ONOGMuffins: 2015-12-14 02:36:18 pm
ONOGMuffins: 2015-12-14 02:34:39 pm
ONOGMuffins: 2015-12-10 02:16:08 pm
ONOGMuffins: 2015-12-08 10:02:48 pm
ONOGMuffins: 2015-11-30 08:18:08 am
ONOGMuffins: 2015-11-13 02:34:25 pm
ONOGMuffins: 2015-11-13 02:19:53 pm
Volunteer Schedule for 2016:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bzye7vftwx1U6PZeJMDsywSmP-GnhJC18oP90P2M6gk/

We have tried our best to put the schedule into a convenient third tab "Schedule by Person" If you find any errors with your shifts, please let us know. The most accurate shifts are the ones in the first two tabs.

We are currently going through set up and break down volunteers and vetting chatmods.

--------

This thread and form is only for signing up to volunteer. The due date is December 8th (11:59pm EST) for signing up, and the schedule will be released at a later time.

Thank you to those of you who signed up before the deadline. The form has been deactivated and we will get back to all of you as soon as we can.

Emails for successful auditions have been sent out. Please check your email if you have been waiting for it!

We are also opening signups for offsite volunteer roles in addition to the normal onsite volunteers.  All volunteers will report to Volunteer Coordinators Muffins, Vulajin and Alventenie unless noted otherwise.

Offsite:

Chat moderators: Moderating Twitch chat, quakenet chat.

Onsite:

Donation station: What we generally need the most manpower for. Responsibilities include reading and filtering donation comments, and choosing donation comments to be read by the host.

Tech station: Responsibilities include operating the streaming software and audio mixer, and ensuring the stream is working to standards.

Hosting: Responsibilities include reading donation comments on stream, and plugging the event, charity and sponsors.

Registration: Responsibilities include checking in attendees and distributing badges.

Posting Photos (Reports to Sumichu): Responsibilities include taking photos in the event spaces at AGDQ and live tweeting them to the GDQ twitter account.

Feel free to ask questions about the roles and/or scheduling in this topic.

Signing up to volunteer does not count as event registrations, though volunteers for AGDQ 2016 will be given a refund of the full price of their ticket once they have been shifted.
Any volunteers who have not registered for AGDQ 2016 by December 10 will not be scheduled.
Thread title:  
#FailFish
submitted! looking forward to working with y'all again!
twitch.tv/pxmacaiah
Question: Why is "Will you be onsite" not the only question on the first page so off site people don't have to fill in pointless stuff
All the information on the first page is required of both onsite and offsite volunteers and is used for contacting volunteers before and during the event.

For offsite information the availability helps us know that we have full coverage at all times and to accommodate for downtime accordingly.
Edit history:
CBenni: 2015-11-13 02:50:14 pm
Just to clarify: offsite volunteers from last SGDQ/AGDQ will have to reapply? I would be surprised if not, but just to be sure Wink
Quote from CBenni:
Just to clarify: offsite volunteers from last SGDQ/AGDQ will have to reapply? I would be surprised if not, but just to be sure Wink

Yes, we need to be able to know who is going to be around and available.
Thanks Wink
Stay frosty my friends!
Done! audio file coming in later. ^__^
Signed up!
Whoo! Just sent in my resume with my audition!
Dapper as fuck.
Bam.  Signed up.
NowOwnsAFreaking Plane
Applied.  I may be unable to send in an audition file this time around secondary to currently being in the rain forest without electricity, only internet until Mid-December is the worst and slowest mobile data connection you've ever seen.  Considering I've hosted at the past two GDQs, is it possible for me to ask for either an exemption or an extension on audition file, as uploading will be nearly impossible for me until December 9th?  Could you either PM on here or email me shortly on this?  Thank you very much.
Quote from CosmykTheDolfyn:
Applied.  I may be unable to send in an audition file this time around secondary to currently being in the rain forest without electricity, only internet until Mid-December is the worst and slowest mobile data connection you've ever seen.  Considering I've hosted at the past two GDQs, is it possible for me to ask for either an exemption or an extension on audition file, as uploading will be nearly impossible for me until December 9th?  Could you either PM on here or email me shortly on this?  Thank you very much.

I sent you an email as soon as I saw you applied.
words on words on words
Are we using slack again for offsite volunteers?
Quote from JTBeezy:
Are we using slack again for offsite volunteers?

Yes.
Clear as a crisp spring morning!
What is a "GDQ Account"? I'm assuming I can just write "Efreeti"
Quote from Efreeti:
What is a "GDQ Account"? I'm assuming I can just write "Efreeti"

Yes, for offsite just use your username that you are known by.

A GDQ account is the account people onsite have registered with on gamesdonequick.com so that we can go through and mark them as volunteers.
Clear as a crisp spring morning!
Okay, thank you, signed up!
Edit history:
EvenSteven02: 2015-11-13 06:11:55 pm
Stay frosty my friends!
I got an email from gamesdonequick admins saying that the "group you tried to contact (volunteer) may not exist, or you may not have permission to post messages." So, I'm not sure if my audition audio file went through or not.

If possible, may I get an exemption since I already have previous hosting experience?
Edit history:
ONOGMuffins: 2015-11-13 06:20:51 pm
Quote from EvenSteven02:
I got an email from gamesdonequick admins saying that the "group you tried to contact (volunteer) may not exist, or you may not have permission to post messages." So, I'm not sure if my audition audio file went through or not.

If possible, may I get an exemption since I already have previous hosting experience?

Send it to hannahbachelder@gamesdonequick.com while we figure it out. Thank you.

Edit: The setting has been changed, the volunteer@gamesdonequick.com address is working now.
Stay frosty my friends!
Sent my audition again. Hope it worked!
Quote from EvenSteven02:
Sent my audition again. Hope it worked!

I got it thank you!
Edit history:
musical_daredevil: 2015-11-13 07:25:30 pm
musical_daredevil: 2015-11-13 07:25:19 pm
If we're available for setup or teardown, what dates/times should we put in the form?
Set up proper will start on December 31.

Breakdown will happen on the 10th and continue to the 11th if needed.