Smiley
Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 .. 10 .. 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
So originally I was planning on driving down, but I was also thinking of looking into train tickets as well. If I were to take Amtrak or something, what would be the most convenient destination station?
AHA
Quote from 520:
So originally I was planning on driving down, but I was also thinking of looking into train tickets as well. If I were to take Amtrak or something, what would be the most convenient destination station?

Probably Union Station, which isn't convenient.  You'll need to arrange a ride or public transport.  I'd just drive, if you can.
Edit history:
Strongfox: 2013-12-15 07:41:17 pm
Strongfox: 2013-12-15 07:40:14 pm
Quote from mahnkiman:
Quote from 520:

Probably Union Station, which isn't convenient.  You'll need to arrange a ride or public transport.  I'd just drive, if you can.

I think for Amtrack its the best one to get you to Dulles. When you get to Union Station just take the metro to the Region National Airport and hope that someone going to AGDQ is there at the time you arrive at station and then you get a ride with them if they have room. If that does not work i heard that someone in this thread say they can pick people up from metro stations. Also if that all does not work out just take the metro orange line to Rosslyn and then take bus 5A to IAD (Dulles airport) then take hotel shuttle bus from there.
Yeeeeeeah, I think I'll drive. Thanks!
Formerly known as Skullboy
I didn't know if I'd be able to go until earlier today so I apologize for being late. I'm driving myself. I'll be at MAGFest and can bring people from there to the hotel like last year. I'll be driving back to north east Ohio on the 12th.
Thinker & Dreamer
change of plan, I won't need a ride to union station on the 15th. I am just taking a flight from Dulles airport departing at 10am
meeeeeeeeeow
I probably should have done this sooner(hahahaha) BUT
I'm looking into flights and it's cheaper for me to fly out of the Baltimore international airport(like $150 cheaper) than out of Dulles.
The flight I'm looking at leaves on the 12th at 6am, would anyone be willing to drive me around 2am? I am just checking before I book my flight home tomorrow, and if I can't find anyone I'll just book a flight from Dulles.

I know it's like an hour away, you'd get $50 and breakfast on me for compensation~

Sorry for posting so late! '__'
last minute poster lol

i'm in the DC are, college park, and my plan is going by public transportation (metro, bus, train, bus, metro, submarine, boat)
but if there is someone from around here driving there, we can work something out and split the gas

peace
i'll be at agdq for the 5th through the 7th since vampire was added to the schedule. i know ya'll wanted things in by the 12th but i didn't think i was going to attend. not sure exactly when i would arrive or depart yet since i haven't bought the tickets due to fluctuating costs, but i'll look at getting in around noon and rely on the shuttle to get back and forth. 
Edit history:
Heidrage: 2013-12-18 05:46:47 pm
Willing to teach you the impossible
Plans changed. I will be renting a car and driving to agdq from tallahassee, fl. I can offer rides to 1-2 people that are on the way and back that are not too far out of the way. 
so i'm actually looking at arriving on the 4th and leave the 7th, since it's better for plane tickets
Balls jerky
I'm driving down from Providence, RI on the 9th with room for 3 I guess. For all the people showing up on Thursday ya know? Class gets out at 11:15am. Figure I go home grab my stuff and eat lunch maybe I'll hit the road by noonish. Then drive I-95 down through 6 states or so until I get to the hotel hopefully by 9. Not sure where I'm going to hit rush hour and if it snows in a New England January that could mess things up as well. Return trip with room for 3 on the 12th up through 6 states or so until I get back to Providence. Crazy I know.
Just a guy
I'm coming from CT, dballin, so you're not totally crazy!
Dogi the wallcrusher
Had a question for anyone who's ever flown Delta before. Their carry-on limit is one carry-on bag and one personal item. The personal item examples are purses, diaper bags and laptops. I'm pretty sure they mean a laptop in a bag, but just how big can that bag be? I use the Thinkgeek bag of holding for school  with my laptop, binder and such and was thinking I could just toss my tablet, camera, headphones, 3ds etc in there and try and bring it as my personal item to avoid paying and checking a bag. Any idea if this works?

Last time I flew was through United I think and they didn't mind my smaller laptop bag that was way overstuffed but that was also a few years ago. Also I think United has a different carry on policy.
Edit history:
Strongfox: 2013-12-20 11:43:17 am
Quote from Wallcrusher:
Had a question for anyone who's ever flown Delta before. Their carry-on limit is one carry-on bag and one personal item. The personal item examples are purses, diaper bags and laptops. I'm pretty sure they mean a laptop in a bag, but just how big can that bag be? I use the Thinkgeek bag of holding for school  with my laptop, binder and such and was thinking I could just toss my tablet, camera, headphones, 3ds etc in there and try and bring it as my personal item to avoid paying and checking a bag. Any idea if this works?

Last time I flew was through United I think and they didn't mind my smaller laptop bag that was way overstuffed but that was also a few years ago. Also I think United has a different carry on policy.

The bag should be no problem. As long as it fits under the seat in front of you then you are good to go. Most airlines don't really care the size unless it's like a massive suitcase, which then gets a tag at gate and then you pick up when you land at gate, or if you have more then like 2 or 3 bags. From flying a lot, I noticed my mom has a purse she carries on along with her laptop bag and her carry on i.e. suitcase (small size to go over head) and it all works out. Sometimes if the plane is packed to the fullest i.e. full, then they ask if anyone wants to get there bag tagged at gate for free and then they can pick it up at baggage claim. If that happens than I always go for that if my carry on is a little bit larger suitcase so then I don't have to mess with it on the plane which is a good thing. Hope this information helps.
Dogi the wallcrusher
Sounds good, I just dont want my laptop and things crushed in the cargo hold. They can throw my carry on case in there if they want. From past experience I know my current laptop bag will fit under a seat, just didnt think all airlines would use that. Thanks much
www.twitch.tv/fiercekyo
I arrive at ronald reagan at 6:45pm on january 9th, anyone willing to pick me up from the airport, gas
Money will be provided of course
Hey I'm fresh to the scene but I live in Arlington and would be happy to provide a couple rides for people. My only gdq cred is that I went to high school with Mike Uyama. pm me if you need a lift!
Well my ride bailed on me to get back from AGDQ, so is there anyone who can drive me back to the New York City area on Jan 12th? I will gladly pay for the gas money/tolls. If I have to I can try to use public transportation but I'd rather avoid it.
Cheeseburger Walrus
I'm also arriving at Ronald Reagan International, on January 5th at around 9:30 AM EST. Would anyone be willing to pick me up and drive me to the hotel? I'd pay for gas, of course.
Cube Throw = OoB
Quote from 520:

the route is a bit complicated but it isn't impossible. pretty much you do this: http://puu.sh/5UpSX.png (time changes depending on when you get to union station)... then you take the fairfax connector bus 950 which takes you literally a block away from the hotel.

but yeah if someone wants to pick me up from union station so i dont have to do a bunch of crossing lines + bus that would be great
Balls jerky
Quote from znernicus:
Well my ride bailed on me to get back from AGDQ, so is there anyone who can drive me back to the New York City area on Jan 12th? I will gladly pay for the gas money/tolls. If I have to I can try to use public transportation but I'd rather avoid it.

NYC is on the way to Providence. How far out of the way from I-95 are you? I was probably going to change it up anyway because screw the GWB and it's $12 toll or whatever it's up to.
Edit history:
znernicus: 2013-12-23 03:01:45 am
dballin, just sent a PM. thanks for offering to maybe help
Edit history:
obeysumo: 2014-01-16 08:17:56 am
Anyone still in need of a ride from Dulles (IAD) or Reagan (DCA) for AGDQ hit me up. I live in the area and would be happy to grab ya and get you to the site.
Quote from xcd:
Quote from 520:

the route is a bit complicated but it isn't impossible. pretty much you do this: http://puu.sh/5UpSX.png (time changes depending on when you get to union station)... then you take the fairfax connector bus 950 which takes you literally a block away from the hotel.

but yeah if someone wants to pick me up from union station so i dont have to do a bunch of crossing lines + bus that would be great

I am seconding this, and still searching for a pick up.  Though knowing there is this option is nice. ^.^