page  <- 1234567891011 -> <- 1 .. 6 .. 11 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Claimh Happy
Quote from ChocoPoptart:
Again, I'm not sure how the route actually goes, but if you're close to The End door right after getting the yellow gun then it could be possible to 'elevator' up to the top level while standing on a block using the yellow gun's ability. Though that might not actually save any time...

Yeah, that's what I was saying. I'll try to do a rough run at some point just to show the route and the alternatives
I just timed it, and it takes about 1:10 extra to get all the way up to the room where the gun is, do the puzzle, and then hop back down. Although I'm sure it could've been done a few seconds faster. Not sure how much time you lose on the last puzzle if you skip the red gun, so this might be a possibility.
Claimh Happy
hm...there's also another route to the red gun that I don't know if it's faster. I don't think it takes an extra minute in the end, but I could be wrong.

By the way, it was mentioned earlier that the "black gun" is functionally the same as the red gun, but can someone test with the yellow gun? I suspect it just changes the color of the gun you have, I'd be surprised if it gave you the red gun.
Just got the 'black gun' with only the yellow one obtained, and it seems to indeed have the same properties as the red gun.
Edit history:
ChocoPoptart: 2013-02-05 07:26:52 pm
Yes, it's useless, but interesting...
Edit history:
Aurora: 2013-02-05 07:28:34 pm
Aurora: 2013-02-05 07:26:51 pm
HAH
WR BLACK GUN THROUGH YELLOW GUN GET

I do find it interesting the black gun is indeed a thing, and not just a recolor of the current gun you have
It seems to be the final gun too, seeing as I just went and got the red gun and it didn't overwrite the black one.
Edit history:
rotgertesla: 2013-02-05 07:33:37 pm
rotgertesla: 2013-02-05 07:32:44 pm
rotgertesla: 2013-02-05 07:32:37 pm
the only way to get back the red gun is to finish the game I think. Wich might make it impossible to use without ESC
Yup, as soon as you finish and restart the game you wind up with your yellow gun back.
If you pick up the red gun while you have the black gun it won't change. But when you restart the game (just quitting or actually finishing the game) it will revert back to the red gun instead of the yellow gun.
Interdasting.
Freedom Undefined
Just for those interested there are two black guns, one is the one you're talking about that shoots black cubes, and another labeled the dark gun that shoots the anti-cube  (what I like to call it, since it looks like a glob of antimatter), I wonder if these exist in the world somewhere.
Demonstration:

Also, can someone noclip through a wall and grab the anti-cube before it gets away early in the game? I want to know what happens, I just can't remember where it shows up.
Not a Zelda 2 refrence
it's not possible to absorb the moving black cube
As far as I know the only place the "anticube" gun exists legitimately is after you trigger the end, the black gun is just a normal one you used that shares the same features as the red one, as you explained.
I do wonder myself if the blackgun is somewhere else in the world though.
Edit history:
Schlepian: 2013-02-06 02:24:17 pm
Schlepian: 2013-02-06 07:08:27 am
The black gun was never an intended part of the game. I asked the developer when i discovered it he said it was a nice bug and will leave it as an easter egg. - So I will say that no- it is not a part of the game.

I also present for your guys' amusement my No Esc run. 11m22s - Not the cleanest run but I think the route is alright -

Edit history:
123zc: 2013-02-06 07:02:39 pm
I just recorded a quick noesc run on that route where I grabbed the red gun. It comes out to ~11:21 with plenty of errors. Screwed up The Chase and a green segment quite a bit, guess that's what I get for not practicing.

I'll edit this post when it's rendered.
nevermind, I got bored
lol thanks for beating the time by 1 second - I was hoping for some 1 to shave at least 30 seconds off before reposting. - Im sure ~ 10- minutes is possible.
Sub 10 is definitely possible. And not trying to undermine your record, just seeing how grabbing the red gun compares Smiley .
Edit history:
Aurora: 2013-02-06 05:03:53 pm
Alright, so I figured I'd try the NoEsc route and my first run actually turned out way better than expected. It's done uploading, but since Youtube apparently hates the way FFsplit encodes and the filesize from a re-encode was going to be about 550MB, it might take a bit to process. Nevermind, that was shorter than I expected.

Edit history:
fawwles: 2013-02-06 05:36:49 pm
I managed to get 9:10 after 2 runs by riding a yellow cube upwards in the area just before the exit, which takes you to the floating "WALK" text. From there you can ride another cube up and easily get the red gun. Probably not the fastest way to do it, but sub-8 is definitely possible this way. It was a really really sloppy run and I can't be bothered waiting for encoding + upload times, so no upload for now.

e: whoops this has already been discussed, dunno how I missed that
Well my run has been rendered useless. I was having some technical problems anyway, so I'll just forget about it.

Anyway, congrats on the run. Sub 10 came faster than I expected.
Not a Zelda 2 refrence
leapfrog seems like the wrong puzzle to do for a no esc run. Since you are right there you might as well get all four blocks and do the green gun puzzle that's right there.
Gets the cake.
My initial thought was that the black gun was just "another gun" that colored your gun black but gave you the next in the progression. I just checked, though, and even if you start to pick it up with the blue gun it gives you the black gun with the powers of the red gun. Very interesting indeed.
Does the black gun normally exist in the game?
Yes it does. In the final room, if you tap right click on the anticube, your gun turns black. Then you can esc and go anywhere with your black gun until you exit the game.