Smiley
Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 .. 6 .. 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I'm looking for a ride from MAGFest on the fifth. If anybody plans on going to that or could run by National Harbor (it's about 40 minutes away according to Google), it would be much appreciated.
Games!
I'll be driving up from Manchester, KY on the 1st. Going to MAGFest then staying through the bonus stream (so leaving the 15th).

If that date range works for anyone, I'll be happy to pick you up. Could easily take two people.

Route: http://goo.gl/maps/PkDql
Alrighty.  I will be going this year!  Will be driving from Chesterton, IN out that way.  Definitely looking for people to pick up.  Plan on getting there the 4th and leaving on the 12th.

Route: http://goo.gl/maps/L4CPn
I just bought my plane tickets. Will be flying into IAD on the 4th and leaving on the 12th.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Quote from Zephyrz:
I just bought my plane tickets. Will be flying into IAD on the 4th and leaving on the 12th.

Times and (/or) flight numbers are warmly recommended Wink
It seems no one has posted flight numbers yet, and only a few people have posted exact times. In past years we posted times and flights in the travel thread; are things being handled differently this year?
Edit history:
Heidrage: 2013-10-26 02:59:00 pm
Willing to teach you the impossible
Too lazy to read 5 pages.

Closest greyhound station is here:
SPRINGFIELD GREYHOUND STA
6770 FRONTIER DR
Springfield, VA 22150

What are the options for getting picked up?

Google maps:
From Dullas Crown to Greyhouond
From Greyhound to Dullas Crown

I dont know enough about bus routes to figure out if I can get from there to the hotel via bus.

I dont know my dates yet, I am just looking to see if this is a possibility.
Got the vacation week, looking to lock down a flight. Considering flying to Reagan on Friday the 3rd to attend MAGfest, then hopefully catch a ride from there to AGDQ. This means I would also need to pay for a ride back to Reagan, most likely the evening of Sunday the 12th.
Just a guy
Quote from Heidrage:

I dont know enough about bus routes to figure out if I can get from there to the hotel via bus.

In a nutshell, plenty of people are willing to do runs between the hotel/airport and bus station most likely. Working out all those times probably won't happen til closer to the marathon though.
Just throwing this ou there: Me and my girlfriend will be leaving magfest on the 4th so if anyone would like a ride from there to AGDQ I think we can take 2.
Edit history:
mahnkiman: 2013-10-26 05:14:17 pm
mahnkiman: 2013-10-26 05:12:53 pm
AHA
Quote from Heidrage:

Closest greyhound station is here:
SPRINGFIELD GREYHOUND STA
6770 FRONTIER DR
Springfield, VA 22150

Google maps:
From Dullas Crown to Greyhouond
From Greyhound to Dullas Crown

That's the Springfield Metro station.  If you want to take public transit, take the Metro to Rosslyn, then take Metrobus 5A to Dulles.  From there, you can catch the shuttle to the hotel.  Pain in the ass route, though, so you're better off arranging a pickup.
Just a guy
Quote from TheFearowofTime:
Just throwing this ou there: Me and my girlfriend will be leaving magfest on the 4th so if anyone would like a ride from there to AGDQ I think we can take 2.

I might go and take you up on that... As of now, probably not though.
Quote from DrCoolGuy:
Quote from TheFearowofTime:

I might go and take you up on that... As of now, probably not though.

just let me know!
Edit history:
Valiuse: 2013-10-27 07:24:56 pm
As an FYI, my route normally goes through the Ohio Turnpike and part of the Pennsylvania Turnpike.  I can adjust as necessary.  Also, I should be able to hold 2-3 people depending upon what people are bringing.

Edit: For people flying in at BWI, if you guys get a chance to ensure you come in groups of 2 or 3, I dont mind making the trip out that way to pick people up.  I did it last year, and I dont mind doing it again this year.
I want off the ride....
Quote from yoshifan:
It seems no one has posted flight numbers yet, and only a few people have posted exact times. In past years we posted times and flights in the travel thread; are things being handled differently this year?

No, people just haven't bothered, I will at some point go back and poke these people. but at the moment. I figured a lot of people aren't posting times in for IAD because of the shuttle service, so I'm expecting BWI/DCA people to post.

I'll see about working out something closer to the end of NOvember. I feel like some people may not quite have the stuff put together to make it happen.

Quote from Valiuse:
As an FYI, my route normally goes through the Ohio Turnpike and part of the Pennsylvania Turnpike.  I can adjust as necessary.  Also, I should be able to hold 2-3 people depending upon what people are bringing.

Edit: For people flying in at BWI, if you guys get a chance to ensure you come in groups of 2 or 3, I dont mind making the trip out that way to pick people up.  I did it last year, and I dont mind doing it again this year.

You all should thank this saint. he is a saint. he is a baller, he is a pro.
he destroys.
Edit history:
yoshifan: 2013-11-05 05:08:03 pm
Quote from RaneofSOTN:
I figured a lot of people aren't posting times in for IAD because of the shuttle service, so I'm expecting BWI/DCA people to post.

Ah, guess that makes sense. Well, I'm using IAD, so I'll be using the shuttle as well. But I'll at least post my times anyway; couldn't hurt.

Arrive | Jan 4, 9:07 PM | IAD | United 554
Depart | Jan 13, 6:02 PM | IAD | United 240

This set me back about $612 (from San Diego). Some passable BWI options were around the $440-$500 range, but they either had dangerously short layovers, would take forever, or were at less than ideal times of day. IAD is the only airport I could find good nonstop flights for.
Quote from NewAgeRetroHippie:
I'm looking for a ride from MAGFest on the fifth. If anybody plans on going to that or could run by National Harbor (it's about 40 minutes away according to Google), it would be much appreciated.

D^ng Im leaving on the 4th or Id say I've got you covered
Quote from Alko:
Quote from Zephyrz:

Times and (/or) flight numbers are warmly recommended Wink

Arriving at 3:45PM on DL5267
Departing at 2:35PM on DL1125
My feelings on The Demon Rush
I just want to say if you are planning to come to AGDQ by plane and you haven't bought plane tickets then you should do so ASAP, because plane tickets will only become more expensive in the following weeks, especially if you are traveling internationally.
Arriving IAD on 1440, 1/4 at 3:55 PM
Departing IAD on 934, 1/12 at 11:30 AM
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2013-10-29 08:20:54 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Also people should really provide airlines and flight numbers, since I'm noticing a lack of one or the other, or both, which isn't an issue if you're taking Dulles (because of the shuttle), but it is if you want to be picked up at one of the other airports.
Likes SoM far too much
Quote from NewAgeRetroHippie:

Since no one else has volunteered (to my knowledge), and I will have my car since I'm driving up, I guess I can do this
Professional Second Banana
Arriving IAD 1/4 12:17PM (United #520)
Departing IAD 1/14 3:01PM (United #6162)
just( •_•)>⌐■-■ ..... (⌐■_■)wing it
If anyone could help carpool me to AGDQ I'd be more than appreciative.  I need to arrive there Janurary 5th and leave January 10th.  I live in SouthWest Pennsylvania.  Would anyone be able to help me out i'd feel much more at ease with someone driving me to agdq than using a bus.
Arriving DCA 1/3 6:11 PM Frontier (F9 1620) (MAGfest)
Departing DCA 1/12 8:00 PM Frontier (F9 1633)

Looking to ride in a carpool if any are going MAGfest->AGDQ on the 5th, will do 4th if necessary.