--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Just a guy
Quote from Naegleria:
https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zdYIT55xyirM.kkUlp_rKuyrw

I made a google maps map thing.  I put the location of AGDQ as a blue pin, people who said they may be able to drive as a red pin, and passengers needing rides as yellow.

This... was a really good idea! If you wanted to update it further, I'm specifically in Danbury.
Basically, depending on what time I would get off my bus, I could get in a car from DC. I would arrive on the 4th at DC, so yeah. Cheesy
I will be coming from NYC, and I was planning on coming by Amtrak(Penn Station) and then a series of trains and buses. Does anyone know if that would be a good idea or is flying better?
Twinkle-Twinkle Lil' Star, har har!
Quote from Naegleria:
https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zdYIT55xyirM.kkUlp_rKuyrw

I made a google maps map thing.  I put the location of AGDQ as a blue pin, people who said they may be able to drive as a red pin, and passengers needing rides as yellow.

Awesome idea, Naegleria! Glad SOMEone noticed I'm in Minnesota. Nitpick, I know, but it's Mankato, not Mankota. I digress, though, since spelling isn't that big of a deal as long as people know where they'd be going if able to pick me up. thumbsup Again, awesome idea!
I'm coming from Sewell, NJ and am looking for a carpool or public transportation to get down there.
AHA
Quote from ahuynh:
I will be coming from NYC, and I was planning on coming by Amtrak(Penn Station) and then a series of trains and buses. Does anyone know if that would be a good idea or is flying better?

Have you considered a bus?  It's pretty cheap, even if the ride is longer.  Earlier this year I took a BoltBus round trip from DC to NYC and it was $40.
Quote from mahnkiman:
Quote from ahuynh:

Have you considered a bus?  It's pretty cheap, even if the ride is longer.  Earlier this year I took a BoltBus round trip from DC to NYC and it was $40.

I actually don't know how to get to DC besides Amtrak because I am familiar with it. I am not familiar with buses, but I will look into it.
Worthless categories WR master
I will be either driving with my Toyota Echo from Montréal, QC or carpooling with rwhitegoose and bonesaw from Toronto, ON. If Goose is not coming to AGDQ I have room for 2 people, if he is coming then we have room for um... 3 more? PM me if you're interested and we'll try to figure something out. I know there are a lot of Canadian east-coasters so I'm not sure we can say yes to everyone.
Bismuth you have one new message!
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I will be coming from MagFest. Hoping that maybe someone can swing by there and pick me up. Otherwise I'll probably just call for a taxi or something.
$15 per rant/allegory
Am I allowed to make a thread for Europeans flying in? With an IAD bus shuttle it'll be a lot easier for us to sync up travel planes this year. There are only a few hubs that fly out to IAD and some are cheaper than others. It would be nice if we could all be organised in one place away from this thread. Last year I did it in private threads and that missed a lot of people.

Green person please respond.
Feudal Family Lord
Looking for someone wanting to carpool and is going/willing to go through Ithaca, NY or is SMK
I want off the ride....
Quote from flicky:
Am I allowed to make a thread for Europeans flying in? With an IAD bus shuttle it'll be a lot easier for us to sync up travel planes this year. There are only a few hubs that fly out to IAD and some are cheaper than others. It would be nice if we could all be organised in one place away from this thread. Last year I did it in private threads and that missed a lot of people.

Green person please respond.

I'm not green but...
Since IAD is the one that has the free shuttle every 30 minutes to and from the hotel. You can just schedule then all whenever if they are going into IAD, instead of having to worry about scheduling a bus shuttle to the venue.

Unless you want to do that... but i dont see the need for the bus shuttle TBH.

I'll give my go ahead to the thread, i'll look into it and keep my info here up to date either way.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
http://google.com/flights/ This is supposed to be a good way to find flights.

Anyway, about the United discount, it should be established very soon. I gave May (the rep at Omega World Travel) the location and dates so the discount should be available next week at the latest.

Flicky: A European travel thread is fine with me. As long as if you put the info in this thread too.
The Great Farming Empire
I'll hopefully be traveling through the Metro, given that the closest station isn't too far away from the hotel.
Speed Run games at 20% coolness
Well, the quickest/cheapest flight for me is from Grand Forks to DIA, though I think I stop at another city or two for $434CAN. Also is it best to come on Jan 4th?
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
DarkFrog: did you mean IAD? Because... DIA is a very different, very very wrong airport. Like, that's where you'd go if you were going to SGDQ, not AGDQ.
Speed Run games at 20% coolness
Yes, I ment IAD. My bad
Edit history:
Laplacier: 2013-09-12 10:58:34 pm
Laplacier: 2013-09-12 10:57:53 pm
Laplacier: 2013-09-12 10:57:28 pm
Laplacier: 2013-09-12 10:56:23 pm
StarSong Hype
My current plan is to drive up from South Carolina (and if I do I could pick up 2-3 people on the way). I haven't driven into a large city before. Is there parking at the hotel and does it cost extra to park at the hotel? I recall we had to pay additional for parking when my grandparents drove our family into Chicago overnight (it also being a big city).
I'm pretty sure Herndon, Virginia isn't a very large city at all.  I think you'll do fine.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Laplacier, the parking is free at the hotel, and they have plenty of parking spots.
Okay, so I need to get from South Jersey to this place. I've never done any kind of traveling like this on my own and I'm nervous about fucking it up. What's my best option? I thought about taking a bus from Atlantic City of some sort, and then somehow transitioning from the nearest stop to the hotel, but I'm not really sure what to do to be honest. ^^;
Edit history:
mahnkiman: 2013-09-13 04:48:14 am
AHA
Quote from Laplacier:
My current plan is to drive up from South Carolina (and if I do I could pick up 2-3 people on the way). I haven't driven into a large city before. Is there parking at the hotel and does it cost extra to park at the hotel? I recall we had to pay additional for parking when my grandparents drove our family into Chicago overnight (it also being a big city).

You won't be going into DC proper at all; Herndon is a suburb.  As sledge said, you'll be fine.

Quote from Countneko:
Okay, so I need to get from South Jersey to this place. I've never done any kind of traveling like this on my own and I'm nervous about fucking it up. What's my best option? I thought about taking a bus from Atlantic City of some sort, and then somehow transitioning from the nearest stop to the hotel, but I'm not really sure what to do to be honest. ^^;

Probably your best bet is to carpool with someone.  Otherwise, take a bus and arrange for someone to pick you up.  A couple people (myself included) have tentatively offered to help with pickups, but I'm sure that'll get sorted out more as people figure out what their plans are.
Edit history:
SMK: 2013-09-13 06:04:53 am
I'm going to be driving in from Waterloo (near Toronto, Ontario, en-route from Montreal/Ottawa) again.

Here's a rough idea of my route, however it would likely deviate significantly more east through NY/Penn if I'm picking up ZackSK again (which is likely).  If I am indeed picking up Zack, there's maybe room for 1-2 more (assuming they aren't taking much gear). 
I saw Dgaul and ProfessorBroman mention Pittsburgh, but Dgaul wasnt sure if he could drive, andBroman wasnt from here, so it might be slightly out of the way, but I WILL be driving down from Pittsburgh if anyone needs a ride, My car seats 7, but obviously with our bags and stuff I would say I could bring 4 more people? If you want to go back at a different time from me though, then you are on your own (no idea how long into bonus ill be staying)