page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 .. 5 .. 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Twinkle-Twinkle Lil' Star, har har!
Quote from EggmaniMN:
I'm not even close to 100% because I have to clear things on switching my vacation week, figuring out budgets and all that but I might be driving from Minneapolis, MN and could pick up some people if I do. I've got a Focus hatchback so it should be a good amount of space.

If you were able to get everything squared away, would Kato be too far out of the way for you? I know it's a little bit too south of the Cities for what would probably be the best route out of MN, but I'd really be willing to make up for any out-of-the-way gas lost and then some for the actual drive. Of course, I understand if it's out of the way, but as I said in my earlier post, I can almost guarantee that budgeting for the marathon fee, my portion of a room, food money, and gas money to help with a carpool would be a lot easier for me than scheduling and securing a flight. I don't make that much money. Grin
It would probably be fine because really, what's the difference between an 16 hour drive and an 18 hour drive but we'll see. I'll know within two weeks if my bid to move my vacation goes through and I'll post again as soon as I know.
Awesome! Well, then, I'll start putting enough aside each month, just to be on the safe side. Good to hear back from you. Thanks again!
You asked for avatars...
Quote from DrCoolGuy:
My plans might be a-changin? I may be going to MAGFest right before AGDQ.

Actually this is ok; I'm not sure right now if I'll be able to go myself.  Some things may be coming up and even if I can come, it may only be for a few days.  Sad
Haters gonna hate
I talked with CyberbotX about this already, but there's a possibility I'll be carpooling with him. If it doesn't work out or if there isn't enough room, I'll be driving there. I'll be driving from the very southeast part of Michigan and I can probably bring one person with me.
Insane Killer Robot
If Mecha and I do carpool, then we'd be leaving on the 6th, from what I recall Mecha telling me. So that is something to keep in mind.
Let's Dance!
Luigimeister, I was unaware that someone else lived in Alabama, too.  If there's room in your vehicle, can you swing by Decatur and pick me up on your way out of the state?  Smiley
Likes SoM far too much
Quote from Dana Crysalis:
Luigimeister, I was unaware that someone else lived in Alabama, too.  If there's room in your vehicle, can you swing by Decatur and pick me up on your way out of the state?  Smiley

Yeah. Decatur is maybe twenty minutes from my house. Sorry for never getting back on the private thread. I've been sick for a week and I forgot about it.
Edit history:
DrCoolGuy: 2013-09-28 09:49:00 pm
Just a guy
Quote from InterrupterJones:
Quote from DrCoolGuy:
My plans might be a-changin? I may be going to MAGFest right before AGDQ.

Actually this is ok; I'm not sure right now if I'll be able to go myself.  Some things may be coming up and even if I can come, it may only be for a few days.  Sad

It's not super set in stone if I am, but keep me in the loop. At this point you're still my number one, although I have backups sorta.

EDIT: Not going to MAGFest anymore.
Okay, my official, tentative plan is that I will be driving Kulthavy (he's a guy who's an exchange student in Waterloo for the next few months), and picking up ZackSK on the way, meaning my car is full.

Since I'm driving, I am willing to do airport runs, assuming I'm not needed to do tech stuff/setup at that time.
I'll be driving down with my wife on the 4th and heading back on the 9th. We're leaving from Enfield, CT. If anyone is traveling these dates and wants to carpool with us, or if we can join you, let's talk. We can fit 2 more in the car.
Quote from BlueStarReturns:
Awesome! Well, then, I'll start putting enough aside each month, just to be on the safe side. Good to hear back from you. Thanks again!

Looks like my AGDQ trip is canceled. Someone with more seniority took the week so I was turned down. Sorry BibleThump
Quote from EggmaniMN:
Quote from BlueStarReturns:

Looks like my AGDQ trip is canceled. Someone with more seniority took the week so I was turned down. Sorry BibleThump

Ah, no problem, dude. I just found out yesterday that I've been behind on my student loans for so long and now I'm going to have to focus on getting caught up on those (they didn't have my info updated and so everything had been going to my dad's place, so it's kind of my fault I didn't check to see what was going on with it). I was going to let you know, but I took most of yesterday trying to get my head back together. Thanks for the heads-up, though!
Though I'd update the thread here and say, I'm not able to fit anymore in my car Cheesy
if i can get the funds together i plan on driving down from buffalo, ny. i'd be willing to share the cost of gas with anyone else for the 7 or so hour trip.
Edit history:
saintmillion: 2013-10-07 11:40:49 am
saintmillion: 2013-10-07 11:40:41 am
saintmillion: 2013-10-07 11:39:59 am
station

I can drive or be a passenger in a carpool, I'm leaving on the 4th at 12:00am (Friday night at midnight, satruday morning) to make this 10 hour trip. if anyone wants to carpool and chip in for gas, check my route in the link below. I drive 2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback, decent space for luggage in the trunk, can comfortably seat 4 including myself. I could be a passenger if someone is going through Atlanta though.

But yeah, like I said, leaving 12:00am on the 4th in the morning, leaving on the 12th sometime in the evening

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=30066&daddr=33.9758052,-84.08983+to:2200+Centreville+Rd,+Herndon,+VA&hl=en&ll=38.959409,-77.426147&spn=1.426648,2.90863&sll=37.6,-95.665&sspn=45.957837,93.076172&geocode=FSwaBwIdDHT2-il1HLnsSRP1iDGBwUOtHgXKvw%3BFf1tBgIdGuT8-imxPhZxJb31iDFJ_4eX-f09eA%3BFeB1UgIdweli-ylH2PpyjUe2iTHUYZQN1Qyq0w&t=h&mra=ls&z=9&via=1
I'm not sure how many people this might help but Southwest is having a sale until tomorrow.  The only thing is for the January booking the dates start January 7th but the price is right for anybody who can go a bit later and lives near an airport that Southwest services.  I know the price from Detroit to Dulles is $60 each way, which is way better then their normal $150 each way.  Also from the Buffalo/Niagra Airport to Dulles is also $60 each way.  Also with Southwest you get two free bags.  But yeah have to book by tomorrow I believe and and the lower fairs don't star till January 7th.
Spengboob Squirepins
Yo, saintmillion, I shot you a private thread
Professional Spider-Man
to all my georgia/south carolina peoples,

assuming i can take the leave (active duty soldier problems), i'm definitely driving up there.

i'm stationed at fort gordon (2.5 hours southeast of atlanta).

iissue is that i drive a 2008 mustang. its quite nice, butttt.... i would take me plus 2 max, so that way the 3rd could just like lay down in the back and not have to worry about being crunched lol. in addition to my lack of trunk space.

really just trying to get an idea of how many are in the area who feel like making an awesome road trip up there. Smiley

<3 road trips, especially with a fun bunch of people!
Spengboob Squirepins
I sent you a private thread aswell, Leo
The Dork Knight himself.
Quote from lurk:
if i can get the funds together i plan on driving down from buffalo, ny. i'd be willing to share the cost of gas with anyone else for the 7 or so hour trip.

Hey we might pass each other on the drive Wink
Worthless categories WR master
I'm posting here that the Tim Hortons carpool will consist of RWhiteGoose, Bismuth, Bonesaw, MorKs and Snowplays. Shit will be hype.
Edit history:
WMJ: 2013-10-13 02:34:31 pm
Alright finally got around to it and booked my flight.

Arriving the 3rd at 4 PM and leave on the 14th at 6 PM :).
I'm driving from the GTA with mitchflowerpower and we are looking for one or two more peeps to sit in my car and give me gas money B)

We're planning to leave Canadia on the 4th in the morning (early!) and start to come back home on the 12th (even earlier!!!!). Crossing at Buffalo or Niagara or Queenston most likely.

If anyone wants a ride there it is.
Jorfin around
Did we figure out any route from the Baltimore airport? It is quite a bit cheaper.