Smiley
Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 ... 12, 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
So when I land (at IAD) I just call the hotel, ask for a shuttle to come pick me up, and wait at gate 2Aoutside of baggage claim until x:15 or x:45 o'clock, and they'll take me to the hotel? I really hope I'm not missing something here.
King of the Choads
Almo, I'm pretty sure the shuttle just comes and goes every half hour. Though it wouldn't hurt to call the hotel to find how early/late they're running.
Quote from Almo:
So when I land (at IAD) I just call the hotel, ask for a shuttle to come pick me up, and wait at gate 2Aoutside of baggage claim until x:15 or x:45 o'clock, and they'll take me to the hotel? I really hope I'm not missing something here.

H2, not 2A

https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/last_minute_agdq_2014_guide.html
Quote from MilesTheWolfman:
Almo, I'm pretty sure the shuttle just comes and goes every half hour. Though it wouldn't hurt to call the hotel to find how early/late they're running.

Mike has mentioned many times that it is x:15 or x:45 but he also did mention that it goes every half hour from the hotel to IAD. I would think it goes like that because probably the first pick up is at the hotel where it starts and on the hour then reaches the airport at the 15 minutes past the hour then back to hotel at half past the hour then back to airport at 45 minutes past the hour and the cycle repeats.
The hotel is about 15 minutes away from Dulles, probably not even.

example:

At x:00 it leaves the hotel to go to the airport.
At x:15 it leave the airport to go to the hotel
At x:30 it leaves the hotel to go to the airport
At x:45 it leaves the airport to go to the hotel

You shouldn't need to call for a pickup, it just runs back and forth on its own.

I have a couple trips into DC scheduled for Saturday the 4th for Union Station pickups. I have a dropoff on the 11th as well. Please PM me if you are still looking for a ride to/from Union Station, Reagan National, or Dulles IAD on the weekends before or after the event!
Not a walrus
Quote from Strongfox:
Quote from MilesTheWolfman:

Mike has mentioned many times that it is x:15 or x:45 but he also did mention that it goes every half hour from the hotel to IAD. I would think it goes like that because probably the first pick up is at the hotel where it starts and on the hour then reaches the airport at the 15 minutes past the hour then back to hotel at half past the hour then back to airport at 45 minutes past the hour and the cycle repeats.

Strongfox, I don't know why it is so hard for you to understand when half a dozen green names tell you to stop posting information about the marathon, but you are getting a vacation from the forums until after the marathon is over.
Edit history:
dballin: 2014-01-01 11:44:04 pm
Balls jerky
Officially stating that I get to stop in Hoboken on the way back for znernicus and depending on whether or not DrCoolGuy's ride is solid I might get to hit up Danbury, CT. I seriously might go I-84 through CT anyway because it skips $15 worth of New York tolls while only adding 25-30 minutes to the total travel time. Smiley
The Dork Knight himself.
Just a warning for those that are traveling: NY and much of the east coast is expecting a pretty big snowstorm over the next few days, and currently we're under a state of emergency. If things get any worse, many major roadways could either be completely backed up or shut down. From what I was reading, I-87 and I-95 could be affected. I can't guarantee how far south any closures will be, but plan accordingly if you're taking those highways. I'm gonna sacrifice the soul of some foul creature (probably a family member I don't like to see at Thanksgiving) tomorrow just to make sure the trip is smooth.
King of the Choads
UA, I apologize if I said anything wrong(though I'm assuming I didn't). As for the snow storm, I'm in New Jersey, and where I'm at is slated to get between 8-10 inches of snow. But by Saturday morning, at least near me, the main roads, and the ones that get travelled often should be pretty clear. I'm not sure about your situation Jay, but I hope everything goes alright and that you stay safe. That goes for everyone that's potentially traveling through the storm.
Balls jerky
Welcome to New England in January. Good luck you poor souls. I get a week for things to clear up. Or a second storm to happen. Either way.
Here in MA, we're expecting a foot of snow by Friday morning (although the area I'm in is a pretty high altitude, other MA towns are getting like 6-8), but it should clear up over the weekend. I can't imagine it will be that bad over the weekend, considering the storm is moving eastward. I suppose if you're leaving today or tomorrow you might expect some flight delays, and obviously driving through the northeast the roads won't be perfect, but if you leave Saturday or Sunday then I wouldn't worry.
Drive safe if you're coming through that storm!

The mountains down here usually steal all of our snow (and rain!) so unless the storm is changing to come right for us, the area of the event will probably remain pretty dry.

Which is good because people driving in snow in this area...good grief. You could probably drive better while blindfolded.
Just a guy
Quote from dballin:
depending on whether or not DrCoolGuy's ride is solid I might get to hit up Danbury, CT.

Jay is my ride, everything worked out, so you don't have to worry about me Cheesy

Also it's snowing on and off right now in CT, and it's slated to basically not stop until Friday night lol. That being said, I think main roads/interstates will be fine come Saturday.
Edit history:
obeysumo: 2014-01-16 08:17:01 am
For anyone that ends up at at one of the local airports (BWI, IAD, DCA) that needs a ride to or from, please feel free to hit me up here in a private thread
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I moved up my flight so I could get fly into Dulles instead of Reagan and I'll be arriving at 10:30 PM January 9th. Anybody want to pick me up?

My flight details:

Arriving January 9th 10:30 PM EST American Airlines Flight 2292
I want off the ride....
Quote from spikevegeta:
I moved up my flight so I could get fly into Dulles instead of Reagan and I'll be arriving at 10:30 PM January 9th. Anybody want to pick me up?

My flight details:

Arriving January 9th 10:30 PM EST American Airlines Flight 2292

if your flying into IAD you can just shuttle but if not. I can come get ya. Shouldn't be an issue!
Edit history:
your_name_here: 2014-01-03 07:06:00 pm
your_name_here: 2014-01-03 05:51:37 pm
I was previously getting in through dulles, so I didn't post travel information. But, the storm has caused me to have to get a flight that gets in at BWI. If anyone is available to pick me up, I'll be coming in on
AC7936
Washington, Baltimore (BWI)
Sat 4-Jan 2014
Arrives 22:25

e: I've got a ride now. Thanks darkman.
Edit history:
Valiuse: 2014-01-03 06:56:19 pm
Valiuse: 2014-01-03 06:52:18 pm
Valiuse: 2014-01-03 06:51:09 pm
I'm just going to put this here cause I'm comfortable with it.  If you do not have a designated ride, please either PM me here, or contact me via email at valiuse0@gmail.com.  I have no problem picking people up, and depending on weather should be at the hotel by midday tomorrow.  Please contact me with a phone number so I can contact you directly.  The emails go to my phone so its a bit easier.

Also, as Rane already knows, I will pick up from any of the 3 airports, bus/train stops, wherever needed.  Obviously I wont be driving to anyone's house unless they live within that locale.

Edit: I will be leaving my house in the next few hours, so email is preferred, but not 100% necessary.
Formerly known as Skullboy
Quote from rudyxx:
I'm still trying to find a ride from Magfest to the Crowne on the 4th. If all else fails I'll just take a shuttle to the dulles and then shuttle to the crowne or something.

Rudyxx and I have discussed this via PM and I will be giving him a ride to the Crowne tomorrow afternoon.
Edit history:
ZenicReverie: 2014-01-03 07:10:05 pm
Waiting hurts my soul...
To get to the shuttle @Dulles, exit Door 6, down the ramp, cross a street, turn right, and wait at 2H sign for the Crowne van. This was from the Z gates, so individual mileage may vary.
At the airport right now, waiting for boarding Smiley

HYPE
It sounds like a lot of people's flights are getting cancelled today.  Expect a lot of people's travel plans to be changing.  I won't be in till Monday now.
Good luck to everyone starting their travels today and in the upcoming days.  I can't wait to meet all of you when I get there!
Yeah, a ton of people are getting toasted on flights.  I think I'm fine, but some people might have trouble checking in if their room owner can't get there when planned.  Perhaps people can post if they have space for a few hours to let any wandering travelers rest or nap in their rooms?
AHA
The guy I'm picking up had his flight delayed then changed.  He might even end up at a different airport in the DC area.  Not sure if this is going to be the case for others, so if an extra hand is needed with pickups I'm willing to help out.