Sad
<- 1234567 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Kotti: Maybe? I think broman is sticking around for bonus stream.

PAL N64? Will that work on a ntsc tv?
Edit history:
DrCoolGuy: 2013-12-26 07:59:58 pm
Just a guy
Quote from mikwuyma:

According to my spreadsheet, he's staying til the 15th, so yeah.
I'm bringing a copy of Heart Gold, but if someone else could bring a copy of Soul Silver that would be much appreciated, as it's faster (and more importantly, more consistent) for the run I'm doing
Hey, I can bring like a, 17 inch LCD TV if needed (It was the Dynex from SGDQ that had stickers all over it). Are we in as big a huff for TVs? I saw the TV Emporium Mike is bringing Tongue
Quote from mikwuyma:

PAL N64? Will that work on a ntsc tv?

I guess it depends on the age of the CRT, if not I'm sure people are bringing voltage converters so it shouldn't be a problem?
Quote from wersterlobe:
I'm bringing a copy of Heart Gold, but if someone else could bring a copy of Soul Silver that would be much appreciated, as it's faster (and more importantly, more consistent) for the run I'm doing

I can bring mine, no problem
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Studio, more tvs can always help.

Synaww: I have no idea if anyone is bringing voltage converters. I wasn't expecting to need any voltage converters so I haven't bothered shopping for any. If there's one I can get off of amazon then I'll order it. Are the Goldeneye runners seriously expecting to play on the PAL version?
I know there's at least one Perfect Dark level that has a PAL-only timesaver. For this reason, a lot of PD individual-level players from NTSC regions have wanted to play on the PAL version, so they could do IL runs on these level(s) using the PAL strategies. I don't think the PAL request is for the main marathon run (but don't take my word for it, since I've been out of the Elite loop for a while).
I'm listed as bringing GBA Player and Gamecube. Due to the abundance of Gamecubes, I'm considering just bringing the GBA player, controllers, cables, and boot disc. This is also partly due to baggage weight constraints. Is this a problem? I can bring the whole setup if needed.
All the things
Nope, that's perfectly fine.
Not a walrus
I'm going to be bringing my own keyboard and mouse for Deus Ex, because I need a mouse with a good freespin wheel and I'd hate to find out none of the mice there are up to the task. Would surprise me, but mice are easy to transport. Tongue

And they keyboard just because I'm used to the layout, as Deus Ex is pretty keystroke heavy in a lot of spots.
The Dork Knight himself.
Quote from UraniumAnchor:
And they keyboard just because I'm used to the layout, as Deus Ex is pretty keystroke heavy in a lot of spots.

Please, you just want something heavy to hit people with when they cross you Wink

On a more serious note, does anybody know of a game store or similar place where we can grab equipment on the fly in case something breaks or we can't bring all of our own stuff?
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2013-12-31 05:49:02 pm
Not a walrus
I'm pretty sure this keyboard would snap in half if I tried to hit anybody with it.

Edit: Also there's a Best Buy that's not too far away, worst case.
All the things
Quote from UraniumAnchor:
I'm pretty sure this keyboard would snap in half if I tried to hit anybody with it.

Sounds like a great way to transform it into an ergonomic keyboard.
Balls jerky
I could bring my old ass Model M. That's a pretty good club.
Claimh Happy
Almost forgot to say it here, but I'll have my copy of Sonic Adventure DX with me now that it's in the marathon.
Haters gonna hate
Important question. Do the 360s have A/V cables? The one I'm bringing does, and we need another one for the SotN race. Playing it in HD causes input lag that could throw us off badly.
The Dork Knight himself.
Another question: since I'm bringing my computer, I need to remove the video card (and possibly some other parts) so I don't damage the ports, and I just realized I don't have any anti-static bags large enough. Does anybody know of any alternatives I can use to wrap electronics in without damaging them?
Just a guy
Quote from honorableJay:
Another question: since I'm bringing my computer, I need to remove the video card (and possibly some other parts) so I don't damage the ports, and I just realized I don't have any anti-static bags large enough. Does anybody know of any alternatives I can use to wrap electronics in without damaging them?

Staples has anti-static bubble wrap, if that helps.
Edit history:
Omnigamer: 2014-01-01 03:45:26 pm
All the things
If we have a few more people bringing SNES mice, we could get some pretty sweet Pieces matches going Wink

(I'm bringing one, but that's all I've got.)
Is PJ
Quote from Omnigamer:
If we have a few more people bringing SNES mice, we could get some pretty sweet Pieces matches going Wink

(I'm bringing one, but that's all I've got.)

My SNES mouse barely works.  Neither of the clicks likes to register.  I'm assuming that's normal though.
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
I... can actually bring an SNES mouse, and the original mousepad. Because that's the only legit way to use it.
I have an SNES mouse, but it's missing the ball.  I also have the original mousepad that goes with it.
Balls jerky
Quote from honorableJay:

Aluminum foil can be used in a pinch.
Edit history:
Dana Crysalis: 2014-01-02 11:55:43 am
Let's Dance!
I threw this in the doc, but I figured I better make a post about it too, in case someone sees it and wants to.  I am bringing my Commodore 64, so if anyone has boxes of disks they'd like to play again or anything like that, feel free to bring'em!  I have a disk drive (not tape drive), controller (and there will be SMS pads around to use as well), so whatever you bring on disk should be playable.

Edit, I also stumbled across a SNES mouse in a box, I'll bring it in case a spare is needed!