Strongfox: 2013-12-26 08:51:33 am
Strongfox: 2013-12-26 08:51:21 am
Strongfox: 2013-12-26 08:45:06 am
Strongfox: 2013-12-26 08:44:12 am
Quote from Dgaul:
Quote from xcd:
Quote from 520:
Yeeeeeeah, I think I'll drive. Thanks!

the route is a bit complicated but it isn't impossible. pretty much you do this: http://puu.sh/5UpSX.png (time changes depending on when you get to union station)... then you take the fairfax connector bus 950 which takes you literally a block away from the hotel.

but yeah if someone wants to pick me up from union station so i dont have to do a bunch of crossing lines + bus that would be great

I am seconding this, and still searching for a pick up.  Though knowing there is this option is nice. ^.^

Maybe contact obeysumo, he said he can pick up from Reagan (DCA) and there is a metro stop at that station. It is much easier then taking the train/metro to location A then bus to location B just to take another shuttle to hotel. You would just take a red line train/metro ride from union station going in the direction of Shady Grove and get off at Gallery Place/Chinatown then switch to a yellow line train/metro ride from Gallery Place/Chinatown going in the direction of Franconia-Springfield/Huntington and getting off at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. It does make you switch lines/trains but it would be easier then going from 1 station to another then switch lines to another station just to have to get off and take a bus to DCA then shuttle bus from DCA to hotel.

EDIT: In saying this I realize that Washington DC is a little hard to drive around in and getting to Union Station by car, taxi, or public city bus, is a little bit hard because of the exact location of Union Station. So it would be hard for anyone driving/picking up. That being said, it does not mean that someone can't pick you up from there, it just means that most likely they don't want too. I'm not going to speak for other people but that is just my take from living in Northern Virginia for 8 years and using Union Station a lot and also from picking people up from Union Station a lot.
This may be a dumb question but for the Dulles shuttle, do you need a plane ticket or anything to get on or can you just board it outright?
My feelings on The Demon Rush
You can just board it outright. It's in H2 in the pickup/taxi area of departures (as in bottom area, not top, you'll know what I mean when you get there).
Quote from mikwuyma:
You can just board it outright. It's in H2 in the pickup/taxi area of departures (as in bottom area, not top, you'll know what I mean when you get there).

This might also be a stupid question, but in the second post of this thread it says
Quote from RaneofSOTN:
The black Crowne Plaza shuttle busses pick up outside the baggage claim level of the main Dulles Airport terminal at curbside labeled 2A.

So yeah, where do the shuttles drive from? 2A or H2? (maybe both?)
Cube Throw = OoB
How hard is it to navigate around the DC metro? I almost never take public transportation, let alone in DC, so this is new territory for me.

I just don't want to get lost when switching lines lol
AHA
Quote from xcd:
How hard is it to navigate around the DC metro? I almost never take public transportation, let alone in DC, so this is new territory for me.

I just don't want to get lost when switching lines lol

It's easy.  If you have the switch lines, there are plenty of signs to guide you at the stations.  But keep a map handy just in case. 
Haters gonna hate
OK, tickets finally officially booked.  Arriving as stated before, at Union Station 5:15 PM on the 4th.  Departure time has changed as they opened another bus that's infinitely more convenient for me.  I'll need a ride that gets me to Union Station at ~10:30 AM on the 13th for an 11:25 departure.
Cheeseburger Walrus
I've found transportation from RR to Dulles, thanks for all the offers though
Could one pick me up at IAD at ~3:30pm the 4th

Also could one drop me off at IAD around 4pm the 11th
Would be grand.
Let's Dance!
So my ride to AGDQ has had unforseen circumstances, and is now not a thing happening.  Is anyone in an area around northern Alabama able to help me get there?  I can get a friend to drive me a little ways out to meet someone if necessary, probably like a 2-3 hour range.
AHA
Quote from Nogatin:
Could one pick me up at IAD at ~3:30pm the 4th

Also could one drop me off at IAD around 4pm the 11th
Would be grand.

Q: Actually, there's a question. What are shuttle times to and from the Dulles Airport? I'll need to know this when I make my flight.
A: The Crown Plaza Dulles Airport offers 24-hour complimentary transportation to and from Washington Dulles International Airport every 30 minutes. We recommend programming the hotel telephone number in to your cell phone (703-471-6700) so that you can call us as  you are arriving from your airplane.  You will travel from the airplane gates to the main airport terminal following signs to baggage claim.  The black Crowne Plaza shuttle busses pick up outside the baggage claim level of the main Dulles Airport terminal at curbside labeled 2A.  These covered curbs are across one lane of traffic outside the main terminal and run parallel to the terminal.  Our shuttle busses arrive at the arrival pick up (curbside 2A at approximately 15 and 45 minutes after each hour.
Edit history:
Strongfox: 2013-12-29 04:13:47 pm
mikwuyma: 2013-12-29 04:12:00 pm
mikwuyma: 2013-12-29 04:10:53 pm
mikwuyma: 2013-12-29 04:10:31 pm
Strongfox: 2013-12-29 04:06:47 pm
Strongfox: 2013-12-29 04:06:34 pm
Strongfox: 2013-12-29 04:06:26 pm
Strongfox: 2013-12-29 04:05:43 pm
Don't provide travel advice when you are not even attending AGDQ. Period. You are on the verge of a ban for providing incorrect info about the marathon as if you were in charge, don't tempt us.

signed,

the mods

I Removed All Information
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Mahnkiman: The hotel's website is actually wrong, the curbside pickup is 2H, not 2A.

Strongfox: This is yet another time you are providing advice that is out of hand. Also, Luigimeister isn't coming anymore, he just announced this today.
Quote from mikwuyma:
Mahnkiman: The hotel's website is actually wrong, the curbside pickup is 2H, not 2A.

Strongfox: This is yet another time you are providing advice that is out of hand. Also, Luigimeister isn't coming anymore, he just announced this today.

Sorry about that. I have sent him a Private message instead. Also is that better to do that then posting in these threads when trying to help for people LOOKING?
Edit history:
Breakdown: 2013-12-29 04:39:00 pm
Breakdown: 2013-12-29 04:32:58 pm
Breakdown: 2013-12-29 04:25:16 pm
Haters gonna hate
You HAVE NOT been charged to help out people who are LOOKING! Bold text and caps is fun, but I digress.  No one has asked you to help here, and if you're giving out bad information and volunteering people for things they might not be able to do you are actively doing harm.  You've been told to stop by a bunch of admins, add one to the list. 

What you're doing is called mini-modding, and it's generally frowned upon.  You're not the first to do it, but everyone else has stopped when we asked them to.  You have not, and we're thinking about making you stop.  We realize your heart's in the right place here, but you're being genuinely disruptive.  So one last time, stop, or we will stop you forcibly.
Not a walrus
Quote from Strongfox:
I have sent him a Private message instead.

This is completely missing the point of what we're telling you to do, fyi.
Fine ill stop helping altogether with information. All i ask is that all the mods please don't come at me with a an angry mob with torches and pitchforks. I'm sorry for trying to help and i'm sorry if my information was wrong. Nobody ever came to me privately to stop helping and also nobody told me which information is wrong with the information i posted to try to help. But that does not make up for the fact of what I did and I still am going to stop posting and stop helping people.
L
would there be anyone able to give me and 3 others (bosby,heeheex2, and reed) a ride from the hotel to union station on the 11th for a 10am departure?
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I'm still trying to find a ride from Magfest to the Crowne on the 4th. If all else fails I'll just take a shuttle to the dulles and then shuttle to the crowne or something.
Cube Throw = OoB
yeah i need a ride back to union station on the 12th at around noon. will provide gas money
I thought I had posted a PM to  bassdeluxe27 confirming my ride to the Crowne but it didn't  [was on the 11th of Dec and I finally replied to him saying it is fine]. So transportation is 50/50 if he knew I was going to.

If not is anyone within NC going to the event that has one spot open in their car could come to Reidsville NC to allow me to come to the event is there anyone going near me I can provide gas money.
I'll send some PMs out when I get home this evening.

I can pick up and drop off as Union Station as long as it's on the weekends. I can also do Reagan/National, Dulles Airport Runs. Union Station and Reagan National Airport are pretty closeby each other so I could mix/match locations pretty easily.

Feel free to PM me as well if you still need a ride from those locations and you fit in the times I posted.
Just a guy
So I might need a ride from Danbury CT if my plans suddenly fall through, which is a possibility right now. Still pending on that one. I'm prepped to leave on the 4th and can stay as late as the 14th.
If you're in the north east and not following the weather, "Winter Storm HERCULES" is about to shit snow all over new england and might be fucking up your (belated) Christmas.
Haters gonna hate
Saintmillion has graciously offered to pick me up at Union Station on the 4th, so I'm covered there.

Will still need the ride from the hotel to Union Station on the 13th to get me there ~10:30AM (so leaving the hotel in the vicinity of 10 AM).  That can be hammered out closer to time, but just throwing it out there.