squirts;
Edit history:
Red_Buddha: 2013-01-16 09:52:16 pm
New pb of 14:53. v_v 1 second saved in a run that lost 7 seconds on Roathus and was -.4 on Wharf District when I had a run going that would have been -5 but the second core trolled me and played its activation animation. Add in the time lost to falls and sub 14:35 is definitely my goal before being done with Bastion. At least for a little while.

http://www.twitch.tv/redbuddha/c/1841236
Edit history:
moepOOO: 2013-01-17 03:42:52 pm
moepOOO: 2013-01-17 03:31:40 am
nope.avi
EDIT: New PB 17:41 on video. Worst Splits ever but improved because I did Lagoon flawless.
Slightly made it through Gardens Skip last Tonic, +27
Slightly made it through Cinderblock Skip last Tonic, +39 overall
Lagoon flawless, -27 overall  (-1:06, wat)
Edit history:
Incalex: 2013-01-17 05:34:10 pm
Incalex: 2013-01-17 10:37:53 am
Incalex: 2013-01-17 10:37:32 am
I'm a scrubby noob
If you want to chat, come to the SRL IRC (irc.speedrunslive.com) channel #bastion.
Btw OBJ : done NG+ any% in 15:33 http://www.twitch.tv/inkalex/c/1838833
If you can update this in leaderboards

EDIT :
Spreadsheet updated : Red_Buddha ok, moepOOO ok, my request ok
Edit history:
mazei: 2013-01-18 04:57:34 am
mazei: 2013-01-18 04:56:36 am

improved NG any% (note the splits in brackets are my best splits, not the runs splits)

could definitely go sub-16:50
Edit history:
mazei: 2013-01-21 02:25:00 pm

will do another run, fell off at colford and workmen, else sub-16:40 =/

edit
well shit, guess only my first runs of the day are actually any good =.=
Edit history:
mazei: 2013-02-06 03:55:37 pm
mazei: 2013-02-04 01:12:46 pm
mazei: 2013-02-03 04:57:44 pm
mazei: 2013-02-03 04:55:10 pm

I've reached my goal, though it can still be improved on. What gave me a huge boost was figuring out a way to speed up Workmen Ward quite a bit. Kill the first set(3 of them) of scumbags as fast as possible, it triggers the ally gasfella spawn. Unless I'm just screwing up every other run when I don't do that or something, from what I can see it seems to speed up the stage somewhat.

The run though, fell off at Hanging Gardens, Cinderbrick Fort, and Cauldron. From that, maybe a sub-16:30 is possible, though I think that might be the limit, unless there are small things which can be improved on and bring it to sub 16:20 altogether.

edit
for now I'm probably gonna move on from NG any%, gonna try my hand at NG 100%

edit2
Just got done with my first timed NG 100% run, so bad lol, had to restart Burstone Quarry cuz died at boss. 58:48.89 nevertheless.
http://www.twitch.tv/mazei513/c/1917761

Well I've done a few NG ASL runs and 54:14 seems to be the fastest I can achieve.
I've been doing a few runs here and there, still haven't got a decent any%.  I get about 30% consistency on the doubles so I've given up for now.  I streamed and ASL attempt and found an interesting glitch.  Not useful at all, but I thought it was hilarious.  I died in Zulten's hollow after the last barrier skip when you meet Zia.  The one guy that chases you sometimes killed me the moment I triggered the load screen for the bastion and I spawned in pitch-blackness.  Take a look:

No new PB's though, I'll keep trying Cheesy
That glitch is known, and has been ending runs for a while now (in all sorts of places). You can still play normally, but the blackness makes it very hard to get anywhere near a good time.
Edit history:
Lawyer Dog: 2013-02-15 09:03:27 am
Lawyer Dog: 2013-02-15 01:15:07 am
Lawyer Dog: 2013-02-15 01:02:55 am
Lawyer Dog: 2013-02-15 12:50:35 am
Lawyer Dog: 2013-02-15 12:49:35 am
Any% [NG] - 0:16:32.93 - http://i.imgur.com/7qT4TYZ.png
All Story Levels [NG] - 0:50:59.80 - http://i.imgur.com/Vwm1TJn.png
All Story Levels [NG+] - 0:47:44.30 - http://i.imgur.com/E0DgRM0.png
As the runs are processed they'll be put in this playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5F6C659CA91C1269
The listed times are from checking the first frame of control and the last frame of control.
Hi I'm Zach! I play games!
I watch videos and have asked everywhere but no body can tell me how you get 2 cores by the first time you reach Bastion. These are needed to take the fastest possible route, but I have no clue for the life of me where they get this 2nd core at. I've searched everywhere I could possibly think of for help, but alas I still have nothing. Here are some videos for examples of the same guy doing it.  (I'm sorry if I'm posting these wrong, first time posting please correct me if there is another way I should be linking)

What I'm talking about happens around 3:40-4:00.

And around the same time in this video as well. I just can't for my damn life figure out how he gets that second core he places to unlock the city further. Does anybody anywhere know how this is done? Thanks in advance for any help guys!
All Story Levels [NG] - 0:50:14.56 - http://i.imgur.com/DIrzie7.png (late split, 90437 frames at 30fps)
Edit history:
Red_Buddha: 2013-02-24 02:56:40 pm
48:30 New Game + all levels. Not much to say about it, nothing new, just mistake ridden. I might try improving over the next week.
Been trying to do any% newgame+, but three times straight I've missed the double core on Warf district. I'm using the mousewheel, but it doesn't seem to want to work for me. Is there something I'm missing here, or is it just that inconsistant?
Edit history:
Red_Buddha: 2013-03-03 11:41:39 pm
It is an inconsistent trick. sadly, not much advice i can offer outside of continuing to try it, make sure you're fully spinning the mouse wheel and make sure the game is running at a good frame rate. I personally find double cores harder to get when the game is running at lower frame rates.

Some days I just can't seem to get it to work at all though. Maybe the same is happening for you? Good luck with it though!
I'm a scrubby noob
I don't know if I said it before, but I never fail this trick. But I use a mouse with "free wheel" so it's way easier to do the trick. Anyway, one thing that RedBuddha said and it's true : a lower framerate will just make things worse. Try to have a solid 60fps.
In case you haven't heard, Supergiant is coming out with a new game called Transistor.  Looks sorta similar to Bastion, isometric combat, though very sci-fi.  Check it out http://supergiantgames.com/?p=1816
Yeah so hyped for it
Quote from Zeta:
Been trying to do any% newgame+, but three times straight I've missed the double core on Warf district. I'm using the mousewheel, but it doesn't seem to want to work for me. Is there something I'm missing here, or is it just that inconsistant?

Scroll faster! I had this problem before a lot more than I do now, I think I just wore my mousewheel in a bit, or maybe it was just practice.

Quote from OBJ:
In case you haven't heard, Supergiant is coming out with a new game called Transistor.  Looks sorta similar to Bastion, isometric combat, though very sci-fi.  Check it out http://supergiantgames.com/?p=1816

Thanks! I can't believe it took me till today to find out about this. Looks pretty awesome, but I'm not too keen on the protagonists character design personally.
I'm a scrubby noob
Quote from OBJ:

I think I'll buy this game when it'll came out. And instant speedrun if I like it