--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Arriving IAD 1/4 8:44 PM on United 5756
Departing IAD 1/12 12:25 PM on United 3730
Student No. 41269
I'll be driving in on the 4th from the Lansing, Michigan area and leaving on the 14th.  This is the route I'll be travelling: http://goo.gl/maps/0kMbE

If there's anyone that's along that route, or not that far out of the way of it, I'll have room to comfortably take 2 people, maybe 3 factoring in luggage room.  If there's anyone interested, just let me know.
I'm in South Jersey and still looking for a ride if anyone can provide it. If not, my only options are bus (Google has not been helpful in this manner at all and I don't think there are any bus routes to the location) or train (nearest stop still puts me 17 miles off where I need to be last I checked).
Quote from Bismuth:
I'm posting here that the Tim Hortons carpool will consist of RWhiteGoose, Bismuth, Bonesaw, MorKs and Snowplays. Shit will be hype.

Is there room in this carpool? I've been talking to MorKs, he lives in the same city.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Snowplays can't go, so my assumption is yes, specone.
Worthless categories WR master
Yes, the carpool has gone from RWhiteGoose, Bismuth, Bonesaw, MorKs and Snowplays to

Bismuth
MorKs

For all sorts of reasons, everyone else dropped (Goose is not coming on the 4th, snowplays is not coming anymore, and picking up bonesaw from montreal was too inconvenient for everyone) so yes there is room for more. I'd like to know if you are 100% sure to come and serious about it, because AGDQ is already drawing somewhat near and I'd like to have a solid basis of people.

So, there is room for 2 people (my toyota echo cannot take 5 + stuff for a week with reasonable comfort).

specone
spot open

If you live on the way between Montreal and Washington, therefore close enough to the path that goes through Plattsburgh NY, Albany NY,  Binghamton NY, Scranton PA, Harrisburg PA and Frederick MD, we could take you. Ideally you can PM me but you can post in this thread and I should see it.
OK, so Im planning on getting my plane tickets tomorrow. Quick question though, how do the shuttles work? I've never had any experience with that sort of thing...
Just a guy
Quote from EpiclyEpic:
OK, so Im planning on getting my plane tickets tomorrow. Quick question though, how do the shuttles work? I've never had any experience with that sort of thing...

From what I understand they run every 30 minutes from the airplane and go straight to the hotel. No other stops. So you should be able to ideally get on pretty much whenever. At least that's how all the shuttles I've been on have been run.
Edit history:
EpiclyEpic: 2013-11-12 09:59:43 pm
EpiclyEpic: 2013-11-12 09:59:07 pm
Quote from DrCoolGuy:
From what I understand they run every 30 minutes from the airplane and go straight to the hotel. No other stops. So you should be able to ideally get on pretty much whenever. At least that's how all the shuttles I've been on have been run.

Yeah I was just reading a little about that on their website. Is there some sort of fee? I didnt see anything about that.

EDIT: Apparently Im blind! Sorry! Ignore this lol. Thanks for the reply.
Edit history:
EpiclyEpic: 2013-11-13 02:53:18 pm
Flights all booked, ill register next paycheck~

Sat Jan 4 - Flight #2377

Depart CHICAGO (MIDWAY), IL (MDW) on Southwest Airlines at 11:40 AM
Arrive in WASHINGTON (DULLES), DC (IAD) at 2:20 PM

Sun Jan 12 - Flight#748

Depart WASHINGTON (DULLES), DC (IAD) on Southwest Airlines at 2:25 PM
Arrive in CHICAGO (MIDWAY), IL (MDW) at 3:20 PM
Quote from Bismuth:
Yes, the carpool has gone from RWhiteGoose, Bismuth, Bonesaw, MorKs and Snowplays to

Bismuth
MorKs

For all sorts of reasons, everyone else dropped (Goose is not coming on the 4th, snowplays is not coming anymore, and picking up bonesaw from montreal was too inconvenient for everyone) so yes there is room for more. I'd like to know if you are 100% sure to come and serious about it, because AGDQ is already drawing somewhat near and I'd like to have a solid basis of people.

So, there is room for 2 people (my toyota echo cannot take 5 + stuff for a week with reasonable comfort).

specone
spot open

If you live on the way between Montreal and Washington, therefore close enough to the path that goes through Plattsburgh NY, Albany NY,  Binghamton NY, Scranton PA, Harrisburg PA and Frederick MD, we could take you. Ideally you can PM me but you can post in this thread and I should see it.

I'm coming 100%, and i live in montreal Smiley
Edit history:
Valiuse: 2013-11-14 02:17:32 pm
Well damn.  I could have picked you up Epic.  Ah wells.  If anyone from the Chicago area or on my route still needs a ride, I have room for at minimum one more, two depending on luggage.  I am currently only picking up Zewing.

Edit: Ok, so as of now, I have Me, WeForget, and Zewing in my car.  If someone on/near my route still needs a ride and packs somewhat light, I should be able to fit you in.
Here are my travel plans:

I will be driving down from South Jersey on the morning of the 9th, hopefully to be there in time for the poker tournament. Smiley
I want off the ride....
Stuff should be "Mostly" up to date.

I think I might start head hunting people who are going and haven't at least reported some detail...
Worthless categories WR master
Quote from specone:
I'm coming 100%, and i live in montreal Smiley

Perfect, I'll add you to the private thread and now there is one more spot left. I'll repeat, the path starts from Montréal and goes through Plattsburgh NY, Albany NY,  Binghamton NY, Scranton PA, Harrisburg PA and Frederick MD on the 4th, coming back on the 12th.
Quote from Valiuse:
Well damn.  I could have picked you up Epic.  Ah wells.  If anyone from the Chicago area or on my route still needs a ride, I have room for at minimum one more, two depending on luggage.  I am currently only picking up Zewing.

Edit: Ok, so as of now, I have Me, WeForget, and Zewing in my car.  If someone on/near my route still needs a ride and packs somewhat light, I should be able to fit you in.

nah its cool man. Trying to get maximum fun time at AGDQ...not saying roadtrips cant be fun :p
Arriving Dulles 6:29 PM Jan. 4 on Delta 5762
Departing Dulles 12:20 PM Jan. 12 on Delta 1172

Planning on shuttle to/from hotel and not renting a car.
For now, it looks like I'll be driving this year. Here is a snapshot of my route.

http://i.imgur.com/rrRdtds.png

If there is anyone in that path that can be picked up, I'll try and make it happen. I don't know how many I'll be able to fit, maybe three? We'll see.
Arriving-
#448 US Airways
11:59 PM SLC -> 5:45 AM CLT
#2898 Mesa Airlines (dba US Airways Express)
9:16 AM CLT -> 10:31 AM IAD

Departing-
#2812 Mesa Airlines (dba US Airways Express)
11:01 AM IAD -> 12:29 PM CLT
#451 US Airways
6:10 PM CLT -> 8:42 PM SLC

Hoping to shuttle to and from the hotel but if at all possible I would like my driver to be a cat that would be greatly appreciated
INTJ
I just remembered I didn't write my information here:

Arrival:
04. January - Zürich – Washington, Nr. UA 937 11:45 / 15:25

Depart:
15. January - Washington – Zürich, Nr. UA 936 17:45 /*07:55
*arrival next day
Quote from Countneko:
I'm in South Jersey and still looking for a ride if anyone can provide it. If not, my only options are bus (Google has not been helpful in this manner at all and I don't think there are any bus routes to the location) or train (nearest stop still puts me 17 miles off where I need to be last I checked).

The only bus you could really take is to Washington DC, and then take the metro to the Vienna stop, and catch a local bus to the event.

I live within 10 minutes from the event and dulles airport, if people need a ride to/from the airport that don't want to shuttle or the times of the shuttles don't work out, I'm willing to do so.
AHA
Quote from Countneko:

If you take the bus/train, arrange a pick-up (and tip your driver!).  Public transport to Dulles is a pain in general and you'll be way better off getting a ride.
:D
Arrival:
IAD
January 5th
15:15

Departure:
IAD
January 15th
12:35
Arrive IAD January 4th - 1:54 pm
Depart IAD January 14th - 4:45 pm

Bossman hasn't book flights yet but looks like were taking in the same flight in but he will be leaving 1-2 days before me. I will either have him post here or I will update this post with his flight info
Wiiaboo
Arriving:
IAD, Southwest 2377
Sat Jan 5
14:20 (2:20 PM)

Departing:
IAD, Southwest 934
Sun Jan 12
11:30 (AM)