Smiley
Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 .. 4 .. 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I haven't decided whether I'm going to fly or drive yet, but a carpool would make me more inclined to drive.  From where I live in Grand Rapids, MI, my route would take me through the Ann Arbor (or possibly through Detroit, depending on carpooling), Cleveland and Pittsburgh areas.  My car can fit 2-3 additional people depending on luggage and gets good gas mileage.
If anyone wants to add info to the map thing, give me your email and I'll add you to the list of people that can edit it.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zdYIT55xyirM.kkUlp_rKuyrw
Gets the cake.
Depending on whether I'll have people coming with me or not (d4rw1n might be coming with me, depending on whether he's able to be in the USA at the time) I'll take amtrak or possibly drive up. If I drive, I'll make sure to update and make a post about it, because I'll be coming from north GA and would be able to pick up at least 1 other person. Don't depend on this, however, since it's still totally up in the air.
You asked for avatars...
Quote from z1mb0bw4y:
Depending on whether I'll have people coming with me or not (d4rw1n might be coming with me, depending on whether he's able to be in the USA at the time) I'll take amtrak or possibly drive up. If I drive, I'll make sure to update and make a post about it, because I'll be coming from north GA and would be able to pick up at least 1 other person. Don't depend on this, however, since it's still totally up in the air.

Where in northern GA?  I lived there for most of my life!  Now I'm on Long Island, so...a bit far from home.  Speaking of which, I have an SUV so anyone in the LI or CT area that may need a ride, I can take quite a few and have lots of space for any bags as well.
Just a guy
InterrupterJones, PM comin your way~
I think I might go for am Amtrak train route, though the nearest one to the actual location seems to be from Atlantic City to PA, changing trains to go to Burke, VA...which still leaves quite a gap to the hotel. I could try carpooling, but the only person coming into my state as of now still does require me to travel a bit of a ways to meet up with them...I suppose that's better than having to hop trains in PA and then getting dumped in Burke, though. Like I said, bear with me, I've never done solo traveling on this scale before, so I'm just really not sure yet. Thank god I've still got a few months to plan this out.
There, added my location to the map.
Speed Run games at 20% coolness
There is a change of plans for me, I wound be taking a plane from WPG to MNP to IAD on Delta on Jan 4th if anyone is getting on that same flight
I'm not your buddy, guay!
I'll be driving from Pittsburgh, PA. I usually take 68 across Maryland. I'll only be going for 3 or 4 days and which days I go will depend on the schedule (wherever the Zelda block is haha) but that's all I can really afford to take off from work. So I don't really anticipate picking anyone else up unless our schedules just happen to align.
Quote from rudyxx:
I will be coming from MagFest. Hoping that maybe someone can swing by there and pick me up. Otherwise I'll probably just call for a taxi or something.

Me and my gf are coming from magfest leaving on the 5th, if you need a ride still!
Quote from InterrupterJones:
Quote from z1mb0bw4y:

Where in northern GA?  I lived there for most of my life!  Now I'm on Long Island, so...a bit far from home.  Speaking of which, I have an SUV so anyone in the LI or CT area that may need a ride, I can take quite a few and have lots of space for any bags as well.

I live in Ellijay. Not a lot of people from there, but a lot of people know of it for the Apple Festival.
Anyone who is feeling pressured to get a flight into BWI: there is adequate transit from the airport to DC via commuter train, and BWI is also close to my school, so I'd be willing to do pickups again since I live between the event and BWI and will likely be in the area.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
For anyone banking on the United Airlines discount, you should stop waiting.

https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/sorry_no_united_airlines_discount_this_year.html

Sorry. Sad
Everybody's favorite monster
Arriving on the 3rd @ IAD around 4PM.
Leaving on the 13th @ 6PM
Feudal Family Lord
Quote from SMK:
I'm going to be driving in from Waterloo (near Toronto, Ontario, en-route from Montreal/Ottawa) again.

Here's a rough idea of my route, however it would likely deviate significantly more east through NY/Penn if I'm picking up ZachSK again (which is likely).  If I am indeed picking up Zach, there's maybe room for 1-2 more (assuming they aren't taking much gear). 

this seems preferable, as you have some idea where i live and the ride was enjoyable/tolerable
I'm not 100% on going to the marathon yet, but I'll be driving if I do.  My route is alterable but I'll be travelling from Northwest Indiana.

Also, on another note, if people are going to need rides from the other airports that the shuttle doesn't cover, I dont mind covering for that again this year.  We'll have to see whats going on with it closer to the marathon.
Are there enough letters here to tel
driving from NJ. Around 3 and a half hours according to Gmaps. Head south on 95 etc etc. Easy peasy.
Just a guy
Quote from controllerhead:
driving from NJ. Around 3 and a half hours according to Gmaps. Head south on 95 etc etc. Easy peasy.

If you can avoid it, try going around I-95. I guarantee you'll save a bit of time (and more importantly, gas). Sure, longer distance, but much less idling. Just my two cents though.
The Dork Knight himself.
I've driven the route before, and 95 is definitely the quickest way. No back routes, no going through towns, just straight driving. The only bad spot on 95 is if you go through NYC.
Worthless categories WR master
Well, any self-respecting speedrunner should take the route that has the potential to be the fastest, even if it means taking the risk of it being several hours slower. Speedrunner's life. This could be 3 minutes faster, but also likely to slow us down by 2 hours? Let's go, man, let's go.
Quote from controllerhead:

Where about in NJ? If you're willing to make a detour, I could use a ride. You'd be compensated for time and gas of course.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Quote from Bismuth:
Well, any self-respecting speedrunner should take the route that has the potential to be the fastest, even if it means taking the risk of it being several hours slower. Speedrunner's life. This could be 3 minutes faster, but also likely to slow us down by 2 hours? Let's go, man, let's go.

And if we miss the glitch, we use reset strats, right?
Don't forget that this is a marathon run, guys. Sometimes you've gotta use safe [granny] strats.
Just a guy
My plans might be a-changin? I may be going to MAGFest right before AGDQ.
I'm not even close to 100% because I have to clear things on switching my vacation week, figuring out budgets and all that but I might be driving from Minneapolis, MN and could pick up some people if I do. I've got a Focus hatchback so it should be a good amount of space.