Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1, 2 ... 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Twinkle-Twinkle Lil' Star, har har!
Well, before I can commit to even going, I thought I'd come here first. About the only way I could get there is with someone who carpools. I can come up with the money to attend, my portion of a room, and any money I need to keep up on meals. Flights have always been what's kept me from attending in the past.

Here's the downside: I live in Minnesota in a town called Mankato. As far as I know, I've only talked with one member from MN before and they've always flown or, when they do drive, Mankato is (understandably) out of their way.

That being said, my question is whether there's anybody who somehow has their route go through MN on the way there? I'd be willing to chip in any amount for gas, even extra if it makes one go out of their way. For me, it'd be a lot cheaper than flying.

Thanks! thumbsup
My feelings on The Demon Rush
So I did a bit of quick research on shuttles from National Airport to Dulles, and it turns out they're about 50 dollars, and you can split them up amongst multiple people.
Quote from luigimeister:
Hey Stinger I have a decently sized car and I'm driving from north alabama. You want to just carpool with me? Edit: Knoxville is literally on the path I'm taking to D.C.

Do you know when you're leaving? If it's on the last weekend, that would be awesome.
Likes SoM far too much
Quote from StingerPA:
Do you know when you're leaving? If it's on the last weekend, that would be awesome.

I'm leaving on the last day of the normal stream.
Quote from luigimeister:
Quote from StingerPA:

I'm leaving on the last day of the normal stream.

Sounds good, I'll let you know if anything changes.
So nobody from Monteal? Guess I'll go by bus then!

What would be sweet though is if my budd and I could catch a ride from Washington DC. I would help for gas of course!
Insane Killer Robot
I don't know if I am coming 100% or not yet, but if I do, I'll be driving from the Detroit, MI area and I'd be willing to take maybe 1 or 2 carpoolers with me. 3 would also be doable but with the possibility of being cramped if people have lots of things to pack in my car (it's a 2003 Chevy Impala, if you want an idea on size).
For Fun! For GLORY!!
CBX, you're from Michigan too? Tongue
Balls jerky
If I'm coming, it's I-95 all the way down from Rhode Island, but since I won't be able to stay the whole time, the likelihood of ride-share is about 0 so fuck me.
In the event that I manage to come, I would be driving myself from Hampton Roads, VA area up I64W and I95N past Richmond. Based on how much space I had last AGDQ, I could probably manage carpooling 1-2 people possibly. 2 extra people might be a bit cramped depending on others' luggage, but 1 would fit easily. Not 100% sure if I can make it just yet (January is way away for my scheduling) so I will try to update when I know for sure.
haplessly degenerate reprobate
It wont be of much use to those flying in, but I made a Tinyurl to help with getting directions hastily.

http://tinyurl.com/AGDQ2014Directions
Dogi the wallcrusher
I'll be flying in. Haven't booked a flight yet but the price of the flight set I was looking at has jumped up $50 since I initially looked. I'm hoping any discounts Mike works with United can bring it back below 300. Also just checking regularly now to see if the price goes back down.

I could get some flights at the price they were before, but I'd be taking off at like 4am and coming back at 4am which just isn't gonna work
Edit history:
DrCoolGuy: 2013-09-10 11:33:53 pm
Just a guy
If honorableJay wants to go slightly out of his way to pick a brotha up in western CT, that would be appreciated! Adds like 45ish minutes to an hour to the trip though Sad
Obviously willing to help with gas and stuff. Anything is cheaper than $65 on bus and stuff
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Wallcrusher if you are flying into dulles that shouldn't be an issue because the shuttle is 24/7.
Anyone passing through Louisville KY or anyone from around the area want to car pool?
Hi,

I guess I'll have to take a flight from Europe. If anyone wanna join, my flight will pass either Brussels or London.
Updating with my route Info! I'll be passing by Cleveland, OH and Pittsburgh, PA if anyone around that area needs a pickup! Also, I could modify the route to go through Columbus, OH if that would be needed for anyone (but that would obviously leave out Cleveland) so let me know if you need a ride or need modification for me to pick ya up!
Probably driving at this point but not 100% certain from Charlotte straight up I-85 (though that may change if I end up picking someone up and it forces us into a detour because of it, I don't think it will but I'll update if it does) to eventually I-95. If you're within a detour of < 45 minutes I don't mind picking you up (gas money appreciated).
StarSong Hype
Quote from Wallcrusher:
I'll be flying in. Haven't booked a flight yet but the price of the flight set I was looking at has jumped up $50 since I initially looked. I'm hoping any discounts Mike works with United can bring it back below 300. Also just checking regularly now to see if the price goes back down.

I could get some flights at the price they were before, but I'd be taking off at like 4am and coming back at 4am which just isn't gonna work

This might sound odd, but try clearing out your cookies and checking the price again. Some sites will increase their prices for the amount of times you check the flight on your computer and that is tracked via cookie.
I'll be driving from Bourne, MA (Cape Cod), and will have room for one or two folks, but I will likely be there for the entire marathon/bonus stream plus setup/take down, so bear that in mind.
The Dork Knight himself.
DrCoolGuy: send me a pm with your info an how long you plan on staying.
Just a guy
honorableJay: Just PM'd you (I think?)

elendil004: I'm in Danbury, CT adds like 30 minutes to your trip? Just keepin them options open.
Edit history:
bassdeluxe27: 2013-09-22 01:39:10 pm
aka forte27
I'm planning on driving up from the Charlotte, NC area, and I have an empty car that would seat 3 more.  Edit: Nothing should be stopping me from making this trip.  I'm planning on driving up on the 4th and leaving on the 12th.
Dogi the wallcrusher
Quote from Laplacier:
Quote from Wallcrusher:

This might sound odd, but try clearing out your cookies and checking the price again. Some sites will increase their prices for the amount of times you check the flight on your computer and that is tracked via cookie.

Cleared my kayak cookie but now the United flights that leave around 9am are $434. Airline flight prices confirmed RNG
https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zdYIT55xyirM.kkUlp_rKuyrw

I made a google maps map thing.  I put the location of AGDQ as a blue pin, people who said they may be able to drive as a red pin, and passengers needing rides as yellow.